The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:34 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:This is how I feel when LSAT tells me I got a question wrong.

I LITERALLY JUST SAID THAT TO MY TEST

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:35 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:This is how I feel when LSAT tells me I got a question wrong.

QFNP

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:41 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote: Image
QFNP

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:05 am

It's only night time when this thread succumbs to the threat of falling from the top of the LSAT Prep and Discussion Sub Forum. As the only person awake at times like this:

Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:27 am

JerryLundegard wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:i gotta day full of 19 hardest RC passages tomorrow wud up bech
Is this from Cambridge? Could be useful...I have really solidified my RC of late but my nightmare is having one of third aberrations where I go +18/-9 come test day
ya i have not solidified its fucking full on liquid

btdubs i told my roommate to expect to pick me up from jail within 30 minutes after the test cuz ima bring a flash to the TC and take pulls as soon as i finish my essay

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:08 am

Auuuugh fuck this test

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:18 am

Ok, seriously guys. This time I'm serious.

PT 64, LR Section 1, Question 15.

Both B and E are right. It's a necessary assumption question. If you negate B, the argument is negated. If you negate E, the argument is also unsupported. Why the fuck is E wrong? What is this bullshit? There is no consensus on Manhattan LSAT either.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:45 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:38 am

mornincounselor wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Ok, seriously guys. This time I'm serious.

Both B and E are right. It's a necessary assumption question. If you negate B, the argument is negated. If you negate E, the argument is also unsupported. Why the fuck is E wrong? What is this bullshit? There is no consensus on Manhattan LSAT either.
So its a required assumption question.

Some critics complain that Kanye's songs are indifferent to important moral questions. Our author disagrees. Each song, says our author, poetically condenses an ordinary person's major crisis. Such emotional crises, says our author, often raise important moral questions.

A. Wrong, nothing about Kanye's achievements.

B. Yup, this is required by our argument,

C. Deserving of a certain level of praise? Wrong.

D. Maybe it was, who cares. Wrong

E. Wrong. Maybe this was not her purpose. None the less it could have been an unintentional result.
My bad they were critiquing her novels instead of her. If they were critiquing her, then her not intending to address moral questions would mean she's indifferent to moral questions.

Fuckin 64 giving me problems. Went -2 on LG too. That shitty bicycle testing game.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:12 am

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:32 am

smccgrey wrote:GOOD MORNING BETCHES

[img]/img]

...This gif is a lie because the sun is not actually up yet.
That gif just brightened up my morning

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 24, 2014 7:35 am

PeanutsNJam wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:Ok, seriously guys. This time I'm serious.

So its a required assumption question.

Some critics complain that Kanye's songs are indifferent to important moral questions. Our author disagrees. Each song, says our author, poetically condenses an ordinary person's major crisis. Such emotional crises, says our author, often raise important moral questions.

A. Wrong, nothing about Kanye's achievements.

B. Yup, this is required by our argument,

C. Deserving of a certain level of praise? Wrong.

D. Maybe it was, who cares. Wrong

E. Wrong. Maybe this was not her purpose. None the less it could have been an unintentional result.
My bad they were critiquing her novels instead of her. If they were critiquing her, then her not intending to address moral questions would mean she's indifferent to moral questions.

Fuckin 64 giving me problems. Went -2 on LG too. That shitty bicycle testing game.
GET WITH IT PNJ

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:24 am

PeanutsNJam wrote: My preferred strategy is actually to just circle the right answer.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Tyr

Bronze

Post by Tyr » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:40 am

I did 16 RC passages yesterday. RC is the section that is killing me. I just... I don't know.

Today, I'm going to drive to the testing center and scope it out. It's a little over an hour away, so I just want to be double sure I'm comfortable with the time to get there and which building I'll be in. The building is a seminary, so maybe I should say some prayers before taking the LSAT. I've got to get at least a few more points that way, right?

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:43 am

I'm packing everything I need at my apartment for the trip home. The stack of LSAT stuff is...ridiculous. I'm bringing all my prep books, drilling packets, graded tests and sections, and more pencils, erasers, and sharpeners than I could ever need. I can't believe there are only three more days. Also ready to go - my LSAT outfit. Hell yea blue gingham.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:48 am

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:55 am

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

vracovino

Bronze

Post by vracovino » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:07 am

Tyr wrote:I did 16 RC passages yesterday. RC is the section that is killing me. I just... I don't know.

Today, I'm going to drive to the testing center and scope it out. It's a little over an hour away, so I just want to be double sure I'm comfortable with the time to get there and which building I'll be in. The building is a seminary, so maybe I should say some prayers before taking the LSAT. I've got to get at least a few more points that way, right?
What's your normal issue on RC? I'm certainly not one to give advice on the section, but I've been struggling less by taking the time to COMPLETELY understand the passage before moving onto the questions. There are times where there is a particular part of the passage that is abstract and which the LSAT will test you on because they know you probably just read right through it. I try and understand the passage to the best of my ability (even if it takes four or five minutes) before moving onto the questions.

Of course, then there is an RC section like the one from PT 65 where the questions are just completely absurd and ambiguous- and this is where I generally struggle.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:12 am

Tyr wrote:I did 16 RC passages yesterday. RC is the section that is killing me. I just... I don't know.

Are you kidding? God hates lawyers. We're all going to hell.

Better tell him that you're taking the MCAT.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:14 am

smccgrey wrote:
BJS wrote:I'm packing everything I need at my apartment for the trip home. The stack of LSAT stuff is...ridiculous. I'm bringing all my prep books, drilling packets, graded tests and sections, and more pencils, erasers, and sharpeners than I could ever need. I can't believe there are only three more days. Also ready to go - my LSAT outfit. Hell yea blue gingham.
This makes me feel underprepared.
Right? Someone please remind me to steal some pencils from the supply closet before leaving work today. :lol:

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:16 am

sfoglia wrote:
smccgrey wrote:
BJS wrote:I'm packing everything I need at my apartment for the trip home. The stack of LSAT stuff is...ridiculous. I'm bringing all my prep books, drilling packets, graded tests and sections, and more pencils, erasers, and sharpeners than I could ever need. I can't believe there are only three more days. Also ready to go - my LSAT outfit. Hell yea blue gingham.
This makes me feel underprepared.
Right? Someone please remind me to steal some pencils from the supply closet before leaving work today. :lol:
don't do it unless they have black ticonderoga's at your office

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:19 am

sfoglia wrote:

Are you kidding? God hates lawyers. We're all going to hell.

Better tell him that you're taking the MCAT.

A) The argument presumes, without justification, that God is not love
B) The argument presumes, without justification, that God exists
C) The argument presumes, without justification, that doctors are not, on balance, a bunch of evil moneygrubbers and statuswhores like lawyers
D) The argument presumes, without justification, that God listens to mortals begging for favors
E) Whatever works for ya, kid

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:20 am

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:20 am

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:20 am

smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote: My preferred strategy is actually to just circle the right answer.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”