The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:23 pm

sfoglia

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by sfoglia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:25 pm

Dirigo wrote:
smccgrey wrote:sfogs <3
x2
I bet Cary retook for Harvard. No shame.
I just can't justify it. I can't see how I could possibly do any better on those PTs than I was, and I will get myself fired if I try to study for this thing again, because anyone who works full-time knows it's impossible to do both well.

I am going to crawl under my comforter and maybe not come out until May.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:26 pm

smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Yeah, it's pretty bad. Not even a contender for T14.

I honestly am just in disbelief. I don't understand how I could have scored so low. I haven't scored this low SINCE JULY.
I feel you sfogs, mine was the same as my lowest timed PT score.
I'm sorry, Grey. I know that's significantly less than your average. :(

I don't understand how this happened. I thought it was such a straightforward test. Is all that "most people score within five points of their average" stuff just complete bullshit?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:31 pm

regulartime

Bronze

Post by regulartime » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:32 pm

Hit my PT average of 167. Way worse on LR than normal and way better on LG. A weird test, for sure.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:33 pm

smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote: I don't understand how this happened. I thought it was such a straightforward test. Is all that "most people score within five points of their average" stuff just complete bullshit?
I don't know! Me too... I know we both felt like we rocked it. Working full time and studying for this thing is exhausting, and I don't think I could do it again.
Yeah. I literally did nothing but LSAT from July to September, and I just cannot do it again.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:35 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Dirigo wrote:
x2
I bet Cary retook for Harvard. No shame.
I just can't justify it. I can't see how I could possibly do any better on those PTs than I was, and I will get myself fired if I try to study for this thing again, because anyone who works full-time knows it's impossible to do both well.

I am going to crawl under my comforter and maybe not come out until May.
there could be a million things that went wrong without seeming so... If you were PTing so high obviously you get the test for the most part. I wouldn't say you should automatically assume you need to put in another 40hrs a week of LSAT in order to bump your score up to where it should be... it could be as simple as getting more and more comfortable taking the test at all sorts of mental states/testing conditions... your a smart gal, maybe you can't do better than those PT's... MAYBE. But don't take that as meaning you can't do better with a retake, even with limited time allotted to the LSAT. Just gotta shake it off. Hanukah Matata, you can do it sfog
(and yeah I haven't taken it or even come close to your PT's but that doesn't make ^ untrue)

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 pm

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 pm

Jgoods wrote: there could be a million things that went wrong without seeming so... If you were PTing so high obviously you get the test for the most part. I wouldn't say you should automatically assume you need to put in another 40hrs a week of LSAT in order to bump your score up to where it should be... it could be as simple as getting more and more comfortable taking the test at all sorts of mental states/testing conditions... your a smart gal, maybe you can't do better than those PT's... MAYBE. But don't take that as meaning you can't do better with a retake, even with limited time allotted to the LSAT. Just gotta shake it off. Hanukah Matata, you can do it sfog
(and yeah I haven't taken it or even come close to your PT's but that doesn't make ^ untrue)
Thanks, Jgoods. That's really sweet of you to write.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:37 pm

sfogs =(.

Must be really rough to be in your shoes rn

Grey since you're scoring where us mortals are as well maybe I'll see you in law school and cheat off your HW
Last edited by PeanutsNJam on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:38 pm

smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote: Yeah. I literally did nothing but LSAT from July to September, and I just cannot do it again.
If I could quit my job to study, I'd be all over that retake train.
There's just no way. I'd get myself fired.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:40 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:sfogs =(.

I'm pretty crushed. I know some people would be grateful for my score, but, I just didn't see this coming at all and I feel like an idiot for getting my hopes up. (Because thinking you'll test close to your PT mode is, apparently, some major hope.)

Carla36

New

Post by Carla36 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:42 pm

169, PT avg at 171. Hopefully my decent 3.87 gpa will help NYU or Columbia to see past my sub-170 score. Honestly thought this was one of the more easier LSATs I have taken, so not too happy about the result.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 pm

To anyone who is thinking about retaking in December:

I took in June and got in the 160s. I was really worried about retaking so soon in September because I knew I wasn't going to have any time to study until the first week of Aug. due to work. I thought there was no way I could do well that quickly. But I read NoodleyOne's guide and got to work, building off of the base that I already had. I bought the drills and worked during the spare time I had.

I got a 174 in Sept, so I think it's proof that you can do well in a short period of time, even if you think it's not enough. As long as you're willing to put in the time to drill and PT, you can do it. Lots of people do poorly their first time around...there's a lot of pressure and it's easy to psych yourself out. You can do it.
Last edited by hillz on Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:45 pm

hillz wrote:To anyone who is thinking about retaking in December:

I took in June and got a 166. I was really worried about retaking so soon in September because I knew I wasn't going to have any time to study until the first week of Aug. due to work. I thought there was no way I could do well that quickly. But I read NoodleyOne's guide and got to work, building off of the base that I already had. I bought the drills and worked during the spare time I had.

I got a 174 in Sept, so I think it's proof that you can do well in a short period of time, even if you think it's not enough. As long as you're willing to put in the time to drill and PT, you can do it. Lots of people do poorly their first time around...there's a lot of pressure and it's easy to psych yourself out. You can do it.
Congrats, Hillz! I hope you are toasting yourself right now!!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:47 pm

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:48 pm

sfoglia wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:sfogs =(.

I'm pretty crushed. I know some people would be grateful for my score, but, I just didn't see this coming at all and I feel like an idiot for getting my hopes up. (Because thinking you'll test close to your PT mode is, apparently, some major hope.)
I feel you sfogs ;'[
It's such a tough spot, but it will work out. I know you can get the score you want, it just comes down to what you want to do. The whole process is overwhelming, but I feel like it won't be as horrible the second time around.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:48 pm

I took in June and got a 166. I was really worried about retaking so soon in September because I knew I wasn't going to have any time to study until the first week of Aug. due to work. I thought there was no way I could do well that quickly. But I read NoodleyOne's guide and got to work, building off of the base that I already had. I bought the drills and worked during the spare time I had.

Congratulations!! Inspiring stuff

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:49 pm

:mrgreen:
Last edited by Rigo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:51 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Congrats, Hillz! I hope you are toasting yourself right now!!
smccgrey wrote: Hillz you are awesome!!
Thanks, y'all. You are two smart smart ladies and whether you decide to retake or not, you'll do exceedingly well.

I've been in your shoes, Sfogs. It's hard not to feel really disappointed when you know you could have done better. Chalk it up to bad luck, to a stupid testing room, and to nerves. You'll make it to CCN.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:55 pm

thanks for this :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

notrub14

New

Post by notrub14 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:57 pm

When I was lurking around here right after the test it seemed that a lot of people thought that RC was easier than the average test. I went -4 on RC which is unusually bad for me based on my PTs. Now that ya'll have your scores what does everybody think? Did I just shit the bed or was it hard?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:59 pm

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:00 pm

notrub14 wrote:When I was lurking around here right after the test it seemed that a lot of people thought that RC was easier than the average test. I went -4 on RC which is unusually bad for me based on my PTs. Now that ya'll have your scores what does everybody think? Did I just shit the bed or was it hard?
I thought it was hard but IDK. I had been drilling RC but still went -3.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”