The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:46 pm

sfoglia

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:19 pm

BJS wrote:The job is from hell (and because it's nonprofit the pay sucks). I feel like it's amazing preparation for BigLaw...although in BigLaw I'll be advancing my career, getting paid well, and doing something I enjoy. I think of these two years as my time in the wilderness. Something I'll look on with stern, world-weary appreciation in my memoirs. :wink:
Nonprofits. Oh, nonprofits. I would never.
smccgrey wrote:Since we're doing work rants...

I have a coworker who cannot stay silent for more than 5 minutes. It's just his personality I guess. He sits across from me, and I'm always either on the phone or trying to write content, so you can imagine that Chatty McChatterson's babbling is not particularly conducive to productivity.

Of course I keep my headphones in at all times, but that doesn't help. He'll interrupt me for inane shit like "have you seen this TV show? Do you have netflix?"

Anyway, I basically snapped today and sent a strongly worded email to my boss demanding an office. He's been saying that he'll 'move me soon' since like November of last year, so I didn't feel bad.

Anyway I'm home now with a huge headache and I'm HANGRY. Probably will do LG later.
Funny you mention, because we just had a few women transfer over to our office, and all. they. do. is. chat. There's a particularly vocal man who works a few desks down from me, and they and he chat all day long. Like, I'm really glad for you that you're having so much fun at work, but you need to shut up so that the rest of us can get our work done.

I keep thinking that clearly they just haven't realized that this is the place where good things go to die, and that eventually they will catch on and be as gloomy, depressed, and silent as the rest of us.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:32 pm

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:36 pm

sfoglia wrote: I keep thinking that clearly they just haven't realized that this is the place where good things go to die, and that eventually they will catch on and be as gloomy, depressed, and silent as the rest of us.
Hey, young people:

ETA: Sorry -- to explain: My old firm had this mentorship program, and I was always forced asked to participate because I was one of the few women around. But yeah, based on the hours I worked, the stack of Seamless receipts by my desk, and how I would literally fall asleep sitting up, I think that was the only message I was able to convey.
Last edited by hetookmetoamovie on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vracovino

Bronze

Post by vracovino » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:37 pm

Quick Q regarding grouping games...

Do you guys create a logic chain like 7Sage? Or just generally keep note of all the inferences and how they relate mentally?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:38 pm

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:39 pm

vracovino wrote:Quick Q regarding grouping games...

Do you guys create a logic chain like 7Sage? Or just generally keep note of all the inferences and how they relate mentally?
make the chain. if its heavy on conditional logic

vracovino

Bronze

Post by vracovino » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:40 pm

smccgrey wrote:

option B for me.
smccgrey wrote:

option B for me.
Alright. I'm messing around with both today. I usually create some hideous combination of the two and it gets really confusing.

Today is one of the worst LSAT days in a while..it's like..I just forgot how 2 lg or something.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:45 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:46 pm

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:47 pm

chain helps unless you get some type of weird chain that has like a and b -> c / a -> b or c

so its like yea in the latter case i mentally note

vracovino

Bronze

Post by vracovino » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:47 pm

smccgrey wrote:
vracovino wrote: Today is one of the worst LSAT days in a while..it's like..I just forgot how 2 lg or something.
Pretty sure that happens to everyone at some point. Your brain has had enough and wants nothing to do with this LG BS.
Probably. My dreams consisted of me placing variables in order last night.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:47 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
sfoglia wrote: I keep thinking that clearly they just haven't realized that this is the place where good things go to die, and that eventually they will catch on and be as gloomy, depressed, and silent as the rest of us.
Hey, young people:

ETA: Sorry -- to explain: My old firm had this mentorship program, and I was always forced asked to participate because I was one of the few women around. But yeah, based on the hours I worked, the stack of Seamless receipts by my desk, and how I would literally fall asleep sitting up, I think that was the only message I was able to convey.

You're up 4 gif queen

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:54 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
Hey, young people:

YOU'REALLFUCKED.GIF

I support this.

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:06 pm

Sorry if the gif was somewhat dark. I'm just pretty gloomy today after PT65. I went -9 again on LR combined, -2 on LG, and -3 on RC for 170. Thankful for the curve.

I thought the games were pretty easy; I just made two stupid mistakes that I'm really mad about. RC was kind of rough, and I missed all my questions on the passage about crops for lack of time/I just hate agricultural science. And it seems like my LR is just not budging. I want to feel hopeful and positive or whatever, but I'm just so tired and stressed and tireddddddddd. I want more time to prepare but I also just want this to be over!!

Also, congrats on 1000+ posts, Colonel! I missed that a few pages ago.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:20 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Sorry if the gif was somewhat dark. I'm just pretty gloomy today after PT65. I went -9 again on LR combined, -2 on LG, and -3 on RC for 170. Thankful for the curve.

I thought the games were pretty easy; I just made two stupid mistakes that I'm really mad about. RC was kind of rough, and I missed all my questions on the passage about crops for lack of time/I just hate agricultural science. And it seems like my LR is just not budging. I want to feel hopeful and positive or whatever, but I'm just so tired and stressed and tireddddddddd. I want more time to prepare but I also just want this to be over!!

Also, congrats on 1000+ posts, Colonel! I missed that a few pages ago.
What was your miss allocation between the two LRs? -4/-5, -0/-9?

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Also Idfk kno how u ppl mentally note games that r heavy on conditional logic like u just don't write all the rules down or what

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:42 pm

BillPackets wrote: What was your miss allocation between the two LRs? -4/-5, -0/-9?
-5/-4
Ugh, 5 were just dumb/misreads, 4 I had narrowed down the the last two and chose unwisely. This time they're mostly Flaws questions, with one NA, MSS, Role, Point of Issue thrown in.

My experimental section was 1st and LR, and I went -0 in that. So maybe fatigue is playing some kind of role. Idk. :(

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:45 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Also, congrats on 1000+ posts, Colonel! I missed that a few pages ago.
Well thanks

Yea I post 2 much

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Also, congrats on 1000+ posts, Colonel! I missed that a few pages ago.
Well thanks

Yea I post 2 much
Keep it coming! Social lives are overrated.

I dunno. I post a lot on this sports forum (I'm a soccer nut), and the hot button issue today is whether or not our mascot should be allowed to be on the field during the game. So as dorky as things may get in here, it could always be worse.

vracovino

Bronze

Post by vracovino » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:53 pm

BillPackets wrote:Also Idfk kno how u ppl mentally note games that r heavy on conditional logic like u just don't write all the rules down or what
You right down the rules but don't chain them. Idk, its easier to immediately see the individual rules and how they impact the game sometimes when its not all muddled in one big chain, at least for me. Its probably what ever you are used to is just the most natural, I guess.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:02 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Well thanks

Yea I post 2 much
Keep it coming! Social lives are overrated.

I dunno. I post a lot on this sports forum (I'm a soccer nut), and the hot button issue today is whether or not our mascot should be allowed to be on the field during the game. So as dorky as things may get in here, it could always be worse.
They should def be allowed on the field and if you posted otherwise you are not a true fan

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:07 pm

Since this thread has been pretty on topic today...

Here's a shirtless Putin on a horse that came up on my Facebook feed

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:13 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
BillPackets wrote: What was your miss allocation between the two LRs? -4/-5, -0/-9?
-5/-4
Ugh, 5 were just dumb/misreads, 4 I had narrowed down the the last two and chose unwisely. This time they're mostly Flaws questions, with one NA, MSS, Role, Point of Issue thrown in.

My experimental section was 1st and LR, and I went -0 in that. So maybe fatigue is playing some kind of role. Idk. :(
How many do u typically miss on LR?

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:27 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:
-5/-4

How many do u typically miss on LR?
Well, I had been missing ~6 total until the shitshow that was PT62 where I missed 10. In 63-65, I've missed 8, 9, and 9 again. I don't know what's going on. This is not really where I wanna be :?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”