The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
manillabay

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by manillabay » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:00 pm

Wake up in the morning feeling like P-diddy; do 2 logic games before I get out of bed, and then I'm up and at em' looking for some RC passages to shred. Before I get in the shower I'm thinking OH WAIT, are there some FLAW questions I need to berate? TICK TOCK ON THE CLOCK DOING SOME LG'S, DON:T STOP LOOK AT ME IM SO HOT DOING RC'S. OH YEA I KNOW THEY:RE LOOKING AT ME SHAVING WHILE DOING SOME MBT'S.

mrhaart

New

Post by mrhaart » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:35 am

I'm almost done with the Trainer (reading the second set of RC lessons) and currently delving into the Cambridge LG packets and doing a couple of games with review a day. Once I am done with the Trainer in a couple of weeks, it's full-on drilling by question type with Cambridge (LR & LG) with the occasional RC section and review every other day or so. I'll also likely re-read some of the Trainer chapters that pertain to certain Question types that I need to brush up on (seeing as most of the summaries are only one page, this shouldn't be too hard to do)

Anyone else feeling a bit of early burn-out? Time's running out and we only have a few more months, so I'm trying everything in my power to stay engaged.

PatObrien1523

New

Post by PatObrien1523 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:50 am

Hi everyone,

I am joining the party a little late, but I think I'll still have enough time to prepare. I plan on doing my first diagnostic tomorrow, before really starting into everything. What all materials do you all suggest I should invest in to try and get as close to 180 as I possibly can with about 5 months to study. Btw I am currently a junior and should have a lot of study time this summer. Thanks

tofuspeedstar

Platinum

Post by tofuspeedstar » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Will see you guys here. Retaking a 167. goal is 180.

Straw_Mandible

Bronze

Post by Straw_Mandible » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:20 pm

Hey guys!

Potentially checking in. Registered for June, making a push for June, but may end up postponing to September.

Question: Does anybody know when registration will open up for the September administration?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anne784

New

Post by Anne784 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:56 pm

Hey guys! A little late, but checking in. September will be my first try.
I have started reading the LSAT Trainer, it is fantastic!

I also have:
Logic Games Bible
10 Preptests 52-61
10 Preptests 7-18
10 Preptests 19-28
Official LSAT Superprep

Are these materials fine? Thinking of taking Blueprint's online course during my summer break as well. Would taking their course be worth it or should I just stick to self-study?

isoto_

New

Post by isoto_ » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:01 pm

Do any Atlanta people want to create a weekly/biweekly study group? I think some friendly competition might push me to the next level (current score 163). Message me if you're interested.

jdom

New

Post by jdom » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:17 am

Straw_Mandible wrote:
Question: Does anybody know when registration will open up for the September administration?
"Late May"

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/test-dates-deadlines

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:44 am

I posted this in the June thread, but I'll say it again here...

I'm considering taking in September instead of June (which was my original plan). I've been studying, but progressing slower than expected. Do you think there is any reason I should double down and push for June or should I stay on my methodical track and aim for September?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bad_wolf

New

Post by bad_wolf » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:59 pm

. :mrgreen:
Last edited by bad_wolf on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

jadore530

New

Post by jadore530 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:30 pm

Hello everyone!

I am aiming for September to be my first try. I took my first diagnostic and still have a long way to go! But, just opened the Logic Games Bible for the first time today and with a full time job, I'm hoping it'll still be possible.
Everyone I have talked to says for LG section, it is all about practice. Should I go through the whole LG Bible chapters and do the drills and read through the chapters? I guess I'm not sure how to or where to start. I read through Pithypike's study guide but for someone like me who is really starting fresh, it can be a bit confusing.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:46 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PatObrien1523

New

Post by PatObrien1523 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:52 am

So I started my first diagnostic today under test conditions and burned out pretty quickly. I did surprisingly pretty well on the Analytical Reasoning section- I only missed 4 on the section, and 3 of them were due to time.

Then I took one Logical Reasoning test and time was a big issue. I got about 2/3rds of them correct.
At this point I could tell I was pretty tired so I just jumped to the Reading Comp section.

I finished about 3 out of the 4 paragraphs and got most of those questions correct.
Overall I'll say it went okay. I am pretty happy with how easy the 1st section went, but the other 2 were kinda scary to say the least. I guess I should be happy though for having no experience at all before today. But it is safe to say, the time goes very fast :shock:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:17 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:24 am

Post removed.

emilsinclair9

New

Post by emilsinclair9 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Checking in. I'm currently working full-time, but it's been killing me in terms of studying. I'm taking a LOA (Leave of Absence) from work to purely study until September. Honestly, I'm not even sure if that will be enough time. I'll have May - September (5 months, full-time studying). I'm basically trying to become a super-splitter, with a 3.0 GPA from Berkeley.

What do you guys recommend is best for drilling? I'm in the process of figuring out which Cambridge packets to get, but there are so many options and combinations of options that I don't know what's best! Thanks for any help, guys.

I also have:

LSAT Trainer
LG Bible
LR Bible
PT 71 (don't worry, I won't use this until the very end)
LSAT Superprep

xisnotx

New

Post by xisnotx » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:33 pm

This will be the first one! Not even nervous (ha..yeah.. :roll:) I can't even sleep...
I won't even apply if I don't get 170. 170 or bust.
All sections are kind of easy though...except "analytical reasoning...".
WTF is this, really? It's better than it was...like a week ago, I'd get like maybe..out of 25, like 11? Now...maybe....15? It's impossible.
I still have 4/5 months...so I need to concentrate. EVERY DAY I STUDY.
I'm going to start dreaming in GHJKLOs...I'm telling you.
I have awesome softs, and a mediocre gpa....(less than mediocre...); so idk...170 is the least I can get away with. I need to split, and split hard. (It's funny, in undergrad...I would get bad grades and laugh like "ah well, I'll just ace the lsat...(I'm historically an awesome awesome standardized test taker, like 95% in most...) But this is the big leagues...wtf was I thinking??PUT IN WORK.

The first thing is, it's hard to even get the answers in the"section of doom"...
And the second thing is...it's hard to get answers quickly!
Time is of the essence!

So far...my plan of attack is this.
1)Set up game board. (And sub game boards...)
2)Rewrite rules.
3)Infer from rules as much as possible.
4)Questions.

The types of games I've come across are...groupings, sequences (singular, double and wrapped) and binaries.

And the binaries are kicking my behind! WTF is this, really?
When it's if-then, and there's only two options...I was close to crying. :(

I just want to go to Howard Law. If I make it in there, I'm good. I don't care about the rest...please, make it happen world! Though technically, I'm open for the bottom of t-14...even with my gpa. (Seriously, I doubt there'll be more than 100 people this cycle who'll beat my softs...you'd have to be a refugee or someone who grew up in an orphanage or something...)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Foxtrot2013

New

Post by Foxtrot2013 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:05 pm

manillabay wrote:Wake up in the morning feeling like P-diddy; do 2 logic games before I get out of bed, and then I'm up and at em' looking for some RC passages to shred. Before I get in the shower I'm thinking OH WAIT, are there some FLAW questions I need to berate? TICK TOCK ON THE CLOCK DOING SOME LG'S, DON:T STOP LOOK AT ME IM SO HOT DOING RC'S. OH YEA I KNOW THEY:RE LOOKING AT ME SHAVING WHILE DOING SOME MBT'S.
This is the kind of poetry I can get behind!

Also a Sept 2014 test taker. Checking in.
I just saved a bunch of money on Prep-tests by switching to pre-ordering the Prep-tests (62-71) bundle!

You guys aware of the release? It's released in 4 days! Here is a link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/098604 ... UTF8&psc=1

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:18 am

Foxtrot2013 wrote:
manillabay wrote:Wake up in the morning feeling like P-diddy; do 2 logic games before I get out of bed, and then I'm up and at em' looking for some RC passages to shred. Before I get in the shower I'm thinking OH WAIT, are there some FLAW questions I need to berate? TICK TOCK ON THE CLOCK DOING SOME LG'S, DON:T STOP LOOK AT ME IM SO HOT DOING RC'S. OH YEA I KNOW THEY:RE LOOKING AT ME SHAVING WHILE DOING SOME MBT'S.
This is the kind of poetry I can get behind!

Also a Sept 2014 test taker. Checking in.
I just saved a bunch of money on Prep-tests by switching to pre-ordering the Prep-tests (62-71) bundle!

You guys aware of the release? It's released in 4 days! Here is a link http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/098604 ... UTF8&psc=1
I just pre-ordered this beast. I actually just received the LSAT Trainer in the mail earlier today so it's time to grind.

urbanecologie

New

Post by urbanecologie » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:26 pm

I finally bit the bullet and bought the Trainer. It should arrive in the next couple of days. I plan on spending my summer completing the Trainer's 12 week plan and supplementing with 10 New Actuals. That would leave me with only three weeks or so for PTs.

That said, I don't know if I will be fully prepared for the September test, especially if I want to get through the LG Bible too. Decisions, decisions. I may have to postpone. The crawl to 170 is a long one.

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Post by gnomgnomuch » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Officially giving up hope that ill be ready for June.... that's 165 bucks that im not getting back.

Anyway, lets kick some ass =D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:28 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:30 pm

urbanecologie wrote:I finally bit the bullet and bought the Trainer. It should arrive in the next couple of days. I plan on spending my summer completing the Trainer's 12 week plan and supplementing with 10 New Actuals. That would leave me with only three weeks or so for PTs.

That said, I don't know if I will be fully prepared for the September test, especially if I want to get through the LG Bible too. Decisions, decisions. I may have to postpone. The crawl to 170 is a long one.
TBH, IMO, the schedules are a little too easy. I am doing the 16 week plus 18 preptests and even that seems too easy. The chapters seem relatively short, and doing a couple hours every day would make most of the required work done by Thursday.

urbanecologie

New

Post by urbanecologie » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:09 am

MTH2 wrote:
urbanecologie wrote:I finally bit the bullet and bought the Trainer. It should arrive in the next couple of days. I plan on spending my summer completing the Trainer's 12 week plan and supplementing with 10 New Actuals. That would leave me with only three weeks or so for PTs.

TBH, IMO, the schedules are a little too easy. I am doing the 16 week plus 18 preptests and even that seems too easy. The chapters seem relatively short, and doing a couple hours every day would make most of the required work done by Thursday.
Really? Maybe I can make it after all.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:02 am

urbanecologie wrote:
MTH2 wrote:

Really? Maybe I can make it after all.
FWIW, I sat for the Decemeber administration already and have prepped for multiple months, so now I'm just getting back to basics and getting on cruise control. However, for someone whom takes the test seriously, I confidently believe that the scheduling is allowing too much extra time.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”