The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sfoglia

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:46 am

ilikebaseball wrote:Bro I'm so fucking pissed about this mono thing. Gah damn. Swear I'm not a vagina guys, but I literally can't get out of bed. It literally feels like i have a huge weight on my chest. I cant even sit up man. Freakin student athlete reduced to a senior citizen. Not to mention I cant even swallow right now cuz my tonsils are likely the size of elephantitis balls, so I got all of 0 minutes of sleep. What a setback. Had a PT scheduled today but thats out the window
Get yourself to a clinic and see if they can give you a corticosteroid to reduce the swelling and suppress your immune reaction. You can't be sick like that right now. LSAT is in sixteen days.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:50 am

Baseball if u die I'll start a memorial telethon and send some asshole to UT For free

But in all seriousness that sucks get better

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:52 am

sfoglia wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:Bro I'm so fucking pissed about this mono thing. Gah damn. Swear I'm not a vagina guys, but I literally can't get out of bed. It literally feels like i have a huge weight on my chest. I cant even sit up man. Freakin student athlete reduced to a senior citizen. Not to mention I cant even swallow right now cuz my tonsils are likely the size of elephantitis balls, so I got all of 0 minutes of sleep. What a setback. Had a PT scheduled today but thats out the window
Get yourself to a clinic and see if they can give you a corticosteroid to reduce the swelling and suppress your immune reaction. You can't be sick like that right now. LSAT is in sixteen days.
At least sum1 ITTA can give u helpful advice

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:14 am

took PT64 yesterday and got a 171. -0 on Games and bombed the first LR for some reason ;'[

Feel especially unmotivated today. pls halp

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:16 am

ErgoSum wrote:took PT64 yesterday and got a 171. -0 on Games and bombed the first LR for some reason ;'[

whats bombing lr look like?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:20 am

BillPackets wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:took PT64 yesterday and got a 171. -0 on Games and bombed the first LR for some reason ;'[

Yes, let's discuss. I'm feeling very LSAT today.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:22 am

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:23 am

BillPackets wrote:

Something like
LR1: -6
LG: - 0
LR2: -2
RC: -4

I was averaging at most -2 on most other LR sections ;'[ D'; T.t :cry:

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:25 am

ErgoSum wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Something like

Was there a particular question type?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:26 am

smccgrey wrote:

was it tiredness/haziness? do you need a break maybe? I've found that sometimes I make more silly mistakes if I haven't warmed up properly.

It might be tiredness/laziness... When I blind reviewed I went up to a 178, only missing one or two of the LR's in total that I originally incorrectly did the first time.

I feel like I'm just suffering from overall LSAT exhaustion, if that's even possible. Inb4 grey hairs

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:27 am

ErgoSum wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Something like

i kno that -8/9 overall lr feel when i miss the vast majority of ur Qs on 1 section. on the upside u still got out above 170

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:28 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Something like

Was there a particular question type?
Something like 4 or 5 were MSS. Was going to go through a packet today/tomorrow

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:28 am

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:32 am

smccgrey wrote:
ErgoSum wrote: I feel like I'm just suffering from overall LSAT exhaustion, if that's even possible. Inb4 grey hairs
lol LSAT exhaustion is definitely real life.

I have found a grey hair. Not even a joke. I was kind of hoping it would develop into a majestic streak of grey at my temple so that I would look wise and mysterious, but no dice.
--ImageRemoved--

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:33 am

It has to be careless reading or not being fully awake, because I finish LR with ~10 minutes and am able to go back over those I wasn't 100% on. I've been getting up at 6am for the past 2 or 3 weeks to accustom myself to being mentally awake and prepared by 8am, but I'm still feeling pretty tired most days. Heading to bed by 11pm, too. Maybe I'm just in a psychological rut... Who knows.. I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself to get over 175, because I know I can do it, but I've been stuck below 173. Have to stop wearing myself down about it

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:43 am

ErgoSum wrote:It has to be careless reading or not being fully awake, because I finish LR with ~10 minutes and am able to go back over those I wasn't 100% on. I've been getting up at 6am for the past 2 or 3 weeks to accustom myself to being mentally awake and prepared by 8am, but I'm still feeling pretty tired most days. Heading to bed by 11pm, too. Maybe I'm just in a psychological rut... Who knows.. I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself to get over 175, because I know I can do it, but I've been stuck below 173. Have to stop wearing myself down about it
i think sometimes being afraid that ill fail keeps me from doing well

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:43 am

ErgoSum wrote:It has to be careless reading or not being fully awake, because I finish LR with ~10 minutes and am able to go back over those I wasn't 100% on. I've been getting up at 6am for the past 2 or 3 weeks to accustom myself to being mentally awake and prepared by 8am, but I'm still feeling pretty tired most days. Heading to bed by 11pm, too. Maybe I'm just in a psychological rut... Who knows.. I've been putting a lot of pressure on myself to get over 175, because I know I can do it, but I've been stuck below 173. Have to stop wearing myself down about it
I'd recommend trying to get in bed even earlier than that, if you can. I've been getting up at 6, but I'm in bed by 9:45 - 10. The LSAT requires a lot more mental energy than a regular day in the life. So even if you typically don't need a full 8 hours to function at your best, you might need it for this. Just a thought.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:46 am

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:48 am

GreenTee wrote: I'd recommend trying to get in bed even earlier than that, if you can. I've been getting up at 6, but I'm in bed by 9:45 - 10. The LSAT requires a lot more mental energy than a regular day in the life. So even if you typically don't need a full 8 hours to function at your best, you might need it for this. Just a thought.
Speaking of more mental energy... Has anyone even bothered to practice the essay? Pretty concerned that by the end of the test I'll just be, like, dumb.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:49 am

smccgrey wrote: douchenozzle
ive never heard that variant on douche b4 this thread but its 180

also i have to fly home tomorrow bc my fiancees best friend is getting married. her flight leaves at like 9 am and mine leaves at like 3. basically im going 2 take a pt at the airport bc i will have no time to do so this weekend

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:50 am

GreenTee wrote:
I'd recommend trying to get in bed even earlier than that, if you can. I've been getting up at 6, but I'm in bed by 9:45 - 10. The LSAT requires a lot more mental energy than a regular day in the life. So even if you typically don't need a full 8 hours to function at your best, you might need it for this. Just a thought.

You are probably right, actually. 8hrs of sleep incoming

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:51 am

And, yes, with everyone else on the don't worry about this LR fiasco but also generally try to calm down approach.

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:53 am

smccgrey wrote:I understand this. I wrote a PT a few weeks back when I was sick and exhausted, went -5 on LG and got a 173, and nearly cried because my average is 175. I know this makes me a douchenozzle, but there is a lot of pressure on us to do our best, and underperforming, even in practice, is stressful.

Just take it easy and make sure you're eating enough.
<3
the feels

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:53 am

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:53 am

BillPackets wrote:
smccgrey wrote: douchenozzle
ive never heard that variant on douche b4 this thread but its 180

also i have to fly home tomorrow bc my fiancees best friend is getting married. her flight leaves at like 9 am and mine leaves at like 3. basically im going 2 take a pt at the airport bc i will have no time to do so this weekend
I'm going to an art opening tomorrow with a friend - the first social activity I've scheduled in over a month - and she was like, "Drinks?" Tried to convince myself that I could have just one, but, nope. No way I'm going to have even a sip of a beer before Saturday morning's PT. Just ginger ale for me.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”