The Official September 2014 Study Group

Tyr

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Tyr » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:11 pm

I did PT 71 this morning.

Section 1, LR: -1 (Yay!)
Section 2, LG: -1 (Okay, I can live with that!)
Section 3, LR: -8 (Wait, what?!?!)
Section 4, RC: -9 (My ass hurts)

The mirrors passage wasn't even a problem, it was passage 2 and 3 for some reason.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:19 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Google knows what the ladies like

The sekksssss. Such a beautiful man.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:20 pm

bound wrote:Well ya'll....I went to urgent care this morning because I woke up feeling like shit. Andddd guess who has strep throat!? :(

God, Why do you hate me?

OMG Bound. I am soooooo sorry!!! What did they give you?

vracovino

Postby vracovino » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:32 pm

Tyr wrote:I did PT 71 this morning.

The mirrors passage wasn't even a problem, it was passage 2 and 3 for some reason.

-8 in LR :( is that a super outlier for you? I've had the same thing happen where I go -1 on one section, -4 or -5 on the other. It's a buzzkill for sure- but I mean they do it on purpose.

Tyr

Postby Tyr » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:33 pm

bound wrote:Well ya'll....I went to urgent care this morning because I woke up feeling like shit. Andddd guess who has strep throat!? :(

God, Why do you hate me?

I wouldn't stress too much. I presume they gave you meds and by Saturday you should feel well enough to kill the LSAT. The last time I had strep I kicked it pretty quickly.

AOT

Postby AOT » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:35 pm

JUST discovered I have preptests A B and C. That's three whole new logic games sections to work on. Kinda great, but really tonight? Scared this is going to bruise my confidence..

Tyr

Postby Tyr » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:35 pm

vracovino wrote:
Tyr wrote:I did PT 71 this morning.

-8 in LR :( is that a super outlier for you? I've had the same thing happen where I go -1 on one section, -4 or -5 on the other. It's a buzzkill for sure- but I mean they do it on purpose.

It is an outlier. Recently, I've been going anywhere from -1 to -4. I think I got distracted because I felt really good after the games section and started thinking (oooh, I just wonder how good I'm going to do here?!) and there were a couple people outside the window talking about how to clear out a hornets' nest. I did it to myself. RC on the other hand I've been very erratic.

AOT

Postby AOT » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:38 pm

God, Why do you hate me?

Hope you feel better asap. You've got two sleeps to recover, that often does the trick!

Tyr

Postby Tyr » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Holy crap! I just got a "good luck on the LSAT" e-mail from Cooley. I am so ready now!

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:44 pm

grrrrrrr I kinda screwed up the last two LGs of PT 69 somehow. I immediately went back to do them again and I have no idea how I made 4 mistakes?? like was I just not reading any part of the question? who knows. I was hoping for -1 on LG at worst but apparently that's not a thing anymore.

Kinda want to take another PT tomorrow just to boost confidence but I'm probably just going to relentlessly drill LG between now and Sat morning instead.

Feeling underprepared and pessimistic.

ErgoSum

Postby ErgoSum » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:51 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Kinda want to take another PT tomorrow just to boost confidence but I'm probably just going to relentlessly drill LG between now and Sat morning instead.

Don't sweat it. Do games and just get yourself feeling good! Positivity is half the battle. The other half comes from 1/4 Drilling and 1/4 Lurking

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:52 pm

smccgrey wrote:grrrrrrr I kinda screwed up the last two LGs of PT 69 somehow. I immediately went back to do them again and I have no idea how I made 4 mistakes?? like was I just not reading any part of the question? who knows. I was hoping for -1 on LG at worst but apparently that's not a thing anymore.

We're going to get through this, Grey. ALL THE LG. Every single section we can manage to do between today and tomorrow.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:56 pm

sfoglia wrote:We're going to get through this, Grey. ALL THE LG. Every single section we can manage to do between today and tomorrow.

K but first i have to go buy printer ink because I need to print out a PASSPORT SIZED PHOTO OF MY FACE. And my LSAT ticket. And some more LG.

I might actually do a 4 section PT tomorrow to make myself feel good. Problem is the only one left is 72 so that's unlikely to be a positive experience.

I'd like to second the wish that they have prepared a test for us that is both unusually easy and has a -16 170.

dasani13

Postby dasani13 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:56 pm

alloverthat wrote:JUST discovered I have preptests A B and C. That's three whole new logic games sections to work on. Kinda great, but really tonight? Scared this is going to bruise my confidence..

Definitely just skip those games and spend your time resting. If you really want to do more studying, go over games you have done and reviewed before.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:03 pm

smccgrey wrote:grrrrrrr I kinda screwed up the last two LGs of PT 69 somehow. I immediately went back to do them again and I have no idea how I made 4 mistakes?? like was I just not reading any part of the question? who knows. I was hoping for -1 on LG at worst but apparently that's not a thing anymore.

Omg lg 69. Last night made some dumb mistakes on last game. Oh kev is the only one who's suppose to be on his case? Lol why don't I just put someone else in there w him n run the hypothetical. Lol @ rules

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:04 pm

dasani13 wrote:
alloverthat wrote:JUST discovered I have preptests A B and C. That's three whole new logic games sections to work on. Kinda great, but really tonight? Scared this is going to bruise my confidence..

Definitely just skip those games and spend your time resting. If you really want to do more studying, go over games you have done and reviewed before.

I would do the games from Prep Test C, just for a taste of the weirdness of #4.

God, Why do you hate me?

I am sooooo sorry!!!! :( :( :( :( :( Feel better soon!!

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:04 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

Omg lg 69. Last night made some dumb mistakes on last game. Oh kev is the only one who's suppose to be on his case? Lol why don't I just put someone else in there w him n run the hypothetical. Lol @ rules

RIGHT. GODDAMNIT, BRAIN:

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:07 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

My brain forgot what "either" meant on that game. Lol @ words.
Also, Kevin is the name of one of my most evil exes and lolol I kept trying to assign him to HELL.

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:13 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Also, Kevin is the name of one of my most evil exes and lolol I kept trying to assign him to HELL.

I hate when the names are distracting:
    Kanye (Kayne)
    Spivey
    Your own name
    Your evil ex's name (we all have one)
    Something absolutely impossible to pronounce

hetookmetoamovie

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:19 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Also, Kevin is the name of one of my most evil exes and lolol I kept trying to assign him to HELL.

Kanye (Kayne)
    Spivey
    Your own name

Do you remember the game where you're trying to figure out the order of meetings with foreign dignitaries? There was one character named Matsuba, and I just kept seeing "Masturbator" every time I read his name (because I'm a 13 year old boy inside). It was very distracting.

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:24 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
smccgrey wrote:

Kanye (Kayne)
    Spivey
    Your own name

Do you remember the game where you're trying to figure out the order of meetings with foreign dignitaries? There was one character named Matsuba, and I just kept seeing "Masturbator" every time I read his name (because I'm a 13 year old boy inside). It was very distracting.

Movie that made me laugh out loud

Gray

Postby Gray » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:32 pm

That was also the kanye game.

what a disaster.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:41 pm

Maybe you guys can help me. Literally 80% of all my wrong answers on RC I narrowed it down to 2 and guessed wrong... Is this just an anomaly? I put little dots next to ones I like, so I can tell which answers I was considering when I'm reviewing. Is there something I'm missing or should I just pray it gets better

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:45 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:Maybe you guys can help me. Literally 80% of all my wrong answers on RC I narrowed it down to 2 and guessed wrong... Is this just an anomaly? I put little dots next to ones I like, so I can tell which answers I was considering when I'm reviewing. Is there something I'm missing or should I just pray it gets better

work harder get better be smarter just fucking do it man

jk I dunno

Hand

Postby Hand » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:47 pm

anxiety insomnia seems to be setting in, slept 5 hrs last night, thank god I have tomorrow off so I can sleep in and make some good hours. this better not persist tho it's the only thing that can fuck it up now. fuck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”