The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:19 pm

BillPackets wrote:#LSAThurtin4asquirtin

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:41 pm

Hey new friends,

Since we all believe in the symbiosis between body and mind, let's list the things we're doing to keep ourselves in peak LSAT condition through the end of next month.

I'll start:

1. Abstaining from alcohol
2. Avoiding late-night $1 pizza binges
3. At least 30 mins of cardio (or 90 mins Bikram Yoga) per day
4. At least 8 hours of sleep per night

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:43 pm

Not touching alcohol, studying all 3 sections every day (never limiting myself), eating healthy, making sure the adderall supply is always steady

valen

Bronze

Post by valen » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:45 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:My biggest problem with PT'ing is figuring out where to print for free... At my school its .10 a page, so its literally like 4 bucks a test. I wanna go somewhere where theyre like sure print whatever the hell you want
This is one of the things I love about having a FT office job. Cambridge packets, PTs, whatever - it gets printed on the office printer fo freeeeee

valen

Bronze

Post by valen » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:49 pm

No more than 2 drinks/week
7+ hrs of sleep
"Meditation" (aka sitting quietly somewhere for 20 minutes)
No more than 2 hours of prep on 9/26

That's the plan anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:51 pm

GreenTee wrote: 1. Abstaining from alcohol
2. Avoiding late-night $1 pizza binges
3. At least 30 mins of cardio (or 90 mins Bikram Yoga) per day
4. At least 8 hours of sleep per night
Alcohol kills brain cells. Don't do it. Ever.
Pizza is delicious and there is no way I can consent to not eating pizza as it is a delicious source of calories.
Should probz do something with weights. But cardio is better than nothing.
Is it possible to get 8Hrs per night? I strive for that, usually end up around 6-7, feel good.
ilikebaseball wrote: making sure the adderall supply is always steady
do you have a scrip or...? jw if it actually helps with performance or if it's something you are accustomed to.

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:56 pm

BillPackets wrote: Should probz do something with weights. But cardio is better than nothing.
Is weight training better than cardio for boosting brainpower? I've always assumed the opposite.

Edit: Because grey matter
Last edited by GreenTee on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:00 pm

BillPackets wrote:
GreenTee wrote:
do you have a scrip or...? jw if it actually helps with performance or if it's something you are accustomed to.
Do not have one, but my gf does. I'd never condone illegal drug use.... but like holy shit I can't put study materials down when I use it. I said the other day I put in like 9 straight hours. I tried to stop at like 5, but I couldnt go to sleep in the focused mindstate that it put me in, so I just kept going. Its incredibly effective. When I first heard about it from friends studying for finals I was like "it makes you focus more? wtf does that mean? I can focus whenever I want to." Then I took it, and I never have felt the rush and feeling of "Get the fuck off facebook and read the stimulus" that it gave me.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:01 pm

GreenTee wrote:
BillPackets wrote: Should probz do something with weights. But cardio is better than nothing.
Is weight training better than cardio for boosting brainpower? I've always assumed the opposite.
Some of the smartest people ever known to exist are weightlifters of one sort or another (oly lifters, bb, etc. etc.) Cf. einstein (could snatch 315), Stephen Hawking (clean n jerk 405), the "govanata", George washington was known to deadlift dead british soldiers...max deadlift on a dead brit: 295, although it was speculated that he could have done much more but obesity wasnt a factor back then so he didn't have the weights to test his true 1RM.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:02 pm

BillPackets wrote:
GreenTee wrote:
Some of the smartest people ever known to exist are weightlifters of one sort or another (oly lifters, bb, etc. etc.) Cf. einstein (could snatch 315), Stephen Hawking (clean n jerk 405), the "govanata", George washington was known to deadlift dead british soldiers...max deadlift on a dead brit: 295, although it was speculated that he could have done much more but obesity wasnt a factor back then so he didn't have the weights to test his true 1RM.
hahahahah GW deadlifted dead soldiers? That's so fucking badass

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:04 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
GreenTee wrote:
Do not have one, but my gf does. I'd never condone illegal drug use.... but like holy shit I can't put study materials down when I use it. I said the other day I put in like 9 straight hours. I tried to stop at like 5, but I couldnt go to sleep in the focused mindstate that it put me in, so I just kept going. Its incredibly effective. When I first heard about it from friends studying for finals I was like "it makes you focus more? wtf does that mean? I can focus whenever I want to." Then I took it, and I never have felt the rush and feeling of "Get the fuck off facebook and read the stimulus" that it gave me.
SWIM has used adds for studying in the past, but not recently. this person told me they didn't think it helped them all that much, as like you, they didn't have problems studying or focusing. this person is also now studying for the lsat and reconsidering their position. this person condones all use of PEDs.

Toby Ziegler

Silver

Post by Toby Ziegler » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:05 pm

BillPackets wrote:
GreenTee wrote:
BAAHAHAHAHA. Oh, Bill. :lol:

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:10 pm

BillPackets wrote:
GreenTee wrote:
I sincerely wish I could meet you bill.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:11 pm

GreenTee wrote:

So basically: do a lot of different movements, including weights, and push yourself to point of vomiting at least once a week for maximum benefit.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:13 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I sincerely wish I could meet you bill.
BillPackets (alias bill packets, bill pack) is alive and well wherever there are proposed pieces of legislation in hard copy organized by bill number and being discussed that day in session. aka the etymology of bill packets

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 pm

BillPackets wrote:
GreenTee wrote:

So basically: do a lot of different movements, including weights, and push yourself to point of vomiting at least once a week for maximum benefit.
I vomited today from eating too much pad thai. Does that count?
Last edited by GreenTee on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:14 pm

BillPackets wrote:
GreenTee wrote:

I heard a pre LSAT aneurysm leads to a 2 point increase in score.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:15 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:I sincerely wish I could meet you bill.
BillPackets (alias bill packets, bill pack) is alive and well wherever there are proposed pieces of legislation in hard copy organized by bill number and being discussed that day in session. aka the etymology of bill packets
Oh man I did an internship with the state senate and never put the two together!

HRomanus

Silver

Post by HRomanus » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:18 pm

On the topic of avoiding alcohol untiL Sept 27: For when my girlfriend returns to the area this weekend, I bought her a bottle of wine and me a bottle of sparkling grape juice. #sacrificesfor180

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:20 pm

GreenTee wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
GreenTee wrote:

Yes because you pushed yourself to the PAD THAI LIMIT. BigPadThai

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:23 pm

HRomanus wrote:On the topic of avoiding alcohol untiL Sept 27: For when my girlfriend returns to the area this weekend, I bought her a bottle of wine and me a bottle of sparkling grape juice. #sacrificesfor180
Watch out for that carbonation, it may cause unintended inferences in in/out games.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:25 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
HRomanus wrote:On the topic of avoiding alcohol untiL Sept 27: For when my girlfriend returns to the area this weekend, I bought her a bottle of wine and me a bottle of sparkling grape juice. #sacrificesfor180
Watch out for that carbonation, it may cause unintended inferences in in/out games.
If i'm in a social situation where it would be embarrassing to not drink alcohol, should i get an o doul's on draft? Or should I say i'm using some other sort of drug so people won't think i'm weird for not doing drugs?

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:27 pm

BillPackets wrote:
BillPackets wrote: So basically: do a lot of different movements, including weights, and push yourself to point of vomiting at least once a week for maximum benefit.
GreenTee wrote: I vomited today from eating too much pad thai. Does that count?
It took a ton of metal stamina and emotional resolve to make it through that heaping plate of rice noodles.

Will report back re: effect on 5th section PT fatigue.
Last edited by GreenTee on Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:28 pm

GreenTee wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
BillPackets wrote: So basically: do a lot of different movements, including weights, and push yourself to point of vomiting at least once a week for maximum benefit.
It took a ton of metal stamina and emotional resolve to make it through that heaping plate of rice noodles.

Will report back re: effect on 5th section PT fatigue.[/quote]

Did you get the sweats?

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:29 pm

valen wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:My biggest problem with PT'ing is figuring out where to print for free... At my school its .10 a page, so its literally like 4 bucks a test. I wanna go somewhere where theyre like sure print whatever the hell you want
This is one of the things I love about having a FT office job. Cambridge packets, PTs, whatever - it gets printed on the office printer fo freeeeee
OMG your tar :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”