The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:45 pm

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:05 am

OMG and I'm on screen for an infamous lady grey pic post. I feel so famous

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:26 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:OMG and I'm on screen for an infamous lady grey pic post. I feel so famous
It was funny to see TLSing in action

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:30 am

You have the best ideas, smcc :D It's a straight-out-of-the-carton kind of night.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:36 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:25 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valamar

New

Post by Valamar » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:45 am

I know this was discussed a few weeks back, but taking time off from the LSAT once you start to feel that burn out can do wonders. I just got back from a one week road-trip where I did minimal prep (did manage to squeeze in 2 timed PTs sitting in the back of a packed car haha), and have obtained results in the last two days well above my previous average. Obviously a small sample size but my mind has felt promisingly sharper. Having entered September, I know that the general tendency is to shift into "final stretch" mode, but I think taking even a 2-3 day break may end up being more beneficial in the long run.

boris09

New

Post by boris09 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:02 am

Valamar wrote:I know this was discussed a few weeks back, but taking time off from the LSAT once you start to feel that burn out can do wonders. I just got back from a one week road-trip where I did minimal prep (did manage to squeeze in 2 timed PTs sitting in the back of a packed car haha), and have obtained results in the last two days well above my previous average. Obviously a small sample size but my mind has felt promisingly sharper. Having entered September, I know that the general tendency is to shift into "final stretch" mode, but I think taking even a 2-3 day break may end up being more beneficial in the long run.
I really hope that's the case, because two of my best friends are leaving back to their respective universities tomorrow so i spent the past 3-4ish days with pretty much no studying. All i've been thinking about is the LSAT, and it scares the shit out of me knowing that i'm taking time off this close to the test when i'm nowhere near the peak of my abilities.

Also, i feel sort of ashamed that i left posting on this thread after being so graciously and lovingly accepted as the prime minister of this thread LOL. Thank you all for the recognition, i really just want everyone to be proud of how they're doing so far. You guys are all awesome, and i truly feel like i'm part of a community here, even though my total posts are nowhere near most of yours

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:10 am

mornincounselor wrote:Technically, I'm on break so I can't discuss the test with other test takers. But, I'm going to assume no one else is under going the horror of PT 62 right now. WTF was with that LG section. The first LR was no piece of cake either.
I took 62 last night, too! Went -3 on LG all on that 3rd game. I also thought LR was tough.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:12 am

Valamar wrote:I know this was discussed a few weeks back, but taking time off from the LSAT once you start to feel that burn out can do wonders. I just got back from a one week road-trip where I did minimal prep (did manage to squeeze in 2 timed PTs sitting in the back of a packed car haha), and have obtained results in the last two days well above my previous average. Obviously a small sample size but my mind has felt promisingly sharper. Having entered September, I know that the general tendency is to shift into "final stretch" mode, but I think taking even a 2-3 day break may end up being more beneficial in the long run.
Taking a timed PT in the back of a car lol.. that's motivation!

ghostofdreams

New

Post by ghostofdreams » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:51 am

hey, guys, google and other search functions are failing me (or I'm failing myself!). Does anybody have a list of question-types? I have seen one before, I believe, and I think it was from Powerscore. Basically, it's a run down of all the preptests questions classified . . . you know, like, Reading Comprehension, #7, Must Be True, or something like that. Thanks for anyone who can provide this. :D

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:24 am

ghostofdreams wrote:hey, guys, google and other search functions are failing me (or I'm failing myself!). Does anybody have a list of question-types? I have seen one before, I believe, and I think it was from Powerscore. Basically, it's a run down of all the preptests questions classified . . . you know, like, Reading Comprehension, #7, Must Be True, or something like that. Thanks for anyone who can provide this. :D
Maybe http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=108425?

MEAhrnsbrak

Bronze

Post by MEAhrnsbrak » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:52 am

Valamar wrote:I just got back from a one week road-trip where I did minimal prep (did manage to squeeze in 2 timed PTs sitting in the back of a packed car haha), and have obtained results in the last two days well above my previous average.
I'm impressed! I was sitting at Starbucks yesterday taking a PT and considered pausing my time because half way through my test a group of girls came and sat at the table next to me and started gossiping, laughing, and all that fun stuff. I like taking my PTs where there are distractions, but a back of a car is impressive!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:18 am

guys, games is so inconsistent for me.

Literally got 13 correct on a section I did the other day... got -0 on a timed PT's section of LG I did a few days before that. BRB, fool proofing every game in existence.

I think part of this is my inability to want to move on from a game when its taking too long. I think I spent literally 14 minutes on the third game of the set.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:31 am

flash21 wrote:guys, games is so inconsistent for me.

Literally got 13 correct on a section I did the other day... got -0 on a timed PT's section of LG I did a few days before that. BRB, fool proofing every game in existence.

I think part of this is my inability to want to move on from a game when its taking too long. I think I spent literally 14 minutes on the third game of the set.
Is there a certain type of game that you have problems w?

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:36 am

the two games I bombed, one was an in and out game, and the other was a sequencing type game, and another game that I did OK on but still sunk a lot of my time up was a sequencing + grouping. This is Prep test A by the way.

I always felt like grouping was my strength and I was a bit worse on sequencing ones. I still got owned by this grouping game though - it in retrospect I missed a few key inferences that helped splitting up the board, but for one of the sequencing + grouping games I actually just went full retard with my diagram. It was this quadruple stack thing that turned up being super unnecessary when I went to 7sage.

According to 7sage, I miss these games the most:

-Miscelaneous (whats this? Like mapping and stuff?)
- pure grouping
- sequencing games with a twist (I think combo grouping + sequencing)

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:06 am

Hmmm idk have you tried this: making up front inferences on a game and timing yourself doing that? It sounds like you have some trouble (sometimes, at least) recognizing the proper diagram/recognizing how certain rules interact.

Obvs geting that stuff right on the front end will
Make the back end (the questions) go faster.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:09 am

BillPackets wrote:Hmmm idk have you tried this: making up front inferences on a game and timing yourself doing that? It sounds like you have some trouble (sometimes, at least) recognizing the proper diagram/recognizing how certain rules interact.

Obvs geting that stuff right on the front end will
Make the back end (the questions) go faster.
Yeah I think you're right. Aside from one of the games where my diagram was just terrible, the other games were made 1000x tougher by not getting inferences. I'll try to focus on that for drilling this week.

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:11 am

Ughhhhhhhh I do not want to PT this morning. I need to get my suit tailored and I get to see my girlfriend today, who I've seen like three hours of in the last two weeks. But I have to do PT 66 to stay on schedule (finish through PT72 by Sunday before test day). I think I may just cut it down to a five section PT and feel awful about myself. Plus, I had to rewash my hair this morning after putting *way* too much pomade in it the first time. Even on Labor Day Mondays are a cruel mistress.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:30 am

flash21 wrote:guys, games is so inconsistent for me.

I have a very difficult time moving on from questions, too, but it really makes such a difference. You have to just remind yourself that skipping one or two is going to result better for your score than fighting to figure them out. For every one that you struggle on in any particular game, there is probably 1.5x that you'd breeze through in the following. The goal is to get the most points, not the best points. Quantity not quality!

Do you skip around to do the linear games first? That also made a huge difference for me.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:31 am

BJS wrote:Ughhhhhhhh I do not want to PT this morning. I need to get my suit tailored and I get to see my girlfriend today, who I've seen like three hours of in the last two weeks. But I have to do PT 66 to stay on schedule (finish through PT72 by Sunday before test day). I think I may just cut it down to a five section PT and feel awful about myself. Plus, I had to rewash my hair this morning after putting *way* too much pomade in it the first time. Even on Labor Day Mondays are a cruel mistress.
I love this.

If it makes you feel any better (probably not), I'm sitting here on TLS when I should have started my PT five minutes ago!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:35 am

I'm eating poached eggs in beef broth w/ a sugar free rock star bout 2 start a PT

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:47 am

BillPackets wrote:I'm eating poached eggs in beef broth w/ a sugar free rock star bout 2 start a PT
Do u prefer beef over chicken bill

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:52 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:I'm eating poached eggs in beef broth w/ a sugar free rock star bout 2 start a PT
Do u prefer beef over chicken bill
I prefer chicken broth but I ran out of the little chicken bouillon cubes so I'm de facto beef brothin at the moment

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:06 am

mornincounselor wrote:Technically, I'm on break so I can't discuss the test with other test takers. But, I'm going to assume no one else is under going the horror of PT 62 right now. WTF was with that LG section. The first LR was no piece of cake either.
There is pretty widespread agreement in the June thread that 62 is the worst.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”