The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:41 pm

bound wrote:
boris09 wrote:
smccgrey wrote:What time did you usually get up?? I hate early.

I'm definitely not an early riser (sleep-wise), waking up anywhere from 12-2 at the earliest. The later i can sleep, the happier i am when i wake up :D

I can't even fathom sleeping that much of my day away. Even on a day where I can sleep in, my body won't allow me to sleep past 8am. The latest I have slept in EVER is probably 10am.

Yeah I used to do the 2pm thing when I was still in school, but now I can't sleep past nine.

User avatar
boris09
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:48 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby boris09 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:52 pm

smccgrey wrote:
bound wrote:
boris09 wrote:
smccgrey wrote:What time did you usually get up?? I hate early.

I'm definitely not an early riser (sleep-wise), waking up anywhere from 12-2 at the earliest. The later i can sleep, the happier i am when i wake up :D

I can't even fathom sleeping that much of my day away. Even on a day where I can sleep in, my body won't allow me to sleep past 8am. The latest I have slept in EVER is probably 10am.

Yeah I used to do the 2pm thing when I was still in school, but now I can't sleep past nine.


Don't get me wrong, i love the perks of waking up early i'm just not acclimated yet. During the school year i would sleep at 11, and wake up at around 6:30-7, go to the gym and begin my day. I've just gotten stuck on this late schedule cause when i hang with my friends we tend to stay out late, which inevitably causes me to wake up later as well

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:00 pm

Sooo... I replaced my morning coffee with Synchro Genesis (1/4 c + 8oz almond milk), and I feel pretty good! I can best compare it to the stimulation you get from drinking strong black tea -- brightness and awareness without the shakes. It actually tastes pretty good, too (it includes chocolate whey protein), but the price is kind of ridic -- 14 servings for $22. I know that it's basically the same price as a cup of coffee in a shop these days, but it's annoying to spend almost $1.70 a serving and have to clean your own blender.

Focus/energy is comparable to being in sweet spot in caffeine stimulation, but perhaps my body will adjust with time. I JYPinged a few LGs and am feeling very optimistic. Ready to face the reality of LR...

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:02 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:05 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Sooo... I replaced my morning coffee with Synchro Genesis (1/4 c + 8oz almond milk), and I feel pretty good! I can best compare it to the stimulation you get from drinking strong black tea -- brightness and awareness without the shakes. It actually tastes pretty good, too (it includes chocolate whey protein), but the price is kind of ridic -- 14 servings for $22. I know that it's basically the same price as a cup of coffee in a shop these days, but it's annoying to spend almost $1.70 a serving and have to clean your own blender.

Focus/energy is comparable to being in sweet spot in caffeine stimulation, but perhaps my body will adjust with time. I JYPinged a few LGs and am feeling very optimistic. Ready to face the reality of LR...


so i mean its not a magic elixir idk if uve seen some of my posts ITT but im really looking for a magic elixir type thing to help me w a the 180 like a smart pill or shocking my brain w low amounts of electricity

would u say its comparable to either one of those things?

User avatar
rwe13
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby rwe13 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:06 pm

PT 62
RC -3
LR1 -0
LG -3
LR2 -4
Score: 173

Slightly disappointed in RC but not too bad.

Felt like the first LR was easy and that the second had some really tricky questions

Found the LG about stained glass to be tough, so I missed 2 there (from not answering) then I decided to act really dumb and misread a rule on the last game that disallowed me from answering a super easy question

Still, I'm happy my score stayed in my normal range, even if it is thanks to an easy LR section

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Sooo... I replaced my morning coffee with Synchro Genesis (1/4 c + 8oz almond milk), and I feel pretty good! I can best compare it to the stimulation you get from drinking strong black tea -- brightness and awareness without the shakes. It actually tastes pretty good, too (it includes chocolate whey protein), but the price is kind of ridic -- 14 servings for $22. I know that it's basically the same price as a cup of coffee in a shop these days, but it's annoying to spend almost $1.70 a serving and have to clean your own blender.

Focus/energy is comparable to being in sweet spot in caffeine stimulation, but perhaps my body will adjust with time. I JYPinged a few LGs and am feeling very optimistic. Ready to face the reality of LR...


so i mean its not a magic elixir idk if uve seen some of my posts ITT but im really looking for a magic elixir type thing to help me w a the 180 like a smart pill or shocking my brain w low amounts of electricity

would u say its comparable to either one of those things?


LOL.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:07 pm

schmelling wrote:Drilling parallel Q's just makes me cringe. I understand that the thing that makes you most miserable is usually the thing you need to practice most, but you know its bad when you're looking forward to drilling reading comp.

You are my spirit animal.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:10 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Sooo... I replaced my morning coffee with Synchro Genesis (1/4 c + 8oz almond milk), and I feel pretty good! I can best compare it to the stimulation you get from drinking strong black tea -- brightness and awareness without the shakes. It actually tastes pretty good, too (it includes chocolate whey protein), but the price is kind of ridic -- 14 servings for $22. I know that it's basically the same price as a cup of coffee in a shop these days, but it's annoying to spend almost $1.70 a serving and have to clean your own blender.

Focus/energy is comparable to being in sweet spot in caffeine stimulation, but perhaps my body will adjust with time. I JYPinged a few LGs and am feeling very optimistic. Ready to face the reality of LR...


so i mean its not a magic elixir idk if uve seen some of my posts ITT but im really looking for a magic elixir type thing to help me w a the 180 like a smart pill or shocking my brain w low amounts of electricity

would u say its comparable to either one of those things?


LOL.


idk i know every1 thinks im talking about my behind bout the TCDS machine but radiolab did a story about it and sounds very intriguing basically the only thing holding back TCDS at this point is a large field experiment bc all the studies conducted thus far have had small sample sizes but imagine using this type of thing on the LSAT and basically performing your best that youve ever performed on the lsat every time. how much would you be willing to pay just for the chance that something might do that for you?

omg whatever here is the freaking link just freaking click on it im done w this

http://youtu.be/Hp0G4aeaG9w
Last edited by BillPackets on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:11 pm

Delete the = and everything before it to embed DAT VID

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:12 pm

smccgrey wrote:Delete the = and everything before it to embed DAT VID


ok grey you see me f'ing around with this im like embed retard dummy

sry if that offended any1 totally off the cuff comment spur of the moment lets all forget about it if i run for office lets make sure that never gets out ok guys
Last edited by BillPackets on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:13 pm

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Delete the = and everything before it to embed DAT VID

ok grey you see me f'ing around with this im like embed retard

Yeah I thought I'd just go ahead and call you out on it.

User avatar
Toby Ziegler
Posts: 701
Joined: Thu May 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Toby Ziegler » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:14 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Delete the = and everything before it to embed DAT VID

ok grey you see me f'ing around with this im like embed retard

Yeah I thought I'd just go ahead and call you out on it.

Made me LOL.

diiggidy
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:32 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby diiggidy » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:15 pm

Is it just me of is PT 61 abnormally difficult? Granted I was really hungry in the middle of the exam, but my study partner and I both scored well below our averages. The only part that I found particularly challenging was RC, but it was REALLY hard. Is this representative of the more recent tests?

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:15 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:Delete the = and everything before it to embed DAT VID

ok grey you see me f'ing around with this im like embed retard

Yeah I thought I'd just go ahead and call you out on it.


yeah still failed even w instructions so idk u tell me if sum1 who cant embed a vid on tls is capable of scoring above the 50th percentile on the lsat

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:16 pm

[youtube]EVERYTHING AFTER THE = IN THE URL[/youtube]

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:17 pm

I'm only yelling because I'm on an extremely boring conference call and if I type aggressively it sounds like I'm taking notes.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:18 pm

smccgrey wrote:Delete the = and everything before it to embed DAT VID


smccgrey wrote:[youtube]EVERYTHING AFTER THE = IN THE URL[/youtube]


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hp0G4aeaG9w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

thats the embed link given to me by youtube there r like 7 = marks so idfk wut 2 do
Last edited by BillPackets on Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5992
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:18 pm

HERE YOU GO BILL. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M POSTING.

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:18 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:19 pm

[/quote]

just going to post wo giving you any cred for that

User avatar
schmelling
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 am

Post removed.

Postby schmelling » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:20 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:20 pm

schmelling wrote:I swear the embedding feature on this site is a prank. I tried once for a half hour to figure it out and still nothing.


thank u schmelling i swear i did what grey did and nothing happened just bill looking like a dummy but anyway guys thats the vid listen to it and then tell me you dont want to try it for purposes of lsat improvement

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:20 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Sooo... I replaced my morning coffee with Synchro Genesis (1/4 c + 8oz almond milk), and I feel pretty good! I can best compare it to the stimulation you get from drinking strong black tea -- brightness and awareness without the shakes. It actually tastes pretty good, too (it includes chocolate whey protein), but the price is kind of ridic -- 14 servings for $22. I know that it's basically the same price as a cup of coffee in a shop these days, but it's annoying to spend almost $1.70 a serving and have to clean your own blender.

Focus/energy is comparable to being in sweet spot in caffeine stimulation, but perhaps my body will adjust with time. I JYPinged a few LGs and am feeling very optimistic. Ready to face the reality of LR...


so i mean its not a magic elixir idk if uve seen some of my posts ITT but im really looking for a magic elixir type thing to help me w a the 180 like a smart pill or shocking my brain w low amounts of electricity

would u say its comparable to either one of those things?


I will let you know when I 180. Also after I hit up Radio Shack.

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:22 pm

BillPackets wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
so i mean its not a magic elixir idk if uve seen some of my posts ITT but im really looking for a magic elixir type thing to help me w a the 180 like a smart pill or shocking my brain w low amounts of electricity

would u say its comparable to either one of those things?


LOL.


idk i know every1 thinks im talking about my behind bout the TCDS machine but radiolab did a story about it and sounds very intriguing basically the only thing holding back TCDS at this point is a large field experiment bc all the studies conducted thus far have had small sample sizes but imagine using this type of thing on the LSAT and basically performing your best that youve ever performed on the lsat every time. how much would you be willing to pay just for the chance that something might do that for you?

omg whatever here is the freaking link just freaking click on it im done w this

http://youtu.be/Hp0G4aeaG9w


No, I believe you. I'm not even skeptical, it's just the idea is a little uncomfortable.

Do you listen to classical music at all? Do you meditate? Eat blueberries? Take fish oil? Have a lot of sex?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maddawg2020, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests