The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sfoglia

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by sfoglia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:24 pm

schmelling wrote:I watch 7sage videos more than netflix nowadays....
Sad truth! You know A.D.I.D.A.S.? I was just thinking, A.D.I.D.A.(L)S.(AT).

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:48 pm

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:49 pm

smccgrey wrote:
GreenTee wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Grey what's a good gluten free sub for the almond croissant? Also exact juice n concentration? Was the coffee creamed or not?
Important questions. Also, how many eggs for at least minimum Beyonce?
Lol just pig out and love the fact that you have an excuse.
6-12 eggs/day is TCR

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:57 pm

just completed PT 67 for my worst score since I started prepping again, still thoroughly confused about the second game. feel like I'm missing a rule or something... anyone one this one yet and care to explain why 6 E and 7 D are incorrect, and 11 C is credited?

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:02 pm

sorry to be all on topic and shit, I DO wanna hear more about Bill's electrode experiences

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:09 pm

hereisonehand wrote:just completed PT 67 for my worst score since I started prepping again, still thoroughly confused about the second game. feel like I'm missing a rule or something... anyone one this one yet and care to explain why 6 E and 7 D are incorrect, and 11 C is credited?
You're talking about game 2 from PT 67...section 4? 6 is B

ETA: also 7 is B

PS edit: per #11: Y is 4th and T is first. What MBT? Basically bro bc of the last rule, the biconditional rule, V must before Y in this set up, because if Y is before V then P must be first. Since T is first, P cannot b first. Hence, V can be no later than third
Last edited by BillPackets on Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:11 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:just completed PT 67 for my worst score since I started prepping again, still thoroughly confused about the second game. feel like I'm missing a rule or something... anyone one this one yet and care to explain why 6 E and 7 D are incorrect, and 11 C is credited?
games is section 3 on 67. I know what the credited responses are, but haven't been able to rule out some answer choices on this game even after coming back to it without being rushed, which normally doesn't happen

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:14 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
games is section 3 on 67. I know what the credited responses are, but haven't been able to rule out some answer choices on this game even after coming back to it without being rushed, which normally doesn't happen
Oh my b it must b the biconditional that's getting past you. That last role diagrams like this "P 1st <--> Y-V." If but only if introduces a biconditional

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:14 pm

BillPackets wrote:

ETA: also 7 is B

PS edit: per #11: Y is 4th and T is first. What MBT? Basically bro bc of the last rule, the biconditional rule, V must before Y in this set up, because if Y is before V then P must be first. Since T is first, P cannot b first. Hence, V can be no later than third
ahhhhh shit yeah my foggy fucking brain didn't manage to read that rule right to left, had just reading it left to right, like a regular old conditional statement.

thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:29 pm

One thing I've noticed recently is that I finish LG sections with plenty of time (3-5 minutes) and I go -1 on them because of a silly error. Unlike LR or RC, I'm not identifying these questions as problems that I can go back and check with extra time. Any suggestions on fostering better awareness during the games? I find that I rush through games fearing that I'll hit a difficult game - like mauve dinos - that takes far longer than usual.

schmelling

Silver

Post removed.

Post by schmelling » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:49 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:55 pm

Everytime I take a picture directly in a text convo on my iPhone and it has the "retake" option at the bottom it feels foreboding

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:58 pm

It was the best of the times, it was the worst of times...

She took a test. She found it unusually easy. With each passing correct answer, she could feel her heart swelling, the blood rushing to her cheeks. Would this be the test? Would this be her first 170+?

It would, indeed. It would also be the test with a negative curve, in which scores 179, 176, and 173 simply did not exist.

PT 48, why do you hurt me so good?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:59 pm

sfoglia wrote:It was the best of the times, it was the worst of times...

She took a test. She found it unusually easy. With each passing correct answer, she could feel her heart swelling, the blood rushing to her cheeks. Would this be the test? Would this be her first 170+?

It would, indeed. It would also be the test with a negative curve, in which scores 179, 176, and 173 simply did not exist.

Eta: that was a congratulatory quote

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:14 pm

Can someone explain PT28 S1 LR1 Q20 - #290 in LR Cambridge Difficulty packet? I don't understand why A is TCR. I couldn't select an answer on this because none seemed approrpriate. This was my diagram of the stimulus:

First sentence: Economy weak (EC) -> Prices Constant (PC) and Unemployment Rises (UR)
Second Sentence: UR -> Investment Decreases (ID)
Third Sentence: ~ID -> ~UR -> ~EC

My understanding of Either...or is that A, B, or A and B can be true. In this case, why must A be false?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:22 pm

BJS wrote:Can someone explain PT28 S1 LR1 Q20 - #290 in LR Cambridge Difficulty packet? I don't understand why A is TCR. I couldn't select an answer on this because none seemed approrpriate. This was my diagram of the stimulus:

First sentence: Economy weak (EC) -> Prices Constant (PC) and Unemployment Rises (UR)

My understanding of Either...or is that A, B, or A and B can be true. In this case, why must A be false?
I remember that q but don't have packet in front of me, what do a and b say

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:23 pm

When bill hits 1k posts I'm throwin a pizza party

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:28 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

What was a congratulatory quote?

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:29 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BJS wrote:Can someone explain PT28 S1 LR1 Q20 - #290 in LR Cambridge Difficulty packet? I don't understand why A is TCR. I couldn't select an answer on this because none seemed approrpriate. This was my diagram of the stimulus:

A: Either the economis is weak or investment is decreasiing
B: If unemployment rises, then prices remain constant
C: The economy is weak only if investment decreases
D: Either the economy is weak or prices are remaining constant
E: Either unemployment is rising or the economy is not weak

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:49 pm

BJS wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

A: Either the economis is weak or investment is decreasiing
B: If unemployment rises, then prices remain constant
C: The economy is weak only if investment decreases
D: Either the economy is weak or prices are remaining constant
E: Either unemployment is rising or the economy is not weak
I pulled it up, the stim says investment is not decreasing. So that eliminates the last half of a from being able to be true. And economy is weak only if investment is decreasing so that means the other half must be false
Too
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:51 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

What was a congratulatory quote?
I just meant the reason I quoted everything you said was to congratulate u. Sry 4 bein confusing

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm confused did u 170?

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:00 pm

I'm going to give this a try...

The economy weakening means unemployment rises. But, unemployment only rises if investments decrease. So, if investments are NOT decreasing, then unemployment does not rise, and the economy cannot be weak. We are told that investments are not decreasing.

A. says that either the economy is weak or investment decreases. But we know from the above that if the economy is weak, investment MUST have decreased. And that if investments decrease, the economy will be weak. Both must occur. You cannot have one without the other. And we do not have decreased investments, per the stimulus. So, A must be false.

Here's kind of how I'm thinking of it: Say my scarf is knotted around the handle of my handbag. Say I can't untie it, instead I'd have to cut the purse up to get at the scarf. That means that I cannot wear my purse (weak economy) without wearing my scarf (decreased investment). But, if I'm wearing my scarf (decreased investment) then I may or may not have cut up my purse (weak economy), so that doesn't tell us anything. I can also choose to wear neither. The important point here, though, is that I cannot choose to wear my purse without my scarf.

Say I'm not wearing my scarf. Clearly I'm not wearing my handbag either, right?

A says that I'm either wearing my handbag (weak economy) or my scarf (decreased investment). But I just told you I'm not wearing my scarf, so I'm definitely NOT wearing my handbag. A must be false.

ETA: Metaphor modified for clarity with aid from Colonel.
Last edited by sfoglia on Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:03 pm

BillPackets wrote:

I'm confused did u 170?
I 172ed!

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Congrats! Definitely a wonderful feeling.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”