The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:34 pm

BillPackets wrote:This is a lady grey call out

U must b an f'ing genius bc superPT B has minus 15 curve and IMHO has two of the hardest NA Qs in sec 1, almost back to back, with one being like a freaking riddle. I did not love it. And I didn't take the full PT just used some of the sections for practice/acted as experimentals.

But for real grey I mean yeah a -15 curve is cool but like I think the -15 is totally justified and like shouldn't give anyone a sense of comfort

Was this before or after you electrocuted your brain though?

edit: Oh and The Colonel got a 171 on it, so.... SUPERPREP B FTW.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:38 pm

smccgrey wrote:Was this before or after you electrocuted your brain though?


The tDCS isn't comin in till Monday, unfortunately. Srs tho #s 21 n 23...I thot they were two of the hardest NA Qs I've come across. ESP 23...the one about deep tilling I mean wow sup w turn of phrase in the correct answer choice biggest back door way to state that NA I've ever seen

ETA: colonel agrees w me bout those 2 NA Qs

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:40 pm

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Was this before or after you electrocuted your brain though?


The tDCS isn't comin in till Monday, unfortunately. Srs tho #s 21 n 23...I thot they were two of the hardest NA Qs I've come across. ESP 23...the one about deep tilling I mean wow sup w turn of phrase in the correct answer choice biggest back door way to state that NA I've ever seen

ETA: colonel agrees w me bout those 2 NA Qs

Which questions? I'll check mine.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:41 pm

Sec 1 21, 23

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:43 pm

What's up w the colonel chatter?

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:43 pm

Startin to cook on this fine sat night

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:45 pm

BillPackets wrote:Sec 1 21, 23

Yeah they are tricky, I agree.

This was a looong time ago - like may or something. What a fucking ridiculous curve. Normally -6 is not a 178
looks like I lost most of my points in LG and LR2.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:45 pm

Guys PLEASE RESPOND 2 my post about the mud run

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:46 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Sec 1 21, 23

Yeah they are tricky, I agree.

This was a looong time ago - like may or something. What a fucking ridiculous curve. Normally -6 is not a 178
looks like I lost most of my points in LG and LR2.


-6 is a bomb 178 curve

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:46 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Wow I was away from my phone all day n come back to see sum awesome scores. Congrats all.

I was at a mud run, so once I clean the mud out of my mouth, eyes ears hair and god knows where else I'll be on the studying train 2

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:48 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Sec 1 21, 23

Yeah they are tricky, I agree.

This was a looong time ago - like may or something. What a fucking ridiculous curve. Normally -6 is not a 178
looks like I lost most of my points in LG and LR2.


I think -15 is the craziest curve I've ever seen. Idk tho haven't done the RC yet but that LR is like tricky AF IMHO

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:50 pm

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Sec 1 21, 23

Yeah they are tricky, I agree.

This was a looong time ago - like may or something. What a fucking ridiculous curve. Normally -6 is not a 178
looks like I lost most of my points in LG and LR2.


I think -15 is the craziest curve I've ever seen. Idk tho haven't done the RC yet but that LR is like tricky AF IMHO


PT65 has a -14 curve 2 bad I didn't study more in the year of our lord 2011

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:50 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Sec 1 21, 23

Yeah they are tricky, I agree.

This was a looong time ago - like may or something. What a fucking ridiculous curve. Normally -6 is not a 178
looks like I lost most of my points in LG and LR2.


I think -15 is the craziest curve I've ever seen. Idk tho haven't done the RC yet but that LR is like tricky AF IMHO


PT65 has a -14 curve 2 bad I didn't study more in the year of our lord 2011

yeah sadly even with the -14 I couldn't go max Bey...

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:51 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Wow I was away from my phone all day n come back to see sum awesome scores. Congrats all.

I was at a mud run, so once I clean the mud out of my mouth, eyes ears hair and god knows where else I'll be on the studying train 2


Ok that was perfect. I lold at the use of quoting

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:52 pm

Nbd but I think we r the only 3 on TLS at this time

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:52 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Wow I was away from my phone all day n come back to see sum awesome scores. Congrats all.

I was at a mud run, so once I clean the mud out of my mouth, eyes ears hair and god knows where else I'll be on the studying train 2


Ok that was perfect. I lold at the use of quoting


Grey demonstrating her word enlargement prowess

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Nbd but I think we r the only 3 on TLS at this time


Nah I see the lurkers at the bottom just watching us chat about curves. Sup y'all?

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5991
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Nbd but I think we r the only 3 on TLS at this time

And on that note, I'm gonna go pass out. À DEMAIN, MES AMIS.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:55 pm

Bye grey

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:55 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Nbd but I think we r the only 3 on TLS at this time


Nah I see the lurkers at the bottom just watching us chat about curves.
Sup y'all?
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2791
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:56 pm

BillPackets wrote:Bye grey

diiggidy
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:32 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby diiggidy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:19 pm

BillPackets wrote:Well when you get into the post 16 range the Qs get more difficult.

You should def see if u can find some sort of pattern w the strengthen/weaken. Did u do all the drilling packets ?


I haven't done all the packets, but a lot of the question types i'm essentially 100% on so it wouldn't be worth it. I did 1's and 2's for Strengthen/Weaken, Flaw, and NA. Any suggestions for trying to find patterns in missed questions? I've looked through them, and nothing so far has jumped out at me.

User avatar
mornincounselor
Posts: 1220
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:37 am

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:48 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:06 am

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:19 am

diiggidy wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Well when you get into the post 16 range the Qs get more difficult.

You should def see if u can find some sort of pattern w the strengthen/weaken. Did u do all the drilling packets ?


I haven't done all the packets, but a lot of the question types i'm essentially 100% on so it wouldn't be worth it. I did 1's and 2's for Strengthen/Weaken, Flaw, and NA. Any suggestions for trying to find patterns in missed questions? I've looked through them, and nothing so far has jumped out at me.


What do u mean that u are essentially 100% on those Qs? Didn't u miss 6 combined on LR on the PT u took today?

LR constantly repeats itself. The same type of trap answers will show up again and again (such as premise boosters), the same type of flaws will show up again and again (causal, overvaluing a trait, etc). LSAC will use the same logic an correct answer choices for certain types of flaws (e.g. if it is a weaken Q, and the flaw is that the stimulus overvalues a trait, look for an answer choice that calls that trait into question/shows something else is at play).

Just one example: I know in the more recent tests a somewhat common strengthen answer choice is one that simply reinforces the premise of the argument (such as showing the premise holds in nearly identical circumstances. IMHO it's a pretty subtle strengthener and one that I initially had an issue w but I started recognizing it and now see it for what it is.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], blackmamba8, DumbHollywoodActor, galeatus, MSNbot Media, wildquest8200 and 6 guests