The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:40 pm

Not sure why I'm arbitrarily being cheap now, but is there a list somewhere of games included in the "Difficult" Cambridge bundle?

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:42 pm

On my 15 minute break now. Took the time to grade the first 3 (that considered cheating? Whatever) and I've only missed one so far. Probably just jinxed myself but thats probs a record for me. Havent seen RC though...

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:46 pm

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 pm

BillPackets wrote: Other WE includes unemployment.

valen

Bronze

Post by valen » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:55 pm

2 years out of UG working FT in vendor relationship/contract management and supply chain negotiation + (a pretty worthless) MA in intl bizniss

Hoping these two things help cover up for my horseshit UG GPA

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Superstaranonymous

New

Post by Superstaranonymous » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:11 pm

Last edited by Superstaranonymous on Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Last edited by Hand on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:29 pm

Lol, I feel old. 11 years out of UG. Worked in rural SE Asia setting up clinics for a year; got an MPH; HIV counseling for a bit; sold my soul and worked in finance for 7 years; currently in an Eat/Pray/Love/unemployment phase. Wondering how adcomms will look at my personal narrative. Also, I signed up for the LSAT 5 years ago but was too scared to leave my job at the time.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:37 pm

lsat_hopefull wrote:Has anyone on here used any of the resources or services provided by odyssey test prep? I am getting underway with a major study effort and their rep on here has been really helpful so far. Should I go with these guys and start spending money?
I haven't signed up for courses or tutoring, but I have been using their LG videos; I think their explanations are a lot more thorough than some of the competing videos. And, if their representative is any indication of the quality of their courses, I'd imagine them to be incredibly strong. He's been so helpful to me. A little bit in love with him.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:58 pm

SupreprepC S3 Q16 Principle Conform question

So the principle was

Act Responsibly-----> Use Accurate and Complete Info

The explanation is saying we don't know what guarantees that someone "Acted Responsibly" so you can eliminate any answer choice that conclude that. We only know what is required so we can deduce:

Did not use Accurate or Complete info----> Did not Act Responsibly

(The contrapositive of the principle)

I understand that BUT my question is if the Principle was

Use Accurate and Complete Info---> Act Responsibly

In this case we know what guarantees that someone Acted Responsibly so we can make a judgement of someone "Acted Responsibly". However, can we make any judgements about someone Not Acting Responsibly i.e the contrapositive?

Not Act Responsibly-----> Did not use Accurate or Complete Info

I am assuming the answer is NO because we do not know what guarantees that someone did Not Act Responsibly.. Arghhh these questions are so frustrating sometimes :x
Last edited by sashafierce on Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:00 pm

sfoglia wrote:
lsat_hopefull wrote:Has anyone on here used any of the resources or services provided by odyssey test prep? I am getting underway with a major study effort and their rep on here has been really helpful so far. Should I go with these guys and start spending money?
I haven't signed up for courses or tutoring, but I have been using their LG videos; I think their explanations are a lot more thorough than some of the competing videos. And, if their representative is any indication of the quality of their courses, I'd imagine them to be incredibly strong. He's been so helpful to me. A little bit in love with him.
His question strategies are Really Good. I am hoping to the first Odyssey LG course success story :oops:

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:01 pm

BillPackets wrote:I have a worthless MA, am 3ish years out of UG. Currently a middle school librarian. Other WE includes unemployment.
What do you have? I'm English, four years out from undergraduate study.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:04 pm

sashafierce wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
His question strategies are Really Good. I am hoping to the first Odyssey LG course success story :oops:
Yay! :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:13 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BillPackets wrote:I have a worthless MA, am 3ish years out of UG. Currently a middle school librarian. Other WE includes unemployment.
What do you have? I'm English, four years out from undergraduate study.
Poli sci. Thot I wanted to be a prof until I found out that grad school was dumb.

I'm not sure what you mean by "I'm English"? Are you saying you're British?

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi guys would like some feed back. How do you determine which games you will fool proof? For example, if you miss one while drilling will you fool proof the game? I've got a few games here where I got them done in time but ended up missing just one question, not sure if fool proofing would be overkill

Superstaranonymous

New

Post by Superstaranonymous » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:25 pm

Last edited by Superstaranonymous on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:26 pm

flash21 wrote:Hi guys would like some feed back. How do you determine which games you will fool proof? For example, if you miss one while drilling will you fool proof the game? I've got a few games here where I got them done in time but ended up missing just one question, not sure if fool proofing would be overkill
Wtf is fool proofing a game

I'm apt to say fool proof all them muhfukkas

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Superstaranonymous

New

Post by Superstaranonymous » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:27 pm

Last edited by Superstaranonymous on Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:31 pm

BillPackets wrote:
flash21 wrote:Hi guys would like some feed back. How do you determine which games you will fool proof? For example, if you miss one while drilling will you fool proof the game? I've got a few games here where I got them done in time but ended up missing just one question, not sure if fool proofing would be overkill

lol lol...its the 7sage method for getting better at LG, you basically print out 10 copies of any games that wre difficult for you, you look at the 7sage game explanation and then you do the game over and over again until you can make the same inference from the video without even thinking about it.

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:39 pm

sashafierce wrote:lol lol...its the 7sage method for getting better at LG, you basically print out 10 copies of any games that wre difficult for you, you look at the 7sage game explanation and then you do the game over and over again until you can make the same inference from the video without even thinking about it.
I love 7sage and it has been invaluable in my prep for logic games. Almost as much as the Powerscore Bible, it has given me the tools and confidence to succeed. But that kind of suggestion seems like a complete waste of time. If you have any kind of memory - and I assume good LSAT scorers typically do - you'll remember the key inferences and questions, so you're just wasting time doing it over and over again. If you're on a six month or longer study plan, that's fine. If studying is your full time job, that's fine. But for the rest of us, our time to prep is severely limited.

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:46 pm

BJS wrote:
sashafierce wrote:lol lol...its the 7sage method for getting better at LG, you basically print out 10 copies of any games that wre difficult for you, you look at the 7sage game explanation and then you do the game over and over again until you can make the same inference from the video without even thinking about it.
I love 7sage and it has been invaluable in my prep for logic games. Almost as much as the Powerscore Bible, it has given me the tools and confidence to succeed. But that kind of suggestion seems like a complete waste of time. If you have any kind of memory - and I assume good LSAT scorers typically do - you'll remember the key inferences and questions, so you're just wasting time doing it over and over again. If you're on a six month or longer study plan, that's fine. If studying is your full time job, that's fine. But for the rest of us, our time to prep is severely limited.
I feel you on that....although I think there is some benefit to doing over some games 3-5 times over a period of time to ensure that you understand the game and how to attack it in the most efficient manner.

Here is a link to his explanation for using the Fool Proof Method

http://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-s ... gic-games/

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:47 pm

Fix by adding problems... what are these? apparently i have a problem

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:47 pm

sashafierce wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

lol lol...its the 7sage method for getting better at LG, you basically print out 10 copies of any games that wre difficult for you, you look at the 7sage game explanation and then you do the game over and over again until you can make the same inference from the video without even thinking about it.
I forgot that's what he called it.

I mean, probably did every game from 1-39 like 5x. 10 seems excessive. And I spaced them out. If you had real probz, I would so it at least 4x

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:52 pm

sashafierce wrote:I feel you on that....although I think there is some benefit to doing over some games 3-5 times over a period of time to ensure that you understand the game and how to attack it in the most efficient manner.

Here is a link to his explanation for using the Fool Proof Method

http://7sage.com/how-to-get-a-perfect-s ... gic-games/
I work through a game once and score it. If I went -0 and didn't have any problems with it or finished with plenty of time, I'll review it in under five minutes to catch any things I could improve on. If I missed something (not a random mistake), had difficulty, or thought it was weird, I'll watch the 7sage video explanation. After watching the first five mintues or so, I've gotten a grasp on the inferences or diagramming structure I missed, so I'll go back and redo the game on my own, then finish the 7sage video.

It's been effective, since I haven't missed more than 3 on LG section since I started PTing. I do at least one LG a day with this method to stay sharp.

Some people can not work at all before the LSAT. Some days (like all of them this week), I wish I was one. But it just means I have to fit the same kind of study needs into a much smaller window, which means a lot of these high-drilling, high-PTing strategies are inefficient.

boris09

New

Post by boris09 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Was looking forward to making this post ever since I finished this past PT yesterday!

PT 56
LG: 18/25 (umm..stupid table sofa recliner game lmao)
LR1: 19/25 (meh...it happens)
LR2: 23/25 (tied for my highest LR score)
RC: 23/27 (highest RC score ever)

165!!!

Analysis: Very surprising result. My previous PT scores have been 162, 161, and 160. All of these tests i've been averaging around 77-79 correct answer choices, so this bump all the way up to 83 correct answer choices and a new high is quite pleasant. However, the most surprising part of this test is that i thought i destroyed the first two sections, and that i got pummeled on the last two...especially RC, which i had to quickly go to a loud tim hortons to write it during my 15 minute break since the library was closing. ALSO, this was my highest RC score as well!

All in all, i'm very happy to know that i have the capability of doing well on this test. I'm going to take this score with a grain of salt though, since i have yet to produce or reproduce similar work. I'm just hoping that I can get anything over 160 for this september writing, and then re-write to aim for that 170 in december

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”