The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BillPackets

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:04 pm

Any1 ever used 1 of these?

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:07 pm

is that some kind of torture device

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:09 pm

Louis1127 wrote:is that some kind of torture device

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:10 pm

No it's the latest technology in DIY neurological cognitive betterment

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:18 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:21 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:No it's the latest technology in DIY neurological cognitive betterment
Use with aforementioned Soviet psychosis meds and report back plz.
http://www.radiolab.org/story/9-volt-nirvana/

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Also I would buy that right now except it's $90 and I just moved and don't get paid until the end of the month

schmelling

Silver

Post by schmelling » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:37 pm

Just took my like 3 hours to get through 70 flaw/method questions. Very unfocused at night lately. Glad I was at least able to keep my ass in the chair for the whole problem set.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:52 pm

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:No it's the latest technology in DIY neurological cognitive betterment
Use with aforementioned Soviet psychosis meds and report back plz.
http://www.radiolab.org/story/9-volt-nirvana/
I just split my phone charger open and touched my tongue to the electricity

Update: worked great

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Toby Ziegler

Silver

Post by Toby Ziegler » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:05 pm

Well the weekend was productive, but not as productive as I would have wanted. Between a family reunion and 1800 miles of driving with 2 kids under 3 each I still feel pretty good. Back to trying to shore up my dramatically neglected LG. I feel like I focused too much on LR and didn't leave enough time to perfect LG. Any tips besides drilling as nauseum (that's the plan for right now)?

I didn't go back and read the 25 pages that this thread jumped in my absence. What are the highlights?

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:09 pm

BillPackets wrote:Image

The only relevant highlight

Toby Ziegler

Silver

Post by Toby Ziegler » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:10 pm

BillPackets wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Image

The only relevant highlight
Seems legit. Does one attach that to their body? Count me in.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:12 pm

They both attach to your head and it makes you a genius

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Toby Ziegler wrote:
I didn't go back and read the 25 pages that this thread jumped in my absence. What are the highlights?
Beyoncé, a sorting cap, a fake letter from j. Crew, a lil LSAT, deciding what to wear to the LSAT and a drawing from grey regarding Yale or something of the sort

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:32 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:
Beyoncé, a sorting cap, a fake letter from j. Crew, a lil LSAT, deciding what to wear to the LSAT and a drawing from grey regarding Yale or something of the sort
Oh yeah the croquet that was bomb we should have a sept thread IRL meet up n play croquet

Toby Ziegler

Silver

Post by Toby Ziegler » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:35 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:
Oh yeah the croquet that was bomb we should have a sept thread IRL meet up n play croquet
I am down for the meet-up. Grey never ceases to inspire and amaze. I will be wearing a comfy pair of khakis (pronounced the same way I will pronounce "car keys" if I get into Harvard), shirt, and tie. As for Beyonce I don't know much, and must therefore suspend judgement.

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:54 pm

pt 61 tmrw b4 work.

I always have trouble falling asleep after weekends on Sunday nights, and since this was a long weekend, I will likely have trouble falling asleep tonight, and I must take the test early tmrw before class/work/real responsibilities, so tmrw will be good to see how I test on limited sleep.

Here's to a productive week everyone.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:00 am

sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
I love you
Louis1127 wrote: Do u want to go out on a date sometime?

Also, no one's hair looks good right out of bed, so no reason for that to make you sad :mrgreen:
Aww, you're both very nice.

Louis, if you score high enough on your LSAT, then we can date.
Is this like relative to where I am PTing before test day, or is there like a 170 cut off or something?

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:52 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ghostofdreams

New

Post by ghostofdreams » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:31 am

mornincounselor wrote:To the question re 7sage vs lsatqa I prefer 7sage. They classify the problems by difficulty and if you take a test then watch the video for a game you will see immediately under the video what choices you made on questions that game.

Or one could use one site for their initial scores and use the other for subsequent attempts or for blind review.
I checked out LSATqa again today. They classify difficulty but you're right, 7sage has the videos for LG right there. However, I think I might stick with LSATqa just because it seems to do the trick, and I ought to really just move on. Isn't it, though, time consuming to enter in all the answers?

ghostofdreams

New

Post by ghostofdreams » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:37 am

smccgrey wrote: The pot thing is definitely an unwarranted stereotype, but BC is unsurprisingly our version of Oregon. And Alberta is our Texas.
I listened to an interview with Graeme Blake about Canada and the LSAT, and he said the LSAT is not as important as it is in the States. GPA is more important. He also said that Canadians who take the LSAT can get in the best Canadian schools with a score in the 150s. Since you are, I"m assuming, focused on the LSAT, are you trying to get into an American law school?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

boris09

New

Post by boris09 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:34 am

Sorry for the slightly more on-topic post, but:

PT 57

LG: 22/23 (so i finally experienced the infamous muave dino game. If i hadn't made the quick decision to finish the last game before i began the dino game, i may not have had time to finish. Needed almost 15 minutes to do it, with one question being a plug and chug)
LR1: 19/26 (sigh lol)
LR2: 21/25 (not bad, i can deal)
RC: 21/27 (i suppose i can deal too)

165. (83/101)

Thoughts: quite happy with the logic games, as it seems to be fairly consistent now. For some reason i still haven't gotten a perfect LG score though! It's almost as if i have to get one easy question wrong. In terms of the RC, given that my average was -9 to -11 about three weeks ago, i'm really happy to be down to a -6. To be honest, i think i can get my target score as long as i don't do any worse than -7 in this section. Now, on to the LR. A few weeks ago i was at a point where i had never gotten under -5 for an LR section. However, as i've began doing full preptests, i've noticed myself doing better than i ever had before, averaging -2 to -4. This, of course, comes with a sacrifice. While I have been doing better than i ever have before on an individual-section basis, on the other LR section of the test i do much, much worse. I understand that the LSAT balances the test by making one section a bit tougher sometimes, but i really hope i can just fix this inconsistency issue, and get at least 2 or 3 right on the section i do worse in. With only 4 more points i could have gotten my goal score. Haven't had the chance to do intense studying for the past few days until today, but i'm really hoping that i can go into overdrive mode and get these last few points in crunch time

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:24 am

LSAT 60. Here goes nothing

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:29 am

boris09 wrote:Sorry for the slightly more on-topic post, but:

PT 57

LG: 22/23 (so i finally experienced the infamous muave dino game. If i hadn't made the quick decision to finish the last game before i began the dino game, i may not have had time to finish. Needed almost 15 minutes to do it, with one question being a plug and chug)
LR1: 19/26 (sigh lol)
LR2: 21/25 (not bad, i can deal)
RC: 21/27 (i suppose i can deal too)

165. (83/101)

Thoughts: quite happy with the logic games, as it seems to be fairly consistent now. For some reason i still haven't gotten a perfect LG score though! It's almost as if i have to get one easy question wrong. In terms of the RC, given that my average was -9 to -11 about three weeks ago, i'm really happy to be down to a -6. To be honest, i think i can get my target score as long as i don't do any worse than -7 in this section. Now, on to the LR. A few weeks ago i was at a point where i had never gotten under -5 for an LR section. However, as i've began doing full preptests, i've noticed myself doing better than i ever had before, averaging -2 to -4. This, of course, comes with a sacrifice. While I have been doing better than i ever have before on an individual-section basis, on the other LR section of the test i do much, much worse. I understand that the LSAT balances the test by making one section a bit tougher sometimes, but i really hope i can just fix this inconsistency issue, and get at least 2 or 3 right on the section i do worse in. With only 4 more points i could have gotten my goal score. Haven't had the chance to do intense studying for the past few days until today, but i'm really hoping that i can go into overdrive mode and get these last few points in crunch time

You can do it!

chimera

Bronze

Post by chimera » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 am

Gonna finish pt 60 today, review, then drill grouping and miscellaneous games till my eyes bleed.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”