The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:38 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Size 8 Arial Narrow is what's up
seeing a resume in size 8 font would b 180. i do f w the margins in mine tho so theres basically no top or bottom margin n the side margins r like .2"
One or more margins are set outside the printable area of the page, BillPackets.

Would be so funny if our computers started addressing us by our TLS handles

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:38 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:is 1 page. Spivey did a post about this recently, saying it doesn't need to be only 1, but I figure it can't hurt. Scary to see I can put all these years into a single page, and still have room to list some of the interests I used to have
K I'm looking for the Spivey post. I have had 4 big girl jobs and I want to talk about volunteer stuff too because apparently they care about that (a friend had lack of community service noted in a rejection letter).
http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/debunk ... sume-myth/

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:40 pm

smccgrey wrote:I want to talk about volunteer stuff too because apparently they care about that (a friend had lack of community service noted in a rejection letter).
this terrifies me.

ETA: not the thought of you doing volunteer stuff, but the rejection part

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:40 pm

BillPackets wrote:
rebexness wrote:
1 pg is probably TCR for KJDs, but 2 pgs is fine for people who have been jerb-having adults for some time.
r u backhandedly calling ppl who r'nt k-jd k-jd for suggesting the standard resume length of 1 page
nah boo.
Plz note that I didn't restrict 1pg resumes to KJD, but if u are KJD u prolly dnt wnt 2 go ovr that.
You could do 1 pg if u were old and had had few jerbs.
Or if u were old and played musical jerbs then 2 pgs is gud see Spivbros blog post

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:41 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:list some of the interests I used to have

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:43 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
smccgrey wrote:I want to talk about volunteer stuff too because apparently they care about that (a friend had lack of community service noted in a rejection letter).
this terrifies me.

OMG I wonder if some dimwit is going to put the Ice Bucket Challenge on there. That would be so funny and sad at the same time.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:44 pm

sfoglia wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:list some of the interests I used to have
grad school pretty much destroyed my interests. now I just like eating and drinking. but you can't list fish tacos and modelo especial in the interests section.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:44 pm

BillPackets wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
smccgrey wrote: One of my side jobs is editing people's cover letters and resumes (I mostly help foreign students). Though I think there are different standards for every country... ours are supposed to be about 2 pages - does this sound right to you guys?
2 pages is TTT
1 pg is probably TCR for KJDs, but 2 pgs is fine for people who have been jerb-having adults for some time.
r u backhandedly calling ppl who r'nt k-jd k-jd for suggesting the standard resume length of 1 page
There is no need for 2 PGs IMHO and I have work experience 2 years since college and still college internship on it, nobody is that special 1-3 years out

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:45 pm

there we go

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:45 pm

sfoglia wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
this terrifies me.

OMG I wonder if some dimwit is going to put the Ice Bucket Challenge on there. That would be so funny and sad at the same time.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:46 pm

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:47 pm

rebexness wrote:nah boo.
Plz note that I didn't restrict 1pg resumes to KJD, but if u are KJD u prolly dnt wnt 2 go ovr that.
Or if u were old and played musical jerbs then 2 pgs is gud see Spivbros blog post
thot grey posed the general q of how long a resume ought to b n outside of law admissions 1 pg is def TCR idk i could easily get two pages but idk if it would b worth it altho i do really want to put this secret shopper job i had on there even tho i only did it once for 10 hours

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:48 pm

BillPackets wrote:
rebexness wrote:nah boo.
thot grey posed the general q of how long a resume ought to b n outside of law admissions 1 pg is def TCR idk i could easily get two pages but idk if it would b worth it altho i do really want to put this secret shopper job i had on there even tho i only did it once for 10 hours
please elaborate

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Spivey wrote:And please don’t use razor-thin margins and 8pt. font to squeeze it all in to one page.
this really made me lol cuz we were just talkin bout doin it edit scooped by the spivester

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:48 pm

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote: 2 pages is TTT
There is no need for 2 PGs IMHO and I have work experience 2 years since college and still college internship on it, nobody is that special 1-3 years out
I'm a two-pager. And then I remember that I'm actually closer to five years out and I die a little bit inside.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:50 pm

BillPackets wrote:scooped by the spivester

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:51 pm

hereisonehand wrote:thot grey posed the general q of how long a resume ought to b n outside of law admissions 1 pg is def TCR idk i could easily get two pages but idk if it would b worth it altho i do really want to put this secret shopper job i had on there even tho i only did it once for 10 hours

please elaborate
well basically i got hired as a 'secret shopper' n they didnt really tell me wut the job entailed then i found out that i was going 2 b goin around 2 bars n restaurants n ordering drinks n seeing if ppl carded me n if they carded me they got a green card n if they didnt i gave them a red card n just so u guys kno it wasnt for the police jst some consortium of businesses that sign up 2 see if ppl r actually carding ppl n i only gave out 1 red card n the girl was really pissed i was like sorry but this is an ID compliance check n u didnt card me so i have to give u a red card n she was like "how f'ing old r u 35" i said no im no where near that n she was like "dont worry its cool....NOT"

edited for TTT quoting skills
Last edited by BillPackets on Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:52 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
rebexness wrote:
I'm a two-pager. And then I remember that I'm actually closer to five years out and I die a little bit inside.
Also everyone don't mind me I'll throw useless unwarranted advice on anything that's probably usually not correct

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Also everyone don't mind me I'll throw useless unwarranted advice on anything that's probably usually not correct

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:55 pm

Team vote please. Should I spend my lunch hour doing Difficult LG, Difficult RC, or Flaw LR? just go home so I can study for the LSAT for the rest of the day. Advise.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:56 pm

sfoglia wrote:Team vote please. Should I spend my lunch hour doing Difficult LG, Difficult RC, or Flaw LR? just go home so I can study for the LSAT for the rest of the day. Advise.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:56 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote: There is no need for 2 PGs IMHO and I have work experience 2 years since college and still college internship on it, nobody is that special 1-3 years out
Also everyone don't mind me I'll throw useless unwarranted advice on anything that's probably usually not correct
I believe that's correct advice, Colonel. Do you have wrinkles? Yes? You can have two pages.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:56 pm

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:57 pm

I'm going to attach photos of some of the kids wearing TOMs shoes that I basically bought for them

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”