BillPackets

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm

scooped colonel.

also im embarrassed that i didnt realize the tjs abbreviation

hillz

Postby hillz » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:44 pm

Egg & cheese sammy that was pretty blech because I didn't add enough cheese.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:45 pm

BillPackets wrote:
GreenTee wrote:I just ate a muffin the size of my face.

muffins FTW!

i had 6 poached eggs in beef broth this morning for bfast.

what did every1 have for bfast?

3 eggs in bacon grease n 3 slice bacon n coffee

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:46 pm

BillPackets wrote:scooped colonel.

Fun fact: I applied for a job there in the not too distant past (#immigrantlifestyle). Despite the fact that I listed that my "unique skills" included the capacity to move heavy objects (yes, they want you to list those on the application), they rejected me on the spot.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:49 pm

hillz wrote:Egg & cheese sammy that was pretty blech because I didn't add enough cheese.

cheese is pretty much the fulcrum point of any good breakfast sandwich. its really necessary

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:51 pm

smccgrey wrote:MEDIUM ICED MOCHA.

Like every morning.

do u every switch it up maybe go w a simple latte, maybe an americano, maybe a pumpkin spiced latte if u r a feelin frisky?

i once tried to get them to throw in a scoop of whey into my latte, and they did, but they made no attempt to mix it up, so it was just a glob of whey at the bottom of my latte

flash21

Postby flash21 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 pm

Guys PLEASE respond. I know I am interrupting you're beyonce boners but please give your opinion.

I am currently reviewing SA questions . I go to 7sage it tells me SA are my worst - is it dumb of me to go to SA's in cambridge ? i've done them over multiple times. Should I stick to just reviewing the SA's I did wrong in my timed sections instead?

I'm having an internal debate on when switching from cambrdige to strcitly reviewing LR sections is the best thing to do.
Last edited by flash21 on Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hillz

Postby hillz » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:52 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hillz wrote:Egg & cheese sammy that was pretty blech because I didn't add enough cheese.

cheese is pretty much the fulcrum point of any good breakfast sandwich. its really necessary

So necessary. Never skimping again!

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
BillPackets wrote:scooped colonel.

Fun fact: I applied for a job there in the not too distant past (#immigrantlifestyle). Despite the fact that I listed that my "unique skills" included the capacity to move heavy objects (yes, they want you to list those on the application), they rejected me on the spot.

im just curious about this rejected on the spot---did u fill out an app at trader joe's, you took it to whoever you were supposed to give it to, they looked at it for a second, and then just looked up and were like "no" n then u walked away?

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:54 pm

Last edited by GreenTee on Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:55 pm

flash21 wrote:Guys PLEASE respond. I know I am interrupting you're beyonce boners but please give your opinion.

I am currently reviewing SA questions . I go to 7sage it tells me SA are my worst - is it dumb of me to go to SA's in cambridge ? i've done them over multiple times. Should I stick to just reviewing the SA's I did wrong in my timed sections instead?

1) flash this is totally enduring how u preface every post w "PLEASE RESPOND"

2) whats your process like for SA?

bound

Postby bound » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:56 pm

GreenTee wrote:
bound wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
bound wrote:Before I took December 13', I started waking up at 5:30am everyday for 3 weeks prior to the test. I walked, ate a nice breakfast, did a little prep, and headed over to the test feeling like a million bucks. Everyone else looked like they just rolled out of bed. I honestly attribute my performance last time to making those minor adjustments. Andddddd the fact that I somehow perform really well under pressure. BUT BESIDES THAT IT WAS THE WAKING UP EARLY

ive been thinking about getting up on saturdays and leaving at the time im going to leave for the test and driving around for awhile and going home and testing. i feel like getting up at the time i normally would (for the test) and then not simulating test morning is slightly misleading to my psyche. also my test center is like a half hour away so yeah that kinda sux

Yeah I would highly recommend that actually. Get up, eat, shower, go get a coffee...do whatever you're going to actually do on the morning of test day. Even if you're just going to PT in a starbucks or the library or something...it really does help. You don't want to be stressed the morning of the real thing. You want it to feel like just another PT.

Bound - it sounds like you performed really well in December '13. Why are you retaking?

because there is no LSAT score high enough to make up for my GPA. I'm fairly certain that the combo of GPA/applying late last cycle didn't do me any favors. I also didn't feel that I maxed out my potential last time.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:57 pm

BillPackets wrote:

Like every morning.

do u every switch it up maybe go w a simple latte, maybe an americano, maybe a pumpkin spiced latte if u r a feelin frisky?

i once tried to get them to throw in a scoop of whey into my latte, and they did, but they made no attempt to mix it up, so it was just a glob of whey at the bottom of my latte

No I literally have had the same thing every day for like 5 years. It's my crack.

I was taking an 8:30 am course one summer and would go to Second Cup (Canadian Starbucks) every day at 8:00 am, on my walk to class. One morning there was a tall, handsome stranger in front of me in line, and when he ordered his coffee, I was instantly and madly in love with him.

He was also addicted to coffee, and was there every morning around the same time. I developed an insane, irrational stranger crush on him. Every morning I'd get a little nervous, hoping he'd be there, sitting in his usual spot.

After my course was finished, I still went to Second Cup early in the morning, so that maybe he'd say hi.

Eventually he did, and now we're married.

FIN.

bound

Postby bound » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:59 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Like every morning.

No I literally have had the same thing every day for like 5 years. It's my crack.

I was taking an 8:30 am course one summer and would go to Second Cup (Canadian Starbucks) every day at 8:00 am, on my walk to class. One morning there was a tall, handsome stranger in front of me in line, and when he ordered his coffee, I was instantly and madly in love with him.

He was also addicted to coffee, and was there every morning around the same time. I developed an insane, irrational stranger crush on him. Every morning I'd get a little nervous, hoping he'd be there, sitting in his usual spot.

After my course was finished, I still went to Second Cup early in the morning, so that maybe he'd say hi.

FIN.

I'm crying . thats beautiful.

GreenTee

Postby GreenTee » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:59 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Like every morning.

FIN.

This is the most beautifully caffeinated love story in existence.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:00 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Like every morning.

FIN.

grey come on is that IRL or did u make that up for the purposes of this thread

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:00 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Like every morning.

FIN.

As the old saying has it, the couple that gets caffeinated together stays together

bound

Postby bound » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:01 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Like every morning.

FIN.

There's a guy on the 4th floor of my building who's insanely hot. Do you think if I stalk him like you did, I'll have a chance?? You know, just stand in front of his cubicle like...

--ImageRemoved--

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:01 pm

GreenTee wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Like every morning.

FIN.

This is the most beautifully caffeinated love story in existence.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:04 pm

bound wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Like every morning.

FIN.

There's a guy on the 4th floor of my building who's insanely hot. Do you think if I stalk him like you did, I'll have a chance?? You know, just stand in front of his cubicle like...

--ImageRemoved--

this is, like, stupid funny got me crackin up at my desk

Hand

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:05 pm

This topic is really delivering today. Dunno how I'm going to get any work done.

Gray

Postby Gray » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Yeah that is 100% real life. I even texted my best friend with "I just found my future husband" the moment I first saw him. I was joking, but apparently I was also right.

also, Bound, holy crap lollllll

bound

Postby bound » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:07 pm

smccgrey wrote:Yeah that is 100% real life. I even texted my best friend with "I just found my future husband" the moment I first saw him. I was joking, but apparently I was also right.

Lol that's seriously amazing! Maybe if I say the same thing about Leo Dicaprio, Luke Bryan, or James Franco I will determine my own fate too!

And yes, I love me a good cat meme.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:10 pm

smccgrey wrote:Yeah that is 100% real life. I even texted my best friend with "I just found my future husband" the moment I first saw him. I was joking, but apparently I was also right.

that is amazing. so what happened? did u approach him one day and u were like "hey i see you here everyday, whats up?" or did one of u drop something and u both bent over at the same time to pick it up (one helping the other), and you bumped heads-->married?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”