The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ilikebaseball

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:24 pm

havent had a lot of bad study days, but today was one...wow haha

LR#2 in PT 72 killllled me. im hoping that was just a particularly tough section. Fucking dropped 7 including 2 in the first 10.
Last edited by ilikebaseball on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerryLundegard

Bronze

Post by JerryLundegard » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:24 pm

About to take the June 2010 test after an 11 hour workday.. Ahh the TFA life -___-
But alas! Spending the 3 day weekend in Athens Georgia for some college football and libations before I hanker down in the war room for the next 3+ weeks.

Will update with performance for anyone interested =)

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:30 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:havent had a lot of bad study days, but today was one...wow haha

LR#2 in PT 72 killllled me. im hoping that was just a particularly tough section. Fucking dropped 7 including 2 in the first 10.
Don't worry.. today I wrote one of my best LR sections during a timed section, and during the next timed section did literally one of my worst in months.. 23/25 to 18/25. It happens!

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:38 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:havent had a lot of bad study days, but today was one...wow haha

The real question is were any fixed by adding

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:55 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

I bet 7 were...damn it all makes sense now

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:11 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

I bet 7 were...damn it all makes sense now
damn I got ignored.. feels bad being at the bottom of the september group pecking order

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:12 pm

flash21 wrote:

Don't worry.. today I wrote one of my best LR sections during a timed section, and during the next timed section did literally one of my worst in months.. 23/25 to 18/25. It happens!
lol sorry. and ya i know. a little frustrating because i dont usually have bad days, but as long as its now and not the 27th.

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:24 pm

anyone else having pretty big discrpancies between their timed section scores and their blind review scores? I haven't done many PT's (just one in many many months), but when I add together my timed sections from PT's (I know its not an accurate repressentation of my actual score) I get anywhere from 160-165, when in my full PT I got a 164. However, when I do blind review I'm getting 168-172 range, lately being closer to 170 than the higher 160's. Being over to mull over questions in blind review I often see the error of my ways.

Anyone else seeing big gaps?

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:29 pm

I am unbelievably angry that Shark Tank's new season premiers the night before the LSAT. First thing I'm doing when I get back to the apartment (an hour drive from the testing center): pull out a bottle of wine and find Shark Tank on Hulu. On the topic of alcohol after the LSAT, after last year's LSAT I bought four bottles of liquor afterwards because I knew I did so poorly.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:09 pm

I spent way too much time on TLS today....not cool...plus I am starting to feel like the Lounge/Off-Topic is going to cause me to sin my soul :(

Side note 1....Orange is the New Black is sooooo funny now on S1E4 but :D :D :D

Side note 2.....I'm secretly praying that my husband oversleeps so I can miss check-in tomorrow morning....no family vacation.. :lol:

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:45 pm

sashafierce wrote:I spent way too much time on TLS today....
Story of my life

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:46 pm

BJS wrote:I am unbelievably angry that Shark Tank's new season premiers the night before the LSAT. First thing I'm doing when I get back to the apartment (an hour drive from the testing center): pull out a bottle of wine and find Shark Tank on Hulu. On the topic of alcohol after the LSAT, after last year's LSAT I bought four bottles of liquor afterwards because I knew I did so poorly.

Speakin of first things to do post LSAT- whose starting the waiting thread

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:47 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:50 pm

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:02 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BJS wrote:I am unbelievably angry that Shark Tank's new season premiers the night before the LSAT. First thing I'm doing when I get back to the apartment (an hour drive from the testing center): pull out a bottle of wine and find Shark Tank on Hulu. On the topic of alcohol after the LSAT, after last year's LSAT I bought four bottles of liquor afterwards because I knew I did so poorly.

Speakin of first things to do post LSAT- whose starting the waiting thread
DIBBBBBBBBBBBBBBSSSSSSSSSSSS

I like your initiative you get the honor

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:03 pm

smccgrey wrote:Shit I forgot to make that Yale GIF.

Please accept this drawing of the meaning behind the Yale crest until then:
:lol: :lol: don't think this gets you out the gif tho

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:17 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote: I like your initiative you get the honor
If anyone else wants the honour, they're welcome to outbid me for it. I offer graphic design skills an a moderately tolerable sense of humour.
Not in any way as a statement of me not wantin you to do it, I like the idea of some random/funny competition for it....if only to derail this thread more

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:49 pm

I would play croquet at yale while discussing what art III clerkship I want

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:15 am

Did 2 sets of RC 2night...felt pretty good. -3 on one (average -2/-3), then on the other I had a very, very unexpected -4. I missed 2 on the first fuckin passage...idk wtf happened. Apparently I missed this huge part of the logic of the passage, but I think it was kind of bs. So I missed 2 on the first, 2 on the last...none in between. Obvs I want 2 b less than -4 but that one passage had a dude flummoxed.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:18 am

BillPackets wrote: a dude flummoxed.
This doesn't flow as well as other nouns

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

charlesriver

New

Post by charlesriver » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:25 am

can't sleep. need to come here and vent.

today I was studying at the library and was timing myself on a RC section. all of sudden the girl sitting right next to me picked up her phone and started to talk very loudly. i tried to ignored it and just focus but failed. So I asked her to keep it down. and she murmured something like give her a minute. So I waited. But I was getting angrier and angrier. I asked her again to move the talk outside. She gave me the "one more minute" sign.
finally, after she's done with the call, I didn't know why. but I felt like I should talk to her about the basic courtesy in the library. So I tried to talked to her. She just kept ignoring me which made me furious. so.....I walked to her and took her laptop. she chased me with her bare feet (yes! she took her shoes off and brought a whole grocery bag of food with her! sure she was very comfortable) and asked me for her laptop. I said, "now you are not deaf any more?" and we keep going back and forth for a minute or two. finally i gave back her laptop and left. After I found a new spot, my mind just couldn't collect its peace.

I admit I have over reacted a little bit. I don't why I got so upset. Normally, I will just let it pass or just move away. I don't know why I need to pick up the fight today. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:30 am

BillPackets wrote: a dude flummoxed.
Thot

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:31 am

charlesriver wrote:can't sleep. need to come here and vent.

today I was studying at the library and was timing myself on a RC section. all of sudden the girl sitting right next to me picked up her phone and started to talk very loudly. i tried to ignored it and just focus but failed. So I asked her to keep it down. and she murmured something like give her a minute. So I waited. But I was getting angrier and angrier. I asked her again to move the talk outside. She gave me the "one more minute" sign.
finally, after she's done with the call, I didn't know why. but I felt like I should talk to her about the basic courtesy in the library. So I tried to talked to her. She just kept ignoring me which made me furious. so.....I walked to her and took her laptop. she chased me with her bare feet (yes! she took her shoes off and brought a whole grocery bag of food with her! sure she was very comfortable) and asked me for her laptop. I said, "now you are not deaf any more?" and we keep going back and forth for a minute or two. finally i gave back her laptop and left. After I found a new spot, my mind just couldn't collect its peace.

I admit I have over reacted a little bit. I don't why I got so upset. Normally, I will just let it pass or just move away. I don't know why I need to pick up the fight today. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Idc if u r troll cuz this is 180

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:33 am

i dont believe it

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”