The Official September 2014 Study Group

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Boris, I think I'm in love with you.

Seriously, that was a great post.
Last edited by GreenTee on Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:13 pm

longhorn65 wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
longhorn65 wrote:Hello TLS'ers I'm growing more and more concerned for this upcoming lsat! IDK whats wrong but Im only scoring like a 145-150 but it's primarily because Im so DAMN slow. Im only getting to like #18 on every section but games and on games im only answering like 12. My accuracy is pretty decent but my speed is HORRENDOUS! Any tips? am I completely screwed for september? thanks in advance


how long have you been studying? what's tripping you up, as in, what, exactly, is taking you so long to read?


Ive been studying about two months but the first month and a half was spent doing untimed work and learning each and every type of question. Honestly I think what is tripping me up is the fear of missing a question because of reading to fast. now on games im just slow. I have no clue why there im just tremendously slow. the others though I just read to thoroughly!

EDIT***Question not game!


Finish 10 questions in 10 minutes. Timing is something that just sort of comes with experience and repitition, however if youre aiming to get into UT law by September I'd defer. You're probalby gonna need it to be a 165 or more for it to be a viable financial option. The chances of you increasing 15+ in 4 weeks might as well be 0, regardless of your game score.

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:24 pm

Boris for Prime Minister :) That was a great dose of perspective. It's so easy to get myopic with these standardized tests. Even missing one dumb question is enough to make me fling myself off my chair (and back into bed) these days.

User avatar
Louis1127
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Louis1127 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:27 pm

Just reviewed the Noguchi passage from PT 59. Took me about 45 minutes. Wow those questions were super, super tricky. No wonder the curve was -14 with a games section that wasn't hard at all.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:34 pm

BORIS that was awesome!

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:51 pm

BOOORRRIISSSSSSSSS4PRESOFSEPTSTUDYGROUPTHREAD

I have my gameday outfit picked out already. My old bob marley stoner shirt, birkenstocks....glasses. My contacts get dry from reading for too long. I feel like the bob shirt will help me feel 100% ridiculous, thereby helping take some pressure off.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:54 pm

BillPackets wrote:BOOORRRIISSSSSSSSS4PRESOFSEPTSTUDYGROUPTHREAD

I have my gameday outfit picked out already. My old bob marley stoner shirt, birkenstocks....glasses. My contacts get dry from reading for too long. I feel like the bob shirt will help me feel 100% ridiculous, thereby helping take some pressure off.


I'm planning to take the opposite approach and show up in business casual so I feel on point and professional AF. Also, ladies dress pants are reallllllly comfortable.

GreenTee
Posts: 1364
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby GreenTee » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:58 pm

.
Last edited by GreenTee on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:01 pm

GreenTee wrote:Just decided to wear ladies' dress pants and a Bob Marley t-shirt.

:lol:
I just lolled at my desk. It must have sounded weird because my coworker immediately said "what's wrong!?"

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:02 pm

GreenTee wrote:Just decided to wear ladies' dress pants and a Bob Marley t-shirt.


omg L O L O L O L

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:04 pm

There is a lot of gold on TLS but this thread is my favourite.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:10 pm

smccgrey wrote:There is a lot of gold on TLS but this thread is my favourite.


did u do that on purpose

User avatar
longhorn65
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:34 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby longhorn65 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:11 pm

Billpackets, thanks for the positive out look ha hopefully Im able to pull off the score I want within the next month!

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:12 pm

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:There is a lot of gold on TLS but this thread is my favourite.


did u do that on purpose

spell that the way its supposed to be spelled as per my current location?

BJS
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BJS » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:12 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:BOOORRRIISSSSSSSSS4PRESOFSEPTSTUDYGROUPTHREAD

I have my gameday outfit picked out already. My old bob marley stoner shirt, birkenstocks....glasses. My contacts get dry from reading for too long. I feel like the bob shirt will help me feel 100% ridiculous, thereby helping take some pressure off.


I'm planning to take the opposite approach and show up in business casual so I feel on point and professional AF. Also, ladies dress pants are reallllllly comfortable.


I'm the same way. Probably chinos and either a slim tee/v-neck or button-down. Depending on the weather, I'll go with chukkas or boat shoes. I don't perform well unless I feel well, and I feel well when I dress well. I never understood that in college, but now I hate wearing anything slack.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby flash21 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:17 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:There is a lot of gold on TLS but this thread is my favourite.


did u do that on purpose

spell that the way its supposed to be spelled as per my current location?


Guelph checking in . Canada is strong in this thread.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:19 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:There is a lot of gold on TLS but this thread is my favourite.


did u do that on purpose

spell that the way its supposed to be spelled as per my current location?


i honestly did not know that canadians added in the U. i thought it was egregious british trolling.

im gonna have to tell my mom that i learned something today

User avatar
nmjensen
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:10 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby nmjensen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:34 pm

BJS wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:BOOORRRIISSSSSSSSS4PRESOFSEPTSTUDYGROUPTHREAD

I have my gameday outfit picked out already. My old bob marley stoner shirt, birkenstocks....glasses. My contacts get dry from reading for too long. I feel like the bob shirt will help me feel 100% ridiculous, thereby helping take some pressure off.


I'm planning to take the opposite approach and show up in business casual so I feel on point and professional AF. Also, ladies dress pants are reallllllly comfortable.


I'm the same way. Probably chinos and either a slim tee/v-neck or button-down. Depending on the weather, I'll go with chukkas or boat shoes. I don't perform well unless I feel well, and I feel well when I dress well. I never understood that in college, but now I hate wearing anything slack.


In June I wore black leggings, a black tank top, a black jacket, and grey sneakers. I would probably have worn eye black if it wouldn't have distracted me and/or rubbed off on my hands and smeared on the answer sheet. I was going for a warrior look. I wanted to intimidate that test not the other way around.

However, as I'm retaking, I don't know if dressing as a ninja/badass is helpful. It was comfortable, though. I'll probably do it again.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:38 pm

ok whats everyone else wearing? spill the beans ya'll

edit:
nmjensen wrote:However, as I'm retaking, I don't know if dressing as a ninja/badass is helpful. It was comfortable, though. I'll probably do it again.


luv the ninja motif

User avatar
longhorn65
Posts: 145
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:34 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby longhorn65 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:43 pm

Any clue when early admission deadlines are for most law schools is or around? (if that's even possible to answer)

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:46 pm

nmjensen wrote:
In June I wore black leggings, a black tank top, a black jacket, and grey sneakers. I would probably have worn eye black if it wouldn't have distracted me and/or rubbed off on my hands and smeared on the answer sheet. I was going for a warrior look. I wanted to intimidate that test not the other way around.

However, as I'm retaking, I don't know if dressing as a ninja/badass is helpful. It was comfortable, though. I'll probably do it again.


That's basically my look from day to day. Plus, I'm tall and Asian, so I have some extra ninjaness going on there. I might step it up on game day and wear pants with an actual waistband, though. And heels.

User avatar
nmjensen
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:10 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby nmjensen » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:49 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
nmjensen wrote:
In June I wore black leggings, a black tank top, a black jacket, and grey sneakers. I would probably have worn eye black if it wouldn't have distracted me and/or rubbed off on my hands and smeared on the answer sheet. I was going for a warrior look. I wanted to intimidate that test not the other way around.

However, as I'm retaking, I don't know if dressing as a ninja/badass is helpful. It was comfortable, though. I'll probably do it again.


That's basically my look from day to day. Plus, I'm tall and Asian, so I have some extra ninjaness going on there. I might step it up on game day and wear pants with an actual waistband, though. And heels.


I had the mindset I could stop drop and roll out of that room at a moment's notice if needed... I don't think I could do heels. It would be more like stop trip and splat.

User avatar
BillPackets
Posts: 2159
Joined: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby BillPackets » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:50 pm

heels to the lsat would definitely make a statement

User avatar
Gray
Posts: 5994
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:02 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Gray » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:52 pm

BillPackets wrote:im gonna have to tell my mom that i learned something today

HAHAHA dying

BillPackets wrote:heels to the lsat would definitely make a statement

Included in my business casual outfit.

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:56 pm

nmjensen wrote:
I had the mindset I could stop drop and roll out of that room at a moment's notice if needed... I don't think I could do heels. It would be more like stop trip and splat.


Awww! Haha. Yeah, if I go down, I'm taking down a lot of people with me. But if I'm going to be a lawyer, I'll have to learn how to be okay with that :)




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot], rat333 and 4 guests