The Official September 2014 Study Group

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:01 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:I really hope we can just move past that one time a long time ago when I referred to hetookmetoamovie as a male. Wasn't that funny? I hardly remember it happening.

MILAJUDGEMENT.GIF


This was good. This was very, very good.


Finally gettin some gif acceptance over here, it's magical

Your gifs took you from Gold to Platinum status, Colonel. You're welcome to start boarding now.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:02 am

BillPackets wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:I really hope we can just move past that one time a long time ago when I referred to hetookmetoamovie as a male. Wasn't that funny? I hardly remember it happening.

Image

1-8-0


nobody puts movie in a corner

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3700
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:03 am

Ok here's my sitcom pitch for "180":

The top ~6 most frequent posters in the last 200 pages are the "main cast", so I'm guessing it's like grey, colonel, bill, hand, movie, sfogs. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't care. The rest of us are guest stars/occasionally recurring cast members.

Everyone this time lives within physical distance of each other, unlike this forum.

Grey is played by Rachel McAdams.
Colonel is played by Seth Rogan.
Bill is played by Jessie Eisenberg.
Hand is played by Vince Vaughn.
Sfogs is played by Emma Stone.
and Movie is played by Betty White.
Last edited by PeanutsNJam on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:03 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Nowhere near the 81359135 I've spent on this earth as a dude, mind.


This is clearly how you've evolved so flawlessly into your solid poasting


& probably what made your heart turn to deep black darkness

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:04 am

Louis1127 wrote:Well everyone, it seems to be that time.

I took my last PT before test day: PT 71 Dec 2013. Got a 165.

This is my third 165, and it is also my highest. I think I may be hitting a final wall.

Now it is just about performing on test day, and retaking if need be.

I'll review this PT Tues Wed and Thurs, and do nothing on Fri. Then on Saturday we go to war.

How's everyone else feeling?

You sound like you're in a good place, Louis! The nerves come and go, but I think I'll shake 'em out by Saturday. I'm trying to remember that unlike many other things in life, the LSAT can always be done over :) (though fingers crossed I won't have to)

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:04 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:Ok here's my sitcom pitch for "180":

The top ~6 most frequent posters in the last 200 pages are the "main cast", so I'm guessing it's like grey, colonel, bill, hand, movie, sfogs. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't care. The rest of us are guest stars/occasionally recurring cast members.

Everyone this time lives within physical distance of each other, unlike this forum.

Grey is played by Rachel McAdams.
Colonel is played by Seth Rogan.
Bill is played by Jessie Eisenberg.
Hand is played by Vince Vaughn.
Sfogs is played by Emma Stone.
and Movie is played by Betty White.


knowing what I look like, I can sorta see that

Image

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:05 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:Ok here's my sitcom pitch for "180":

The top ~6 most frequent posters in the last 200 pages are the "main cast", so I'm guessing it's like grey, colonel, bill, hand, movie, sfogs. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't care. The rest of us are guest stars/occasionally recurring cast members.

Everyone this time lives within physical distance of each other, unlike this forum.

Grey is played by Rachel McAdams.
Colonel is played by Seth Rogan.
Bill is played by Jessie Eisenberg.
Hand is played by Vince Vaughn.
Sfogs is played by Emma Stone.
and Movie is played by Betty White.

yes to this
obviously i'd be the baddest bitch of them all

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:09 am

sfoglia wrote:
Although the absurd dancing zebra whatever-thing did make me laugh. So silly.


I knew there were some closet zebra lovers

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:10 am

hereisonehand wrote:nobody puts movie in a corner

swayze memories accessed. movie now happy.

User avatar
Hand
Posts: 3524
Joined: Thu May 08, 2014 11:33 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Hand » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:10 am

Louis1127 wrote:Well everyone, it seems to be that time.

I took my last PT before test day: PT 71 Dec 2013. Got a 165.

This is my third 165, and it is also my highest. I think I may be hitting a final wall.

Now it is just about performing on test day, and retaking if need be.

I'll review this PT Tues Wed and Thurs, and do nothing on Fri. Then on Saturday we go to war.

How's everyone else feeling?


Best of luck Louis, you've been on the study threads for a good long while, I hope it works out for you this Saturday.

I took 71 on Sunday as the final full prep and sure hope it's the last PT I'll ever take.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:11 am

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Ok here's my sitcom pitch for "180":

The top ~6 most frequent posters in the last 200 pages are the "main cast", so I'm guessing it's like grey, colonel, bill, hand, movie, sfogs. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't care. The rest of us are guest stars/occasionally recurring cast members.

Everyone this time lives within physical distance of each other, unlike this forum.

Grey is played by Rachel McAdams.
Colonel is played by Seth Rogan.
Bill is played by Jessie Eisenberg.
Hand is played by Vince Vaughn.
Sfogs is played by Emma Stone.
and Movie is played by Betty White.

yes to this
obviously i'd be the baddest bitch of them all



Omg movie being Betty white is making me lose my shit over here

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:12 am

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:MILAJUDGEMENT.GIF


This was good. This was very, very good.


Finally gettin some gif acceptance over here, it's magical

Your gifs took you from Gold to Platinum status, Colonel. You're welcome to start boarding now.



TYSM ILY <3

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:12 am

And finally pnj can we get the first episode synopsis

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:15 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Ok here's my sitcom pitch for "180":

The top ~6 most frequent posters in the last 200 pages are the "main cast", so I'm guessing it's like grey, colonel, bill, hand, movie, sfogs. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't care. The rest of us are guest stars/occasionally recurring cast members.

Everyone this time lives within physical distance of each other, unlike this forum.

Grey is played by Rachel McAdams.
Colonel is played by Seth Rogan.
Bill is played by Jessie Eisenberg.
Hand is played by Vince Vaughn.
Sfogs is played by Emma Stone.
and Movie is played by Betty White.

yes to this
obviously i'd be the baddest bitch of them all



Omg movie being Betty white is making me lose my shit over here


work this into the storyline PnJ
Image

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:22 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:Ok here's my sitcom pitch for "180":

The top ~6 most frequent posters in the last 200 pages are the "main cast", so I'm guessing it's like grey, colonel, bill, hand, movie, sfogs. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't care. The rest of us are guest stars/occasionally recurring cast members.

Everyone this time lives within physical distance of each other, unlike this forum.

Grey is played by Rachel McAdams.
Colonel is played by Seth Rogan.
Bill is played by Jessie Eisenberg.
Hand is played by Vince Vaughn.
Sfogs is played by Emma Stone.
and Movie is played by Betty White.


I feel like this casting is pretty on point. Proceed.

No, seriously, I'd love for us to come up with some plot line here.

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:23 am

hetookmetoamovie wrote:yes to this
obviously i'd be the baddest bitch of them all


I was watching the Proposal for a few last night. God, I love her. She is so hilarious!

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3700
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby PeanutsNJam » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:47 am

Episode structure:

Every episode, at the same time, all members take a PT. A counter tracking their current median/average is displayed at the beginning of the episode.

Pilot:

- Everybody meets.
- Everybody takes their cold diagnostic.

Setting:

- Chicago, alternating between each individual's residence and a cafe in a public library where each person goes to take their PTs.

Synopsis:

Grey is the first arrival, buys a coffee, black, no sugar.

Colonel enters and buys some cool-aid. He notes a powerscore LG bible on Grey's table, and wanders over, asking if she is studying for the LSAT.

~~conversation~~

The two leave to go take their PTs.

--3 hour skip--

Grey (170) returns to the cafe and slumps into a couch. Colonel (126) arrives shortly after and asks Grey how she did. Grey, ever the professional, doesn't bat an eye when Colonel expresses his diagnostic score. She calmly offers study advice, and Colonel suggests they start a post PT-study/review group. Grey is incredibly hesitant.

The pair notice a girl across the cafe wearing uggs, weeping into her non-fat double-shot espresso soy latte with whipped cream. Grey goes over to ask what's wrong, and a barely audible "146" is muttered by Sfogs. Colonel suggests study group, Sfogs agrees.

Movie (160) overhears the conversation and chimes in: "Study groups are for pussies."

She none the less concedes to join the study session just for fun.

The 4 move to a study room.

Inside are Bill (162) and Hand (161). The pair are studying together for their LSAT prep as well.

~~random bullshit conversation, no studying happens~~

As everyone leaves, Movie says her boyfriend is coming to pick her up. It's Terry Crews. Sfogs and Grey have shocked and very impressed looks on their faces as they mutter "180".

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:04 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:Episode structure:

Every episode, at the same time, all members take a PT. A counter tracking their current median/average is displayed at the beginning of the episode.

Pilot:

- Everybody meets.
- Everybody takes their cold diagnostic.

Setting:

- Chicago, alternating between each individual's residence and a cafe in a public library where each person goes to take their PTs.

Synopsis:

Grey is the first arrival, buys a coffee, black, no sugar.

Colonel enters and buys some cool-aid. He notes a powerscore LG bible on Grey's table, and wanders over, asking if she is studying for the LSAT.

~~conversation~~

The two leave to go take their PTs.

--3 hour skip--

Grey (170) returns to the cafe and slumps into a couch. Colonel (126) arrives shortly after and asks Grey how she did. Grey, ever the professional, doesn't bat an eye when Colonel expresses his diagnostic score. She calmly offers study advice, and Colonel suggests they start a post PT-study/review group. Grey is incredibly hesitant.

The pair notice a girl across the cafe wearing uggs, weeping into her non-fat double-shot espresso soy latte with whipped cream. Grey goes over to ask what's wrong, and a barely audible "146" is muttered by Sfogs. Colonel suggests study group, Sfogs agrees.

Movie (160) overhears the conversation and chimes in: "Study groups are for pussies."

She none the less concedes to join the study session just for fun.

The 4 move to a study room.

Inside are Bill (162) and Hand (161). The pair are studying together for their LSAT prep as well.

~~random bullshit conversation, no studying happens~~

As everyone leaves, Movie says her boyfriend is coming to pick her up. It's Terry Crews. Sfogs and Grey have shocked and very impressed looks on their faces as they mutter "180".


OMG this is hilarious. Probably my most rewarding 126 to date.

Eta:

Image
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby rebexness » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:04 am

Last edited by rebexness on Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Colonel_funkadunk
Posts: 2794
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:08 am

rebexness wrote:I want to be a celebrity cameo tyia.


Pnj work on this for the first season

User avatar
sfoglia
Posts: 1758
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:30 pm

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby sfoglia » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:13 am

OMG dying laughing. The Uggs were a gorgeous touch, truly.

Colonel buys cool-aid. Grey is "incredibly hesitant." And Movieeee! It's so funny. I can just see Betty White saying that! And leaving with Terry Crews.

180180180.

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:33 am

OMG PnJ I wish this was IRL
no offense to my hubby
but i guess that's impossible

User avatar
hetookmetoamovie
Posts: 620
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:03 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:38 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
rebexness wrote:I want to be a celebrity cameo tyia.


Pnj work on this for the first season

You should schedule Bex for sweeps week. And maybe a Very Special Episode with Baseball.

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:53 am

schmelling wrote:21? Anybody else?


21 years young and im still full of fun in the sun with the runs

ilikebaseball
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:04 am

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Postby ilikebaseball » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:56 am

only did 2 RC sections 2 LR sections and an LG section cuz im a word that rhymes with slabbahunt. Wakin up and takin a random PT tomorrow IDFK which one it is but its in the way so whatevs gonna knock it out.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests