The Official September 2014 Study Group

boris09

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby boris09 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Thanks for your opinions guys! I've noticed a similar pattern where i notice i've misread or something. I think the 'hey self cud u not b dumb' ideology definitely applies to me. Nevertheless, i do review my tests, i just got a little worried that i hadn't reviewed thoroughly the past two tests i took, and have spent time drilling questions instead. Anyways, i hope to get two tests done today! Hopefully this post, and those who remember it, will serve as guilt if i don't finish

Side note: this electric stimulation sounds intriguing. Freaky, yet intriguing...

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:23 pm

bound wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:Thanks guys. I'm gonna do a couple Mcgraw Hill tests just for more difficulty before returning to regular PT's 62-72 for the final 17-20 days

your avatar gives me epilepsy.

yours makes me want a cold shower

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:23 pm

boris09 wrote:Thanks for your opinions guys! I've noticed a similar pattern where i notice i've misread or something. I think the 'hey self cud u not b dumb' ideology definitely applies to me. Nevertheless, i do review my tests, i just got a little worried that i hadn't reviewed thoroughly the past two tests i took, and have spent time drilling questions instead. Anyways, i hope to get two tests done today! Hopefully this post, and those who remember it, will serve as guilt if i don't finish

Side note: this electric stimulation sounds intriguing. Freaky, yet intriguing...

I'll probably take a day soon to just go through all the tests I haven't reviewed. It's a bad habit, but I'll basically only look up explanations when I was confused about a question and got it wrong (like the cops/award principle application, for example)

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:24 pm

sfoglia wrote:This, though. After-effects from 4 to 90 minutes? That is a very wide range, there, and not long enough to keep through the entire LSAT. And I'm guessing you cannot wear this thing while you take the actual test.

right but the longer you do your little charge, the longer it lasts. so stimulate my brain en route to the lsat, then get a recharge during the break and ill b nbd'ing 2 the bank

P.J.Fry

Postby P.J.Fry » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:25 pm

diiggidy wrote:Is it just me of is PT 61 abnormally difficult? Granted I was really hungry in the middle of the exam, but my study partner and I both scored well below our averages. The only part that I found particularly challenging was RC, but it was REALLY hard. Is this representative of the more recent tests?

I hope not. Taking that one in the next hour or two. Did 60 yesterday and finished with my lowest score in my last 10 PTs. I heard 62 is a bitch too. Getting 3 awful scores in a row just might crush my soul. Will report back later today.

ETA - Great 300th post! Only took me 7 years.
Last edited by P.J.Fry on Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:28 pm

P.J.Fry wrote:I hope not. Taking that one in the next hour or two. Did 60 yesterday and finished with my lowest score in my last 10 PTs. I heard 62 is a bitch too. Getting 3 awful scores in a row just might crush my soul. Will report back later today.

I'm not going to lie to you guys, 62-64 felt much harder. Maybe it was me and I just wasn't in the best frame of mind for those PTs, but at least 65 was nice.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:29 pm

P.J.Fry wrote:
diiggidy wrote:Is it just me of is PT 61 abnormally difficult? Granted I was really hungry in the middle of the exam, but my study partner and I both scored well below our averages. The only part that I found particularly challenging was RC, but it was REALLY hard. Is this representative of the more recent tests?

I hope not. Taking that one in the next hour or two. Did 60 yesterday and finished with my lowest score in my last 10 PTs. I heard 62 is a bitch too. Getting 3 awful scores in a row just might crush my soul. Will report back later today.

What exactly is hard about these tests guys compared to others

P.J.Fry

Postby P.J.Fry » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:31 pm

smccgrey wrote:
P.J.Fry wrote:I hope not. Taking that one in the next hour or two. Did 60 yesterday and finished with my lowest score in my last 10 PTs. I heard 62 is a bitch too. Getting 3 awful scores in a row just might crush my soul. Will report back later today.

I'm not going to lie to you guys, 62-64 felt much harder. Maybe it was me and I just wasn't in the best frame of mind for those PTs, but at least 65 was nice.

I suppose in the end, all I really hope for is that people in the September 2018 Study Group talk about how nice 73 was.

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:34 pm

flash21 wrote:What exactly is hard about these tests guys compared to others

Harder than usual LG and RC I think? Got my lowest score since june when I took this one. I was sick too, but still. Ugh it made me hope our test has a -10 curve and easy-ish questions.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:36 pm

smccgrey wrote:

Harder than usual LG and RC I think? Got my lowest score since june when I took this one. I was sick too, but still. Ugh it made me hope our test has a -10 curve and easy-ish questions.

Man I am getting seriously freaked out for those later tests. I'm taking in December and just working my way through the 40's now (next PT will be 47). I kinda suck at RC and pretty spotty on games (I've gotten 14 correct on one section recently and gotten -0 on my most recent PT). Just going to continue to drill them I guess, nothing more I can do

P.J.Fry

Postby P.J.Fry » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:37 pm

flash21 wrote:
P.J.Fry wrote:

What exactly is hard about these tests guys compared to others

Well 60 was actually not bad, I just royally screwed up on a pretty easy games section. That alone was the difference between one of my worst recent scores and what could have been one of my best.

The RC's are definitely getting tougher. The passages aren't necessarily more technical or harder to read. The questions just seem to ask for more difficult inferences, or just have 2 or 3 very attractive answer choices that are both difficult to choose between and suck up a lot of time doing so.

LR has been about the same IMO. Mostly pretty straightforward if you have a grasp on question types and what makes a correct answer, with a few very tricky questions tossed into each section to separate the top scorers. One section usually harder than the other.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:41 pm

flash21 wrote:
smccgrey wrote:

Man I am getting seriously freaked out for those later tests. I'm taking in December and just working my way through the 40's now (next PT will be 47). I kinda suck at RC and pretty spotty on games (I've gotten 14 correct on one section recently and gotten -0 on my most recent PT). Just going to continue to drill them I guess, nothing more I can do

you get used to it dude. just cuz its harder to some, doesnt mean its harder to all.

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:45 pm

P.J.Fry wrote:I suppose in the end, all I really hope for is that people in the September 2018 Study Group talk about how nice 73 was.

This would be great

bound

Postby bound » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:52 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
bound wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:Thanks guys. I'm gonna do a couple Mcgraw Hill tests just for more difficulty before returning to regular PT's 62-72 for the final 17-20 days

your avatar gives me epilepsy.

yours makes me want a cold shower

hahaha

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:54 pm

and FWIW, that's the Maryland flag. *The epileptic capital of the world!*

chimera

Postby chimera » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Bill, the tDCS machine inside your one gallon lsat baggie may be suspect. Why not experiment with nootropic foods before taking an exam/during your break?

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:57 pm

I have another conference call in 5. I wish I could just whip out my LG book instead.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:57 pm

FML when ACs in RC come down to "explain why argument about XXX is incomplete" vs. "refute an argument about XXX."
I DO know how to read, but these moments make me question that.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:00 pm

chimera wrote:Bill, the tDCS machine inside your one gallon lsat baggie may be suspect. Why not experiment with nootropic foods before taking an exam/during your break?

idk y it would b suspect. is there a rule prohibiting things like a tdcs machine?

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:02 pm

smccgrey wrote:I have another conference call in 5. I wish I could just whip out my LG book instead.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/newsroom/img ... f0cc0e.gif

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:03 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
smccgrey wrote:I have another conference call in 5. I wish I could just whip out my LG book instead.

http://cdn.theatlantic.com/newsroom/img ... f0cc0e.gif

ALL OF THE ABOVE

TX_UH

Postby TX_UH » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:03 pm

Today, tDCS...Tomorrow, Inception...

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:19 pm

ok guys tDCS machine is copped got the brain stimulator so nbd but this is really an exciting time in the life of billpackets ill let u guys know how it all goes just ordered hopefully it will b in by saturday so i can pt with it if any1 would like 2 do sum research and let me kno the best spot to hook it onto my brain i would appreciate it -bill

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:24 pm

also im really up4anything with this little thing so if any1 has a special request as to something they would like me to do (e.g. put electrodes in these two places and see if it helps with learning grammar, etc.) just let me know who knows i might b willing to record this stuff and put it on youtube and post it here for every1 2 see

Gray

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:24 pm

BillPackets wrote:also im really up4anything with this little thing so if any1 has a special request as to something they would like me to do (e.g. put electrodes in these two places and see if it helps with learning grammar, etc.) just let me know who knows i might b willing to record this stuff and put it on youtube and post it here for every1 2 see

DYING.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”