The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:09 am

schmelling

Silver

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by schmelling » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:30 am

Last edited by schmelling on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CocoSunshine

New

Post by CocoSunshine » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 am

It seems that Manhattan forum is down today :(

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:59 am

CocoSunshine wrote:It seems that Manhattan forum is down today :(
Thought my wifi was being awful. Never mind!

CFC1524

Bronze

Post by CFC1524 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:04 am

flash21 wrote:
CocoSunshine wrote:It seems that Manhattan forum is down today :(
Thought my wifi was being awful. Never mind!
It's working at the moment (for me, at least).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cavalier2015

Bronze

Post by cavalier2015 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:57 am

yup the forum is down for me too.

HRomanus

Silver

Post by HRomanus » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:04 pm

I know I've been studying too much for the LSAT because the only writing instruments I can find at my desk (work and home) are Ticonderoga Blacks.

vracovino

Bronze

Post by vracovino » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:12 pm

Sat down for PT 50 today and cannot be sure what happened. Didn't finish an entire RC passage with questions. Just couldn't read. Started the second section and was reading each stimulus twice as if I've never seen one before. I just threw down my pencil and gave up.

I got -10 on that RC section.

Is this burn out? I haven't even been going full force these last few days. I don't even know what the hell was going on today.

Toby Ziegler

Silver

Post by Toby Ziegler » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:14 pm

vracovino wrote:Sat down for PT 50 today and cannot be sure what happened. Didn't finish an entire RC passage with questions. Just couldn't read. Started the second section and was reading each stimulus twice as if I've never seen one before. I just threw down my pencil and gave up.

Is this burn out? I haven't even been going full force these last few days. I don't even know what the hell was going on today.
What's your schedule like? I take every Sunday off and I've only rage quit one PT haha. But in all seriousness the day to just hang out and not think about the LSAT is great. I think it really helps me stay sharp during the other 6 days.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vracovino

Bronze

Post by vracovino » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:16 pm

Toby Ziegler wrote:
vracovino wrote:Sat down for PT 50 today and cannot be sure what happened. Didn't finish an entire RC passage with questions. Just couldn't read. Started the second section and was reading each stimulus twice as if I've never seen one before. I just threw down my pencil and gave up.

What's your schedule like? I take every Sunday off and I've only rage quit one PT haha. But in all seriousness the day to just hang out and not think about the LSAT is great. I think it really helps me stay sharp during the other 6 days.
Now it's pretty much PT, review, drill a weakness, PT again. I'm afraid maybe I'm underexposing myself to questions now or something.

Edit: it used to be drill 50 LR, drill 6 games, drill a RC section. Every day.

Toby Ziegler

Silver

Post by Toby Ziegler » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:19 pm

vracovino wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:

Now it's pretty much PT, review, drill a weakness, PT again. I'm afraid maybe I'm underexposing myself to questions now or something.

Edit: it used to be drill 50 LR, drill 6 games, drill a RC section. Every day.
Try taking a day off. I think it will help significantly.

ETA: The thing I find when I take a day off is that it takes all of my discouragement away and gives me a renewed sense of urgency to work super hard the next day.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:06 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schmelling

Silver

Post by schmelling » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:29 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:11 pm

I just took PT50 and scored 5 points lower than any previous PT, so I feel your pain.

Toby Ziegler

Silver

Post by Toby Ziegler » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:03 pm

Just got dominated by SA questions. NA is pretty simple for me, but it seems that, for SA, I always narrow it down to 2 and select the wrong answer. Fighting the urge right now to just say, "I hope these don't show up next month." And move on. I am going to read the MLSAT guide again for SA questions.

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Post by gnomgnomuch » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:09 pm

mornincounselor wrote:I'm about a quarter of the way through these Defined/Moving Grouping Games. Is it just me or are these grouping games pretty difficult. Maybe I'm missing something fundamental and I need to take a second look through the LG Bible. I've watched 7Sage videos so much I'm starting to zone out while they are playing, one resource I've began experimenting with is Odyssey's Free Logic Game Videos. They have a thread in the Free Professional Advice Forum and they offer all the LG videos free on their website as well. From what I've seen (on PT 11 Game 4 "housing committee/tenants/homeowners) their instructor focuses on looking towards interchangeability of pieces up front and uses this to eliminate a number of choices. I'm going to watch more of these videos, it's always good to get an alternative explanation for some of these challenging games.

edit: I've watched a few more of his videos and it seems like he never (or maybe only very rarely) uses sub-game-boards. PT 11 Game 1 "eight camp counselors/swimming/tennis/volleyball" is a good illustration. He breaks done rules and uses the information in new-rule questions to write out new inferences instead of illustrating with multiple game boards.

I think I'm starting to like it this way as I often find it difficult to know when it's optimal to split into s-g-b's or just jump right to the questions, a method like this could alleviate that issue.

Def not you, those games are KILLER for me. I printed out all of them and just did them over and over again. For me the problem was that they were either very open ended - very few inferences at the start - or they were divided into like 4 or more board games. As long as your review your rules 2x after your initial diagram, you're not missing inferences, then you just have to jump into the questions. It's very paralyzing in a way.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:55 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

I just took PT50 and scored 5 points lower than any previous PT, so I feel your pain.
It's okay colonel just keep that chin up and practice cuz this is what practice is 4 even tho it's really disheartening sometimes sending you good vibes IRL buddy

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

schmelling

Silver

Post by schmelling » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:04 pm

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:30 pm

Toby Ziegler wrote:Just got dominated by SA questions. NA is pretty simple for me, but it seems that, for SA, I always narrow it down to 2 and select the wrong answer. Fighting the urge right now to just say, "I hope these don't show up next month." And move on. I am going to read the MLSAT guide again for SA questions.
This post from LSATBlog helped me understand SA he basically shows you that for SA for are a few frequently repeated patterns HTH :)

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/su ... -tips.html

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:22 pm

mornincounselor wrote:I'm about a quarter of the way through these Defined/Moving Grouping Games. Is it just me or are these grouping games pretty difficult. Maybe I'm missing something fundamental and I need to take a second look through the LG Bible. I've watched 7Sage videos so much I'm starting to zone out while they are playing, one resource I've began experimenting with is Odyssey's Free Logic Game Videos. They have a thread in the Free Professional Advice Forum and they offer all the LG videos free on their website as well. From what I've seen (on PT 11 Game 4 "housing committee/tenants/homeowners) their instructor focuses on looking towards interchangeability of pieces up front and uses this to eliminate a number of choices. I'm going to watch more of these videos, it's always good to get an alternative explanation for some of these challenging games.

edit: I've watched a few more of his videos and it seems like he never (or maybe only very rarely) uses sub-game-boards. PT 11 Game 1 "eight camp counselors/swimming/tennis/volleyball" is a good illustration. He breaks done rules and uses the information in new-rule questions to write out new inferences instead of illustrating with multiple game boards.

I think I'm starting to like it this way as I often find it difficult to know when it's optimal to split into s-g-b's or just jump right to the questions, a method like this could alleviate that issue.
you'll get the hang of when to split and when not to, trust me. I used to try to split everything, it was a disaster. you'll get a feel for the rules once you do these packages over a few times

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:39 pm

I've come across a few items removed from scoring on some old PTs, namely 45 and 46. Just curious why?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:50 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I've come across a few items removed from scoring on some old PTs, namely 45 and 46. Just curious why?
Bc sum1 challenged them and they were bad questions.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:18 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I've come across a few items removed from scoring on some old PTs, namely 45 and 46. Just curious why?
Thx bill I swear u always got da answers

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:46 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
Thx bill I swear u always got da answers
Ive been known 2 b called for.

Hope everyone is studying and not having fun.

Toby Ziegler

Silver

Post by Toby Ziegler » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:09 am

sashafierce wrote:
Toby Ziegler wrote:Just got dominated by SA questions. NA is pretty simple for me, but it seems that, for SA, I always narrow it down to 2 and select the wrong answer. Fighting the urge right now to just say, "I hope these don't show up next month." And move on. I am going to read the MLSAT guide again for SA questions.
This post from LSATBlog helped me understand SA he basically shows you that for SA for are a few frequently repeated patterns HTH :)

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/su ... -tips.html
As per usual, Sasha, you're the best.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”