The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BJS

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by BJS » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:U don't know what you got til it's gone so u can't know what you like Til u leave
TLS is phenomenal in personal statement help, choosing between schools, and following admissions decisions.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:50 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Turn up with Colonel_crunk!

@Grey My hubby, during his early, untrained days, took me on a "surprise winter getaway" to Montreal. We spent most of it with the huddled masses in the underground mall/city. (Au Pied de Cochon and the jazz saved our relationship, though.) So you're saying it's not always like that.
there is an underground city? I should visit, to prepare for the post-nuclear future

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:02 pm

smccgrey wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
Louis1127 wrote:Thanks for your willingness to help on my last question, everyone.

I should have been more clear in my question.

If a ARGUMENT says that "Doctors always treat disease x the wrong way, and Timmy had disease X, doctors will treat Timmy for disease X the wrong way", and the argument asks for a flaw, could you say that the argument assumes that the future will be like the past? what if doctors get smarter or better technology or something?

Or, since the stimulus says that doctors always treat this disease the wrong way- and that is what the argument says- that is the way it is, and we do not question the truth of premises.

Now I am leaning that it may be a flaw.

Either way, holy shit this is a morbid example I just made up.
No flaw. If it says "Doctors have always" then it would be the flaw you mentioned. But since doctors always dick up, they will dick up and kill Timmy, most certainly.
The assumption is that Timmy is going to get medical attention... Timmy might know how fucked up those doctors are and just STAY HOME.
Thanks ladies!

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:02 pm

i had to post this to get my post count off 666 so the devil doesn't kill me on my drive home today

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 pm

BJS wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:U don't know what you got til it's gone so u can't know what you like Til u leave
TLS is phenomenal in personal statement help, choosing between schools, and following admissions decisions.
I agree 100%

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:12 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BJS wrote:
I agree 100%

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:13 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Turn up with Colonel_crunk!

@Grey My hubby, during his early, untrained days, took me on a "surprise winter getaway" to Montreal. We spent most of it with the huddled masses in the underground mall/city. (Au Pied de Cochon and the jazz saved our relationship, though.) So you're saying it's not always like that.
there is an underground city? I should visit, to prepare for the post-nuclear future
My experience of it in December felt very Children of Men, so yeah, that sounds like good prep for an apocalyptic event. Not to trash your city, Grey! We were just idiot tourists who thought we'd be immune to winter, coming from NYC :-P

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:16 pm

totes made the coolest thing ever.

So we had to work on Saturday morning. Knocked on my roommate's door to wake him up, and out comes this ratchet hoe with hair all ova da place. She was like sup, and walked out. My roommate said "i guess I gotta give her a ride home." So I said alright and waited.

He came back and I said damn how'd she get here last night? He was embarrassed (not the best looking one of the bunch) and said "I don't even remember her coming in. I just gave her our address if she needed it and she got here at like 4 30." So I said okay and never really thought about it for like 5 hours. But then...it hit me.

"The ratchet hoe with hair all ova da place came in at 4 30, apparently by herself. But yet, she needed a ride home in the morning. She could have gotten a ride from her friends, but that doesn't make sense. "Hey will you drive me over to this guys apartment cuz im dtf tonight but ive never met him." No friend would do that. So, my roommate must've snuck out and picked her up himself.

THE FUCKING ASSUMPTION I MADE WAS THAT HE LIED. DONT FUCK WITH ME LSAC I GOT YOUR SHIT DOWN

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:21 pm

#lsatIRL
<3 you, baseball. You're like Elle Woods, only with ratchet hoes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:22 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote: You're like Elle Woods
dont be silly. im not getting into harvard

schmelling

Silver

Post removed.

Post by schmelling » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:24 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by schmelling on Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:28 pm

It gets ratch ITT

chimera

Bronze

Post by chimera » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:39 pm

got rekt my pt70 RC
misbubbled two questions
thinking: wtf is up with RC scores swinging low to high
thinking: this shouldn't be hard; read and comprehend

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:41 pm

chimera wrote:got rekt my pt70 RC
misbubbled two questions
So….what did you end up with? :| If its not a secret.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:41 pm

chimera wrote:misbubbled two questions
misbubbling be the death of me

kpormir

New

Post by kpormir » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Hey guys, long time lurker at TLS but this is my first actual post. Thought maybe I'd reach out to you guys for some help in overcoming mental anxiety before the exam.

Just some background info: I'm planning on retaking this month, with my first score being a 168 on the Dec 2013 exam. I'm retaking because on my practice tests I typically scored within the 171-173 range, with a high of 176. I know that going from 168 to 171 is not a significant jump, but in my case I really want at least a chance at HYS, and that notwithstanding, I do have a rather large non-lawschool based incentive to hit at least a 170.

That being said, my last two practice exams (59 and 70), which I took yesterday and today, were both dismal compared to my average scores. Yesterday I was so frustrated that by the fourth section I didn't even bother to finish. This morning I've finished practice test 70 and scored a 166, the lowest score I've had since restarting PT'ing last June. As an extra kick in the gut, LG was my worst section (I missed FIVE, whereas normally I'll miss 0-2). Further, this is my second time taking this particular exam; the first time was about a year ago, where I scored a 173.

Apologies for the rant, but I'm at a loss. If it was just one test I'd write it off as an outlier score, but the fact that it's two tests in a row, and that previously I scored much higher on both of them, tells me that it's a mental thing. So does anyone else have any experience with this and want to toss in their two cents? I can't be the only one, right? pls don't let me be the only one. :(

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:49 pm

accessislife wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
accessislife wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:Also, still feeling like a neglected child!
I have PT's 67-72 to do before the exam. Should I do one every day this week to get through them all, or just pick 3 of them and space them out? If I space them out, any of them more difficult than the rest?
IMHO the 70s are different enough from the late 60s that you should get those in under the wire if Sept is your main shot
Regardless of what you do, don't take a PT every day though, that sounds like absolute overkill

oops - agree do the 3 spaced out - otherwise you won't have enough time to review and retain why you got qs wrong
Thanks for the advice everyone :D

What's everyone doing next week leading up to the exam? 3 exams the Monday/Wed/Fri? Exams Tues/Thurs? Mon/Wed? No exams? Withdrawing? Sleeping a week straight?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

chimera

Bronze

Post by chimera » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:51 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
chimera wrote:got rekt my pt70 RC
misbubbled two questions
So….what did you end up with? :| If its not a secret.
On the whole test? 166. Kind of killed me after hitting a high score on Saturday.

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:55 pm

kpormir wrote:Hey guys, long time lurker at TLS but this is my first actual post. Thought maybe I'd reach out to you guys for some help in overcoming mental anxiety before the exam.

Just some background info: I'm planning on retaking this month, with my first score being a 168 on the Dec 2013 exam. I'm retaking because on my practice tests I typically scored within the 171-173 range, with a high of 176. I know that going from 168 to 171 is not a significant jump, but in my case I really want at least a chance at HYS, and that notwithstanding, I do have a rather large non-lawschool based incentive to hit at least a 170.

That being said, my last two practice exams (59 and 70), which I took yesterday and today, were both dismal compared to my average scores. Yesterday I was so frustrated that by the fourth section I didn't even bother to finish. This morning I've finished practice test 70 and scored a 166, the lowest score I've had since restarting PT'ing last June. As an extra kick in the gut, LG was my worst section (I missed FIVE, whereas normally I'll miss 0-2). Further, this is my second time taking this particular exam; the first time was about a year ago, where I scored a 173.

Apologies for the rant, but I'm at a loss. If it was just one test I'd write it off as an outlier score, but the fact that it's two tests in a row, and that previously I scored much higher on both of them, tells me that it's a mental thing. So does anyone else have any experience with this and want to toss in their two cents? I can't be the only one, right? pls don't let me be the only one. :(
Maybe it's just exhaustion/stress? When I was feeling overwhelmed and saw a decline in my scores, I just took a step back, let myself breathe, read something outside of LSAT, and only did a few logic games or a few LR questions. You can do it!

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:56 pm

Louis1127 wrote:i had to post this to get my post count off 666 so the devil doesn't kill me on my drive home today

:lol: :lol: :lol: Superstitious much??? That is something that I would do :oops:

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:totes made the coolest thing ever.

So we had to work on Saturday morning. Knocked on my roommate's door to wake him up, and out comes this ratchet hoe with hair all ova da place. She was like sup, and walked out. My roommate said "i guess I gotta give her a ride home." So I said alright and waited.

He came back and I said damn how'd she get here last night? He was embarrassed (not the best looking one of the bunch) and said "I don't even remember her coming in. I just gave her our address if she needed it and she got here at like 4 30." So I said okay and never really thought about it for like 5 hours. But then...it hit me.

"The ratchet hoe with hair all ova da place came in at 4 30, apparently by herself. But yet, she needed a ride home in the morning. She could have gotten a ride from her friends, but that doesn't make sense. "Hey will you drive me over to this guys apartment cuz im dtf tonight but ive never met him." No friend would do that. So, my roommate must've snuck out and picked her up himself.

THE FUCKING ASSUMPTION I MADE WAS THAT HE LIED. DONT FUCK WITH ME LSAC I GOT YOUR SHIT DOWN
gonna go ahead and nominate this for best post ever ITT

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kpormir

New

Post by kpormir » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:04 pm

ErgoSum wrote:
kpormir wrote:Hey guys, long time lurker at TLS but this is my first actual post. Thought maybe I'd reach out to you guys for some help in overcoming mental anxiety before the exam.

Maybe it's just exhaustion/stress? When I was feeling overwhelmed and saw a decline in my scores, I just took a step back, let myself breathe, read something outside of LSAT, and only did a few logic games or a few LR questions. You can do it!
Hey, thanks! And yeah, I may do that. I'll admit I've been feeling "off" these past two weeks after getting sick at the beginning of Sept. I think I'll just take a breather and go do something non-educational, maybe take another PT on Thursday to see if that helps.

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Top scorers: For Necessary Assumption questions when your down to two answer choices i.e. the necessary assumption v.s. the sufficient assumption.How do you go about identifying the correct answer? I know the negation test is TCR for necessary assumption questions but I sometimes find it difficult to apply when deciding between an answer choices that is required (i.e. the correct answer) and an answer choice that is sufficient to guarantee the conclusion (i.e. the sufficient assumption)

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:41 pm

sashafierce wrote:Top scorers: For Necessary Assumption questions when your down to two answer choices i.e. the necessary assumption v.s. the sufficient assumption.How do you go about identifying the correct answer? I know the negation test is TCR for necessary assumption questions but I sometimes find it difficult to apply when deciding between an answer choices that is required (i.e. the correct answer) and an answer choice that is sufficient to guarantee the conclusion (i.e. the sufficient assumption)
How often do u come across that

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:53 pm

BillPackets wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:totes made the coolest thing ever.

gonna go ahead and nominate this for best post ever ITT
That's saying a hell of a lot

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”