Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:03 pm

GreenTee wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
ghostofdreams wrote:guise, I am drinking coffee without sugar. :shock:

that's the only way to drink it, cup after cup after cup

yeah pretty much black is TCR here

Not trying to I AM stirRING up trouble, but it's incredibly insensitive to refer to your coffee that way.

ftfy
Last edited by BillPackets on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:03 pm

GreenTee wrote:Not trying to stir up trouble, but it's incredibly insensitive to refer to your coffee that way.

was that pun intentional?

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:03 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
boris09 wrote:Recently lost my led-pencils so i resorted to buying ticonderoga black's. Today marks the first day i've sharpened a pencil in over 8 years

speaking of pencils, for june I had shitty pencils from CVS because it was sunday night and I hadn't prepared well, my main issue is that I want to have really good erasers at the end of my pencils, are ticonderoga's the go-to pencil for that?

dude there's a pencil thread here somewhere that is just pages and pages and pages of pencil talk. I mean they beat that dead horse with a pencil

edit* here it is: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=206480
Last edited by ghostofdreams on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:04 pm

smccgrey wrote:
GreenTee wrote:Not trying to stir up trouble, but it's incredibly insensitive to refer to your coffee that way.

was that pun intentional?

:mrgreen: Yes.

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:05 pm

ghostofdreams wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
boris09 wrote:Recently lost my led-pencils so i resorted to buying ticonderoga black's. Today marks the first day i've sharpened a pencil in over 8 years

speaking of pencils, for june I had shitty pencils from CVS because it was sunday night and I hadn't prepared well, my main issue is that I want to have really good erasers at the end of my pencils, are ticonderoga's the go-to pencil for that?

dude there's a pencil thread here somewhere that is just pages and pages and pages of pencil talk. I mean they beat that dead horse with a pencil

I know, but who wants to read that? When you can instead, say, watch a video of a cat and frog

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:05 pm

ghostofdreams wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:

yeah its like 50 pages long ppl talking about pencils i mean i will say it is easy to go down the pencil rabbit hole ive been there esp if u r into mechanical pencils i mean youve got the pencil itself the led (brand plus gauge) then you have erasers i think the hi polymer erasers are pretty much objectively the best eraser in town these days

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:08 pm

ghostofdreams wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:

in the poll, it appears Black Ticonderogas have it by 45%. They apparently like their pencils that way bill likes his coffee

chimera

Postby chimera » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:10 pm

ghostofdreams wrote:
ghostofdreams wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:

in the poll, it appears Black Ticonderogas have it by 45%. They apparently like their pencils that way bill likes his coffee

I just got black tri-cons--very comfy, would recommend

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:10 pm

GreenTee wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
ghostofdreams wrote:guise, I am drinking coffee without sugar. :shock:

that's the only way to drink it, cup after cup after cup

yeah pretty much black is TCR here

Not trying to stir up trouble, but it's incredibly insensitive to refer to your coffee that way.

ghostofdreams

Postby ghostofdreams » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:15 pm

the next topic would be, what type of sharpener to bring in. Can we bring in sharpeners?

Hand

Postby Hand » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:17 pm

ghostofdreams wrote:Can we bring in sharpeners?

Affirmative

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:17 pm

ghostofdreams wrote:

the next topic would be, what type of sharpener to bring in. Can we bring in sharpeners?

also discussed I(that)T

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:18 pm

ghostofdreams wrote:in the poll, it appears Black Ticonderogas have it by 45%. They apparently like their pencils that way bill likes his coffee

this is just very funny. i used some staedtler brand pencil called rally that were pretty cool alternating blue n white

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Can we talk about how I just went like -5 for -8 on these level 4 Weaken questions? I mean, I didn't think I was THAT dumb. I did get only one wrong on the Strengthen L4...

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:41 pm

sfoglia wrote:Can we talk about how I just went like -5 for -8 on these level 4 Weaken questions? I mean, I didn't think I was THAT dumb. I did get only one wrong on the Strengthen L4...

any pattern? a particular flaw that you are missing out on?

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:57 pm

BillPackets wrote:
sfoglia wrote:Can we talk about how I just went like -5 for -8 on these level 4 Weaken questions? I mean, I didn't think I was THAT dumb. I did get only one wrong on the Strengthen L4...

I honestly don't understand how the answer choices are weakening any of these arguments. I mean, I read Manhattan forum and I get that they're "best choice," but they are so far from the argument cores and conclusions that I would never get these on an actual exam. For example, PT11-S4-Q21 about natural resources like flint not running out because we can replace them with new technology, in which the answer was that water and air can't be replaced with technology, and PT12-S4-Q11, in which the correct answer choice actually ends up strengthening the conclusion but does weaken the argument itself.

BJS

Postby BJS » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:58 pm

(Un)officially have a cold - been getting it all week and I woke up really congested. Not the worst timing if I can power through it and get healthy within a week or so. Tried to take a section drill this afternoon and I just couldn't concentrate at all. I won't be able to PT tomorrow (work and other responsibilities), but I really need to PT Sunday to stay fresh.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:05 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

I honestly don't understand how the answer choices are weakening any of these arguments. I mean, I read Manhattan forum and I get that they're "best choice," but they are so far from the argument cores and conclusions that I would never get these on an actual exam. For example, PT11-S4-Q21 about natural resources like flint not running out because we can replace them with new technology, in which the answer was that water and air can't be replaced with technology, and PT12-S4-Q11, in which the correct answer choice actually ends up strengthening the conclusion but does weaken the argument itself.

unfortunately i dont have my drilling packets in front of me or else i would try and say what i think about those Qs

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:10 pm

Well, after taking PT62 I've concluded that I'm an idiot and also I don't know what I just wrote bc I can't read.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:11 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Well, after taking PT62 I've concluded that I'm an idiot and also I don't know what I just wrote bc I can't read.

i luv this. im always amazed at how you will let yourself misread something/read something totally wrong when u know the lsat is literal to an annoying degree. by you there i mean me.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Hey guys I'm at a stoplight n my son is screamin his head off bc it's questionable if he remembers me from last weekend do u guys remember when u started loving your dad

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Hey guys I'm at a stoplight n my son is screamin his head off bc it's questionable if he remembers me from last weekend do u guys remember when u started loving your dad

schmelling

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:03 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Hey guys I'm at a stoplight n my son is screamin his head off bc it's questionable if he remembers me from last weekend do u guys remember when u started loving your dad

According to family legend, for the first few months of my life, I would barf every time my dad tried to hold me. After I had a few years under my belt and I realized that he didn't mean me any harm, I became his biggest fan. I think babies are just very sensitive to change. Private_funkadunk will warm up to you with a little time :)

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks for the support peeps

N lol@ that video

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”