The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
boris09

New

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by boris09 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:07 pm

kbrizz wrote:Lost my motivation and took a week off. Now I'm moving this week but still hoping to get back on the wagon. I've noticed there is a direct correlation between checkin gm this forum and my motivation. So I've resolved to check the forum everyday haha.
I feel the same way. I'm just hoping that everyone mentioning how them taking a break has helped them, will help me as well. I just find it so hard to take a break when tls is so motivating and i have yet to take a full timed PT :(

kbrizz

New

Post by kbrizz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:14 pm

boris09 wrote:
kbrizz wrote:Lost my motivation and took a week off. Now I'm moving this week but still hoping to get back on the wagon. I've noticed there is a direct correlation between checkin gm this forum and my motivation. So I've resolved to check the forum everyday haha.
I feel the same way. I'm just hoping that everyone mentioning how them taking a break has helped them, will help me as well. I just find it so hard to take a break when tls is so motivating and i have yet to take a full timed PT :(

Have you taken a break though? For me, breaks just cause massive anxiety - but that didn't stop me from taking a week off. :roll:

I also have not yet taken a fully timed PT - I need to soon, probably will this week. TLS being motivating is a really good thing for me. I need it to reach my goals, I feel like.

kbrizz

New

Post by kbrizz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Is the logical reasoning bundle from Cambridge worth it?

I mean $40 for the grouped LG wasn't bad but at $80, I'm just like damn.... Makes sense because there's so much more material. It's an investment right?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:53 pm

I mean, I think it is. I bought the full set though. For $325 I got every pt, and all the LG LR N RC grouped by type for pt 1-39. I never really drilled when I took it the first time in December 2011. Then after drilling for a month I scored 4 points higher on my first PT then I did on my actual exam so I'm of the type that thinks drilling is probably the best thing you can do with your prep.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:21 pm

I may have missed this earlier, but, are most of you studying one section type per day, or do you spend an entire week on each?

Up until maybe last week, I was spending a week or more focused on one particular area, with very little practice of the others, but I've now gotten to the point where I'm concerned that may be unproductive. I've re-read the Trainer. I've finished Manhattan RC. I was thinking to use early PTs so that I do a few sections of RC one day, a few of LR the next, then LG, but I'm wondering if that's the wrong approach. Maybe I should re-read Manhattan LR, too?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:23 pm

kbrizz wrote:Is the logical reasoning bundle from Cambridge worth it?

I mean $40 for the grouped LG wasn't bad but at $80, I'm just like damn.... Makes sense because there's so much more material. It's an investment right?
I think it's worth it. Like everything you could ever want...I doubt I'll get through 2/3 of them before my Sept retake. I wish I had them the first go around.

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:25 pm

sfoglia wrote:I may have missed this earlier, but, are most of you studying one section type per day, or do you spend an entire week on each?

Up until maybe last week, I was spending a week or more focused on one particular area, with very little practice of the others, but I've now gotten to the point where I'm concerned that may be unproductive. I've re-read the Trainer. I've finished Manhattan RC. I was thinking to use early PTs so that I do a few sections of RC one day, a few of LR the next, then LG, but I'm wondering if that's the wrong approach. Maybe I should re-read Manhattan LR, too?
I've been mixing it up. Today, for example, I did some LR drilling and then a few LG. I don't think it matters too much as long as you stay relatively active with each of the sections so you don't risk missing and having to rebuild knowledge.

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:56 pm

Remember when TLS LSAT study group legend Jaylawyer said his avatar represented his attitude towards this test? Now I can say the same thing with this picture of my cat's face as she was slapping the dog.

Still on break. Will end break Friday with PT 50 untimed.

boris09

New

Post by boris09 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:14 pm

kbrizz wrote:
boris09 wrote:

Have you taken a break though? For me, breaks just cause massive anxiety - but that didn't stop me from taking a week off. :roll:

I also have not yet taken a fully timed PT - I need to soon, probably will this week. TLS being motivating is a really good thing for me. I need it to reach my goals, I feel like.
yeah...currently on the third day of one. One of my best friends came back from working in the states and I used him being here as an excuse to avoid work. Gotta admit, taking breaks from the LSAT is the best and worst feeling at the same time. I totally relate to you on the anxiety front, it's killing me

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:05 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:08 am

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

longhorn65

Bronze

Post by longhorn65 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:18 am

mornincounselor wrote:Ideally I would like to do and review all the RC from 30-35 today. Let's see how it goes.
WOW that would be nice. Are you devoted to LSAT all day or do you work and so on?

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:31 am

Post removed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:37 am

mornincounselor wrote:
luke65 wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:Ideally I would like to do and review all the RC from 30-35 today. Let's see how it goes.
WOW that would be nice. Are you devoted to LSAT all day or do you work and so on?
At work currently. But it's a nice relaxing paralegal job and everyone understands my LSAT is coming up. When a task comes up I just pause the timer and return afterwards.
Jealous! I remember you mentioning that you went through a PT, marking up your process for answering each individual LR question. Did that help? Is this something you'd recommend?

Starting re-reading Manhattan LR this morning, per my post yesterday. It's boring. But, I figure, I'll only be solidifying everything I do already know, and maybe brushing up on a few skills that I haven't managed to integrate into my answer selection process on the PTs. Here's hoping!

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:54 am

luke65 wrote:
How do you review RC?

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:03 pm

Post removed.

jmjm

Bronze

Post by jmjm » Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:14 pm

mornincounselor wrote: One thing I've found very helpful, when between two choices, is beginning a post articulating what specifically about each choice made me think it was credited. By the time I have typed my entire thought process out I find that often I will have resolved my own uncertainty and I don't have to end up submitting the post at all.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

valen

Bronze

Post by valen » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:40 pm

How come this forum has been so quiet these past few days? Is everyone too busy studying? :)

longhorn65

Bronze

Post by longhorn65 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:49 pm

mornincounselor wrote:
luke65 wrote:
At work currently. But it's a nice relaxing paralegal job and everyone understands my LSAT is coming up. When a task comes up I just pause the timer and return afterwards.
Ha. That's how mine is but its a little more hectic then I can bare to study through. Maybe it will pay off.

bound

Silver

Post by bound » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:51 pm

For some weird reason, I suddenly got very very motivated today. :D

longhorn65

Bronze

Post by longhorn65 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:54 pm

bound wrote:For some weird reason, I suddenly got very very motivated today. :D
Hopefully I can "get very VERY motivated" today

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bound

Silver

Post by bound » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:05 pm

luke65 wrote:
Well, if it helps, I started thinking about how much I miss being in an academic setting and how I miss learning. It motivated me to get this studying going and get apps rolling!

jmjm

Bronze

Post by jmjm » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:13 pm

bound wrote:
luke65 wrote:
Well, if it helps, I started thinking about how much I miss being in an academic setting and how I miss learning. It motivated me to get this studying going and get apps rolling!
that's pretty much what motivates me atm. being in workforce for a long time has made me appreciate the academic environment even more.

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:15 pm

jmjm wrote:
bound wrote:
luke65 wrote:
that's pretty much what motivates me atm. being in workforce for a long time has made me appreciate the academic environment even more.
Sometimes I wonder if thats the reason why some schools prefer some working experience.

bound

Silver

Post by bound » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:21 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
jmjm wrote:
bound wrote:
luke65 wrote: Hopefully I can "get very VERY motivated" today
Sometimes I wonder if thats the reason why some schools prefer some working experience.

And the fact that we'll actually have something to talk about in an interview at OCI :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”