The Official September 2014 Study Group

ilikebaseball

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:23 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:do you absolutely need a pic? like, i have my license my school id my debit card my tls account. is it necessary?

if you want to take the lsat, I'd put a picture on that thing, yeah.

no, i meant new pic. Could i scan my license on there

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:24 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:do you absolutely need a pic? like, i have my license my school id my debit card my tls account. is it necessary?

if you want to take the lsat, I'd put a picture on that thing, yeah.

no, i meant new pic. Could i scan my license on there

ohhhh I see. granted, this was on TLS, but I read stories about people just cutting their pic from their license and taping that to their ticket. so I'd guess that should be ok.

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:26 pm

hereisonehand wrote:While I would otherwise, I'm having a knee problem, making going for long runs not the best idea right now. I plan to go on a 25-30 mile bike ride instead (marvin braude bike trail <3). It hasn't rained in months so I don't expect it to be raining tomorrow. Note: this also only a locally valid inference.

Biking the Strand aka being Californian. That should be fantastically relaxing! In the middle of the ride, you should throw in for no apparent reason a game of shirtless beach volleyball with some colleagues while wearing aviators and light denim jeans.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:26 pm

im gonna be on here for the next few hours gaiz sry for my incessant bitching but could someone please diagram #21 S3 PT72 that'd be awesome. Been lookin at it forever and cant get it its prolly obvious and im gonna feel dumb after

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:29 pm

alloverthat wrote:Edit: also jel, my pic is gross and rained on. Like my soul

ilikebaseball wrote:how does grey check out dude at the bar?

"I browse"

I love you guys.

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:29 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:While I would otherwise, I'm having a knee problem, making going for long runs not the best idea right now. I plan to go on a 25-30 mile bike ride instead (marvin braude bike trail <3). It hasn't rained in months so I don't expect it to be raining tomorrow. Note: this also only a locally valid inference.

Biking the Strand aka being Californian. That should be fantastically relaxing! In the middle of the ride, you should throw in for no apparent reason a game of shirtless beach volleyball with some colleagues while wearing aviators and light denim jeans.

SO TRUE except my colleagues will all be in hell tomorrow during the day

I'll just do a couple hundred pushups in my stonewashed jeans when I reach the Manhattan beach pier & turn back

BJS

Postby BJS » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 pm

What is everyone doing tomorrow for studying? I'm going to do one timed LR section, one timed LG section, and one timed RC section and then read, relax, and go outside. Hopefully asleep by 9pm.

@ilikebaseball - LSAC says not the same pic as your government ID. Are you using your passport as your ID? Also, just take a selfie and print it out at CVS for 30 cents.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:30 pm

hereisonehand wrote:ohhhh I see. granted, this was on TLS, but I read stories about people just cutting their pic from their license and taping that to their ticket. so I'd guess that should be ok.

So LSAC says
The Ticket wrote:Photograph Requirements
You MUST have a recent, clear passport-type photograph attached to the box to the left or you will NOT be admitted to the test. Print (inall caps) your name, test date, LSAC account number, and test center code on the back of the photograph, then glue or tape the photograph to the ticket–donot use staples. The photograph must have been taken with in the last six months and must only show your face and shoulder. The photograph must be clear enough so that there is no doubt about your identity. Your face in the photograph must show you as you look on the day of the test and must be a different photograph of you than on your government-issued ID.Your photograph should not be larger than 2x2 inches or 5x5 cm and no smaller than 1x1 inch or3x3 cm. It must fit within the box to the left

so if you are using your driver's license as your gov ID, then no, you can't scan it.

and also
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Omg Grey, you're better looking than your tar! Your brows & cheekbones are to die for. Hee hee, cheekbones are such a girl-thing to compliment :)

<3 <3 <3

bound

Postby bound » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:34 pm

Yes.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:34 pm

What. the fuck. was that. RC?

-6!

This is one of the worst RCs I've ever gotten, certainly the worst in the past two months. -6! -6!!!!

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:34 pm

bunch of fucking brainiacs remembers to read the actual requirements & stuff

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:39 pm

sfoglia wrote:What. the fuck. was that. RC?

-6!

This is one of the worst RCs I've ever gotten, certainly the worst in the past two months. -6! -6!!!!

I will trade my LG for your RC. Seriously, if -6 is the worst you've done lately, you're set fogs. I really do envy you. Chin up, champ

blacklungz

Postby blacklungz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:39 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:im gonna be on here for the next few hours gaiz sry for my incessant bitching but could someone please diagram #21 S3 PT72 that'd be awesome. Been lookin at it forever and cant get it its prolly obvious and im gonna feel dumb after

Conclusion:
There is little social significance in contemporary novels.

Premises:
Enter Internal World of the Novelist -> Experience from the Moral Perspective of the Novel's Characters
But in contemporary novels, we don't experience that world from the moral perspective of the novel's characters.

Answer choice E:
Social Significance -> Enter Internal World of the Novelist -> Experience from the Moral Perspective of the Novel's Characters

The contrapositive of this helps justify the argument. If you don't experience the world from the moral perspective of the novel's characters, then it isn't socially significant.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:41 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Grey brow game on it

She's so pretty! Grey you are so pretty!!

blacklungz

Postby blacklungz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:42 pm

Haven't posted much here, but if you can afford to, refrain from taking PT 72. It was a weird test for me. Definitely not a great confident booster going into Saturday.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:47 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:

-6!

I will trade my LG for your RC. Seriously, if -6 is the worst you've done lately, you're set fogs. I really do envy you. Chin up, champ

I don't know, am I? What if Saturday's RC is just as difficult as this one? Or LG is more difficult? My LG saved my score, but this is the first time I've gone -0 on LG ever, so I can't depend on that happening on D-day. If we traded we'd probably still be scoring the same.

The best part is that last night, to my friend who has taken the LSAT, I was all, "Well, I'm feeling really tired so I guess I'll just do some RC in bed LOLOL so easy LOL," and I did well, timed. This happened to me last time I practiced RC, too! I was doing really awesome on the drills, took a PT and pllllllllttt. Not so great.

Insert that thing I said the other day about working harder and getting dumber.

How was 72's RC? Back to normal?

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:50 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:im gonna be on here for the next few hours gaiz sry for my incessant bitching but could someone please diagram #21 S3 PT72 that'd be awesome. Been lookin at it forever and cant get it its prolly obvious and im gonna feel dumb after

Argument:

1. For readers to be able to enter the world of a novelist’s mind, they must be able to experience that world from the moral perspective of the novel’s characters.
2. In contemporary novels, some characters commit atrocities against others that are spectacles which serve only to make readers wonder what will happen next, rather than events whose purpose is to be seen as the injustices they are.
3. Therefore, there is little of social significance in contemporary novels.

The question is what would help the proponent of the argument draw the desired conclusion.

(A) has no bearing on the issue

(B) While true, this has no bearing on the matter: the argument is not concerned with whether readers can empathize with the victims of injustice in contemporary novels

(C) This has the right logical form (n that it specifies a necessary condition for social significance), but the argument’s premises don’t establish that contemporary novels fail to engage the moral sensibilities of their audience

(D) Specifies a sufficient condition for social significance (if …, then it will be socially significant), but in order to conclude that contemporary novels have no social significance, the argument needs to establish that they fail to meet a necessary condition

(E) Specifies a condition that is both necessary and sufficient for social significance (‘only to the extent that…’, meaning that their social significance consists in, and derives from, their enabling a reader to enter the novelist’s mind), and, when coupled with (1) and (2), allows you to infer (3)
Last edited by Hand on Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:51 pm

so scooped deleted

blacklungz

Postby blacklungz » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:57 pm

sfoglia wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:

-6!

I don't know, am I? What if Saturday's RC is just as difficult as this one? Or LG is more difficult? My LG saved my score, but this is the first time I've gone -0 on LG ever, so I can't depend on that happening on D-day. If we traded we'd probably still be scoring the same.

The best part is that last night, to my friend who has taken the LSAT, I was all, "Well, I'm feeling really tired so I guess I'll just do some RC in bed LOLOL so easy LOL," and I did well, timed. This happened to me last time I practiced RC, too! I was doing really awesome on the drills, took a PT and pllllllllttt. Not so great.

Insert that thing I said the other day about working harder and getting dumber.

How was 72's RC? Back to normal?

I found this one to be a little easier than other recent ones.

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:57 pm

Just had such a great gym session. Feeling reinvigorated.

Time to destroy some "rare" games and RC

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:00 pm

is tomorrow really 26 September 2014

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:01 pm

blacklungz wrote:
sfoglia wrote:How was 72's RC? Back to normal?

I found this one to be a little easier than other recent ones.

Thanks!

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:03 pm

BillPackets wrote:is tomorrow really 26 September 2014

NO.

accessislife

Postby accessislife » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:03 pm

just drilled PT 27 LG section um o_O WHAT

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm disappointed that LSAT Ticket PWing did not instantly become a thing.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”