The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BillPackets

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Bill is eatin peanut butter m n ms chillin w my nephew

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:36 pm

BillPackets wrote:Bill is eatin peanut butter m n ms chillin w my nephew
This is what I picture:

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:42 pm

After the week from hell at work, I decided to nut up and take PT 70, which I took for real nearly a year ago.

Oct 2013 - 165
S1 LR1: -2
S2 RC: -8
S3 LG: -6
S4: LR2: -2

PT70 - 175
S1 LR1: -1
S2 (PT33 S3 LR2): -0
S3 RC: -3
S4 LG: -2
S5 (PT 33 S4 LG): -0
S6 LR2: -0

In general, I'm very happy with the score jump. I've really improved on my LG and RC skills from a year ago and my decent LR has remained consistent. Not happy with the RC or LG scores in the PT retake - one of the LGs was a CR I changed to a wrong answer in the last 30 seconds. I really just disliked these RC passages in general. As others have said, the recent PTs seem to have tricker RC questions.

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Two year anniversary with my girlfriend coming up after the LSAT...would a TCR anniversary gift be BR clothes? She doesn't wear jewelry that much and is working on increasing her professional wardrobe.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:53 pm

BJS wrote:Two year anniversary with my girlfriend coming up after the LSAT...would a TCR anniversary gift be BR clothes? She doesn't wear jewelry that much and is working on increasing her professional wardrobe.
Nice 175

R u planning nething else for the anny

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:00 pm

BillPackets wrote:
BJS wrote:Two year anniversary with my girlfriend coming up after the LSAT...would a TCR anniversary gift be BR clothes? She doesn't wear jewelry that much and is working on increasing her professional wardrobe.
Nice 175

We'll at least go to the city for dinner and an evening, but I'm thinking about getting a hotel room and recreating Clive Bixby from Modern Family because we both love watching that show.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:02 pm

BJS wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
Nice 175

We'll at least go to the city for dinner and an evening, but I'm thinking about getting a hotel room and recreating Clive Bixby from Modern Family because we both love watching that show.
Idk wut that means but it sounds legit a practical gift like BR clothes which are obvs really nice + sum romantic shit is TCR here IMHO

schmelling

Silver

Post removed.

Post by schmelling » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:25 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:32 pm

schmelling wrote:Guys I just got a 169 on PT 67 and here's th breakdown

LR: -3 (-0,-3)
LG: -2
RC: -6

Score: 169

I don't really know what to do about RC, I usually get -2 or -3, but on maybe a third of all PT's I end up with -5 or more. Just yesterday I got -0 on an RC section, it was an older one, but still I finished with time to spare, and on today's test I got 6 wrong and didn't finish. My LR is not completely out of range for me, though slightly lower than I've been scoring most recently. My LG is pretty standard as well.

My score is fluctuating wildly and I do not know why, PLEASE HELP.
I empathize. I got -2 on pt3 RC last night w 5 min to spare, today I got freaking -6 on 62 RC.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:33 pm

schmelling wrote:Guys I just got a 169 on PT 67 and here's th breakdown

LR: -3 (-0,-3)
LG: -2
RC: -6

Score: 169

I don't really know what to do about RC, I usually get -2 or -3, but on maybe a third of all PT's I end up with -5 or more. Just yesterday I got -0 on an RC section, it was an older one, but still I finished with time to spare, and on today's test I got 6 wrong and didn't finish. My LR is not completely out of range for me, though slightly lower than I've been scoring most recently. My LG is pretty standard as well.

My score is fluctuating wildly and I do not know why, PLEASE HELP.
I'm breaking a cardinal rule of mine here but on 70 yesterday I went -6 LR -1 lg -6 RC so I feel u bro n my PT last weekend I went -0 on RC Idfk wtf is up I feel like I've gotten better at RC but it's like my scores now are either perfect or fucking suck and it pretty much blows up my score 2 go -6 on RC basically the worst so I feel u and I can't figure it out -6 is like the worst I've done since June

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:37 pm

Same here

2-, -3 to a -6 on 68

Sucked because I got -5 total on everything else

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:38 pm

unodostres wrote:Same here

2-, -3 to a -6 on 68

How was the curve on 68

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:38 pm

Just finished PT 68. The games section starts super easy but I found the second half to be hard as fuck - I breezed through the first two games in 8 mins total or so, but struggled with the third game, and struggled even more with the fourth. I missed only 1 question but finished with 30 secs left on the clock.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:40 pm

Sup y'all y r we all gettin fucked by RC seems like a common problem I mean ifk
How we go from -0 to -3 to a fuckkn minus 6 I missed FOUR on 1 passage two on another and -0 on the other two i about flung myself out a damn window

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:41 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
unodostres wrote:Same here

2-, -3 to a -6 on 68

How was the curve on 68
-12 for a 170

eta: so fairly standard

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:48 pm

BillPackets wrote:Sup y'all y r we all gettin fucked by RC seems like a common problem I mean ifk
How we go from -0 to -3 to a fuckkn minus 6 I missed FOUR on 1 passage two on another and -0 on the other two i about flung myself out a damn window
For me RC is the section that suffers most from being tired/bored/unmotivated, as you need to stay focused for much longer than for LR or LG, where you can just approach the questions one at a time and (assuming your LG set up is OK) don't need to keep more than one or two bits of info in your head. So that might play a role. Also the RC questions on the recent tests are harder in my experience; the "which statement would the author agree with" often seem a stretch for example, and the "what sort of proposal is most similar" as well (I mean, they sometimes ask you to compare the construction of a car to a social policy or some shit like that)

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:55 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Sup y'all y r we all gettin fucked by RC seems like a common problem I mean ifk
For me RC is the section that suffers most from being tired/bored/unmotivated, as you need to stay focused for much longer than for LR or LG, where you can just approach the questions one at a time and (assuming your LG set up is OK) don't need to keep more than one or two bits of info in your head. So that might play a role. Also the RC questions on the recent tests are harder in my experience; the "which statement would the author agree with" often seem a stretch for example, and the "what sort of proposal is most similar" as well (I mean, they sometimes ask you to compare the construction of a car to a social policy or some shit like that)
My ideal section breakdown would be RC 1st LR LR then Lg for this very reason

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:00 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
That's what my June test looked like (w/ exp. LG as the third section before the break) and I must say I'd much rather start w/ one section of LR, which for me is far and away the most comfortable part, to warm up, before either RC or LG.

ETA: having RC last would be pretty much the worst

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:03 pm

Fuck bro that was a similar/same breakdown for me in 68..1-1-4-0

Redid it and I slit my wrists
Last edited by unodostres on Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:03 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
That's what my June test looked like (w/ exp. LG as the third section before the break) and I must say I'd much rather start w/ one section of LR, which for me is far and away the most comfortable part, to warm up, before either RC or LG.

ETA: having RC last would be pretty much the worst

Yea that makes sense about warming up w the LR now that you mention that

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:20 pm

unodostres wrote:

Feels great doesn't to nbd just mark 4 wrong on 1 passage when my last 6 sections I haven't missed a combined total of 4

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:43 pm

BillPackets wrote:
unodostres wrote:

Feels great doesn't to nbd just mark 4 wrong on 1 passage when my last 6 sections I haven't missed a combined total of 4
It's hard to think that I could mark four wrong in one psg

Seems like were dumb

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:48 pm

unodostres wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
unodostres wrote:

It's hard to think that I could mark four wrong in one psg

Seems like were dumb
This is sometimes the only explanation

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:53 pm

unodostres wrote:It's hard to think that I could mark four wrong in one psg

Seems like were dumb

lexsi340

New

Post by lexsi340 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:59 pm

Checkin' in after lurking for the past few months and basking in the awe of all of your high scores. Now that I'm down to the final weeks... can I snag some advice on what my game plan should look like?

I've been prepping via a great class for the standard 10 weeks. Started ~155, and now consistently hitting a ~165 and an occasional 167-169 if I happen to not bomb RC.

My split looks like -9 LR (total), -3/-5 LG, and -5/-10 RC (although there was once the beautiful -2 RC). Of course, a 170 would be incredible, but I would be satisfied with hitting a 168.

Any advice on how to spend the next 2 weeks? I've been drilling LG, LR (no real improvement here, even at my diagnostic I was missing 5 per section), and RC and a few full sections thrown in a week in addition to supplementary chapters from LRB and LSAT Trainer. Now that I'm down to the final few weeks, should I be focusing on full-length tests, reviewing incorrect answers, trying new strategies, or just keep up with constant drilling? I've been putting in long hours in the library, but nothing seems to be pushing my overall score up.

Anything in particular that pushed you guys from the mediocre 165? I swear I'll contribute witty posts to this forum after I rob you of all your advice.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”