The Official September 2014 Study Group

Tyr

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Tyr » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:28 pm

Also a reminder for everyone (because it is easy to let certain things slip so close to the big day), make sure you are taking care of your health. I'm making sure I take time to workout every day. I'm also taking Vita Jym, Shred Jym (which happens to be crazy good before a test, it's like steroids for your focus, but that's more of just a side bonus, I'm taking it as part of my workout plan), and Pro Jym.

Taking care of your health will ensure that endurance and stamina are non-factors on test day.

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:28 pm

ErgoSum wrote:Taking PT71 tomorrow morning.... Who's with me?!

ME!

superpatton

Postby superpatton » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:29 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
superpatton wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:Taking PT71 tomorrow morning.... Who's with me?!

I finished PT71 this morning, officially done with practice tests 8) . Good luck though, knock it out of the park!

dont let RC discourage you. it blows cack and bowlz

Yea I would have to say it was one of my least favorite sections I've encountered. Somehow managed only -2 on the section and 172 overall, so I'm content with that headed into Saturday.

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:30 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:Hey guys I've been doing a lot better on my drills on old and new LR and RC! I'm just worried about the recent trend of crazy LGs. How are you guys prepping for those?

you cant really. just be up to date with the games from about 55 on. If they throw a game at us we haven't seen, there's no way to prepare yourself really. Get through the games you DO know as fast as you can, I guess, so in case it happens you have time.

But I'm interested, how are you drilling RC?

Nothing fancy just 35 minute sections, review and then find out why the wrong answers are wrong. I'm trying to go -3 or less on RC and LR to give myself some buffer room for LG. I'm hoping -2 -2 -3 -2

I've also done 30 minute sections because I think it makes me better prepared for test day. The last time I took the LSAT, my 30 minute PT score was the same as my actual score (That reasoning is full of LR flaws I know lol)

Colonel_funkadunk

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:00 pm

unodostres wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
unodostres wrote:Hey guys

Uno my main mN

hey dude how are you

Been drillin sections of ot 69

Good tho kinda nervous, takin last pt tmrw

You?

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:02 pm

NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:Hey guys I've been doing a lot better on my drills on old and new LR and RC! I'm just worried about the recent trend of crazy LGs. How are you guys prepping for those?

Is there a trend 70 n 71 seem pretty normal

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:09 pm

BillPackets wrote:

By "trend" I mean that the last two LSATs (feb was non disclosed) had different games. I've taken PT 72 and the last logic game threw me for a huge loop.

So in my stressed LSAT crazed mind, I'm worried that a new LG that I'm not prepared for could mess up my score.

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:10 pm

NotASpecialSnowflake wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

By "trend" I mean that the last two LSATs (feb was non disclosed) had different games. I've taken PT 72 and the last logic game threw me for a huge loop.

So in my stressed LSAT crazed mind, I'm worried that a new LG that I'm not prepared for could mess up my score.

Like I said before, you can't prepare for it. Just have good habits, know the language that indicates what type of game it is, and do the easier ones fast to compensate for a crazy game, just in case.

MadwomanintheAttic

Postby MadwomanintheAttic » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:13 pm

My biggest fear is getting an LG that I don't know how to react to. In preparation for that, I've been reviewing the LG sections from PT 1-72. I've done them all at some point in my prep, but it's been a while. I'm just gonna take a loot at the setup again. Obviously, they could still through us a curve ball, but I take comfort in knowing I've seen everything they've previously tried.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14 pm

BillPackets wrote:

Yeah just gotta b flexible idk I wouldn't stress bout a weird game cuz if you've been preppin then u kno how 2 do those mf'ers

Tyr

Postby Tyr » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:17 pm

BillPackets wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Yeah just gotta b flexible idk I wouldn't stress bout a weird game cuz if you've been preppin then u kno how 2 do those mf'ers

Agreed, even the strange outliers boil down to the same fundamentals as every other logic game.

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:20 pm

Yeah what dude above said I will say I was so frickin fricked out by what every1 said bout the last game on 72 that I TfEd it up then when I went back I was like k this is pretty simple really I mean games give u rules and u follow them

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:21 pm

I feel like that can b added to our expert advice

ADVICE OF THE SEPT THREAD

1) circle right answers
2) follow rules on lg n circle right answer

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:23 pm

Not a SPSF sup w u u been poastin ITT a lot more lately r u a retaker

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:31 pm

Bill I think this is actually the preferable formulation of your nugget of wisdom

BillPackets wrote:games give u rules and u follow them

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:32 pm

hereisonehand wrote:Bill I think this is actually the preferable formulation of your nugget of wisdom

I'm really proud of that 1 it pretty much fulfills all the rules of writing n shit it's succinct to the point concise very understandable

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:34 pm

BillPackets wrote:Not a SPSF sup w u u been poastin ITT a lot more lately r u a retaker

A two time retaker. I'm taking the LSAT again for scholly $. I'm a reverse splitter and I know that even a few points would really help my chances.

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:36 pm

funny enough, it is the rules that dictate where you should go. so if you're stumped, i find it better to just look at the rules and play off of that. the game that comes to mind is the book club game. i think it was 68... literally nothing given. had to use rules to figure out deductions. etc

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:37 pm

BillPackets wrote:Not a SPSF sup w u u been poastin ITT a lot more lately r u a retaker

A two time retaker. I'm taking the LSAT again for scholly $. I'm a reverse splitter and I know that even a few points would really help my chances.

What's your target score

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:40 pm

BillPackets wrote:Not a SPSF.

Also that confused even me after I saw it again so props on knowing wtf I meant

Hand

Postby Hand » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:40 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:Bill I think this is actually the preferable formulation of your nugget of wisdom

I'm really proud of that 1 it pretty much fulfills all the rules of writing n shit it's succinct to the point concise very understandable

It's a piece of art man

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:46 pm

hereisonehand wrote:It's a piece of art man

TYTY

bound

Postby bound » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:48 pm

BillPackets

Postby BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:51 pm

bound wrote:Image

sfoglia

Postby sfoglia » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:51 pm

I know this has been discussed ad naseaum, but, can someone remind me again if there was consensus that games similar to 4 in PT72 had appeared before? LSATBlog identifies 20:3 and 23:4 as two examples of pattern games. For those who have done 72 and one of the previous, are these alike?

Really trying to avoid freaking myself the fuck out with 72, and I have almost all PTs from A-71, already, anyway.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”