The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BJS

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:23 pm

sfoglia wrote:And, yes. You're doing well to consider the shoes. They are, in my opinion, the easiest indicator of how much pride someone takes in their appearance, and I think they become doubly important in those professional fields that require their employees to maintain a certain appearance (e.g. law).
What kills me is that sales on good shoes are rare, and my size (7-7.5) are almost always out of stock. I lucked into sales on the chukkas and AE's this summer and I always keep an eye out on Nordstrom, J.Crew, and AE promotions for the opportunity to pick up some more. I almost refuse to buy clothes at full price. I'm also skittish to paying over $100 for clothing that's of lesser quality.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:23 pm

hereisonehand wrote:and sorry to be on topic... but did anyone else find that movie game (#3) on PT 70 incredibly hard?

also the second LR section, ugh.
Idk my buddy who's studying 2 said he had a hard time w the movie game too idk I didn't think it was too bad but I did miss that stupid rule sub Q in the first game and yeah LR2 I did worse than LR1 like a decent amount worse pretty much sucked

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:27 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:mmm I take pride in comfort, and wear nothing but asics gel nimbus all day every day
That's legit I wore only new balance 574s from like my junior year of hs throughout college these days it's a little more varied usually wear black Lacoste sneakers to work, almost exclusively Birkenstocks outside of work...I also got into high tops and have a pair of ballin sky forces that still smell new and some like mid 90s barkleys that r also fresh2death but get more wear than the sky forces
I wore NB 574s more or less exclusively for years but stepped it up in terms of comfort, nothing like the nimbus or kayanos, but I kinda look like I'm in my 60s now w/r/t footwear esp. when combined with dad jeans

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:28 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:and sorry to be on topic... but did anyone else find that movie game (#3) on PT 70 incredibly hard?

Idk my buddy who's studying 2 said he had a hard time w the movie game too idk I didn't think it was too bad but I did miss that stupid rule sub Q in the first game and yeah LR2 I did worse than LR1 like a decent amount worse pretty much sucked
When I took PT70 as the real thing the movie game absolutely busted my ass. I went 3/6 on the game. So yea.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:28 pm

Yea I skipped the game and went back to it

I don't think I've ever done that before and second lR I missed 5x more than th first. Hint I missed 1 on first

Eta: I've been feeling a lot of mental fatigue at the tail end of PTS these days
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:34 pm

I'm sorry that I missed fashion talk earlier. I'm online shopping to get over these LSAT blues. Turns out I have a hard time distinguishing between "interesting/edgy" and "ugly."

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:35 pm

hereisonehand wrote:I wore NB 574s more or less exclusively for years but stepped it up in terms of comfort, nothing like the nimbus or kayanos, but I kinda look like I'm in my 60s now w/r/t footwear esp. when combined with dad jeans
Hand on a casual Saturday

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

I don't think I've ever done that before and second lR I missed 5x more than th first. Hint I missed 1 on first
I skipped a couple of the questions on that game, did the 4th in like 3 mins, still had time to brute force my way through most of it, missed 1 question, so all in all not bad but still it was very hard compared to the other games

I missed 3x as much on the second LR as on the first LR section hint I missed 6 on the first THAT ONE IS FOR YOU QUIGLEY jk I missed 1 as well

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:36 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:I wore NB 574s more or less exclusively for years but stepped it up in terms of comfort, nothing like the nimbus or kayanos, but I kinda look like I'm in my 60s now w/r/t footwear esp. when combined with dad jeans
Hand on a casual Saturday

getting there, getting there

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:37 pm

Hand is possibly my father.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:38 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote: Eta: I've been feeling a lot of mental fatigue at the tail end of PTS these days
I always do, but part of that is just wanting to know how I did so I rush a bit, but part is just mmmmeehhhhhhhhhhh-I-wanna-be-done

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:38 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Hand is possibly my father.
I'm def. possibly old enough to be the father of some people itt

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:40 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

Eta: I've been feeling a lot of mental fatigue at the tail end of PTS these days
Only 1 I missed on that one was 18 and it was cuz I rushed through it and didn't really look... As for LR I got a lot more than ×5 ur lr2

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:40 pm

for the movie game idk it was pretty easy

setup

with the slots of 7-8-9

but for the screens that didn't have a time, i x'd out. then just use the rules through thge game. r and s are constraied and with the h m not being on the same screen works out nicely.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:42 pm

unodostres wrote:for the movie game idk it was pretty easy

setup

with the slots of 7-8-9

but for the screens that didn't have a time, i x'd out. then just use the rules through thge game. r and s are constraied and with the h m not being on the same screen works out nicely.
u r a genius
me not so much

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:44 pm

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:44 pm

setup

with the slots of 7-8-9

Similar to what I did

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:45 pm

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:45 pm

hereisonehand wrote:

setup

with the slots of 7-8-9

u r a genius
me not so much

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:45 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Hand is possibly my father.
that's dark.
:D

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:45 pm

setup

with the slots of 7-8-9

I set it up kinda diff w

1 | 2 | 3

Across the top and then i think it was like two movies in 1 and 2 and one in 3 and just wrote the times next to it I thot it was comparable to like grouping games w the morning and afternoon stipulations this 1 just had kind of a weird relative ordering thing thrown in

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:46 pm

BillPackets wrote:

setup

with the slots of 7-8-9

I set it up kinda diff w

1 | 2 | 3

Across the top and then i think it was like two movies in 1 and 2 and one in 3 and just wrote the times next to it I thot it was comparable to like grouping games w the morning and afternoon stipulations this 1 just had kind of a weird relative ordering thing thrown in
I did the same thing and that made it a total time sink for me, uno's set up is much more sensible

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:47 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:mmmmeehhhhhhhhhhh-I-wanna-be-done
This is my emotion regarding the LSAT as a whole lately.
Srs after the PT today I was just like the only thing I want in life is 4 this 2 b over

Also hand was your age a joke or r u actually older I can't remember if you've discussed your past

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:47 pm

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
Srs after the PT today I was just like the only thing I want in life is 4 this 2 b over

Also hand was your age a joke or r u actually older I can't remember if you've discussed your past
I'm 34 so I could be the father of some k-jd ubergunner I guess

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:49 pm

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote:

Hands live tweeting the nursing home experience as we speak

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”