The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:35 pm

sfoglia wrote:Taking a PT today. DO NOT WANT.

I have exactly four PTs left that I can take until test day. (Thanks fucking full time job.) That means that if I don't score like 174+ on this one, I won't be writing on the 27th. I have about 2% confidence that I will be able to make that score.
Good luck sfogs, we want u to write

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:35 pm

BillPackets wrote:

I have exactly four PTs left that I can take until test day. (Thanks fucking full time job.) That means that if I don't score like 174+ on this one, I won't be writing on the 27th. I have about 2% confidence that I will be able to make that score.
Uve been goin up up up no reason to b scared don't fall into a self fulfilling prophecy re LSAT
Negatory. I'm 169, 169, 166, 165, 169, 172, 167.

I'm pretty sure I just looked at that list of scores and thought to myself, "LOLOLOL you should just stay in bed today and eat chocolates."

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:41 pm

BillPackets wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
smccgrey wrote:I'm sick....fffffuccckkkk

Not mono, so I can't complain. Also I have enough time to get better, HOPEFULLY.

Good luck to everyone PTing today!
OMG, feel better soon. :( :(

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:44 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Uve been goin up up up no reason to b scared don't fall into a self fulfilling prophecy re LSAT
Negatory. I'm 169, 169, 166, 165, 169, 172, 167.

I'm pretty sure I just looked at that list of scores and thought to myself, "LOLOLOL you should just stay in bed today and eat chocolates."
Sfogs, it looks like you're just breaking through the plateau. Don't give up! And don't let anxiety and self-doubt take away those precious points. Go Cather on the motherfucker. <3

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:48 pm

Get well soon fogs!

Nyquil is wonderful! Although don't drink too much of it, one time my grandad drank too much, got drunk on it, and tried to climb our roof before mom stopped him. So don't do that.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Louis1127 wrote:Get well soon fogs!

Nyquil is wonderful! Although don't drink too much of it, one time my grandad drank too much, got drunk on it, and tried to climb our roof before mom stopped him. So don't do that.
This is hilarious

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:50 pm

This is a hilarious/super wholesome story. I'll admit that at first (because of your Tar), I imagined you as a family of cats, and that was also super cute.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:51 pm

That's a funny story

grey is sick not fogs kinda confusing from the quotes

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:52 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote: Sfogs, it looks like you're just breaking through the plateau. Don't give up! And don't let anxiety and self-doubt take away those precious points. Go Cather on the motherfucker. <3
Cather was such a badass bitch.

Okay, I'm going to make lunch and then do a few LG and a dozen LR and take this PT. I will report back soon...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:53 pm

sfoglia wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote: Sfogs, it looks like you're just breaking through the plateau. Don't give up! And don't let anxiety and self-doubt take away those precious points. Go Cather on the motherfucker. <3
Cather was such a badass bitch.

Okay, I'm going to make lunch and then do a few LG and a dozen LR and take this PT. I will report back soon...
Good luck fogs

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:56 pm

PT 69 -
S1 (PT32 S2 RC): -0
S2 LR1: -1
S3 LG: -0
S4 (PT32 S3 LG): -1
S5 RC: -1
S6 LR2: -0

Only two more PTs left in my schedule (although plenty more left on the table, unfortunately) - PT72 next Saturday and PT 71 next Sunday. I may add in another PT on next Thursday, because I have Thursday and Friday off. Any suggestions as far as this goes? Should I just drill on those days?

I hate that everyone is getting sick! I'm still recovering from the cold I got two weeks ago, so I've been downing OJ, Vitamin C pills, and water. Actually I've been cheating on my PTs by drinking a cup of water after each section and going to the BR if I have time left during a section. I can't conceive of being sick on test day.

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:03 pm

BillPackets wrote: Good luck fogs
BJS wrote:PT 69 -
S1 (PT32 S2 RC): -0
S2 LR1: -1
S3 LG: -0
S4 (PT32 S3 LG): -1
S5 RC: -1
S6 LR2: -0
You're a stone cold killah, BJS.

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:17 pm

PT66. Here goes nothin'. Good luck to y'all out there!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:49 pm

Good look!!! We know you can do it!

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:55 pm

Why set that requirement for this PT? Honestly curious. What's your target score on the real test?

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:40 pm

PT 6fo today, see how this goes.

Still have the fucking mono. Whoever said this virus was child's play was fucking wrong. This shit is brutal.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:48 pm

BJS wrote:

Why set that requirement for this PT? Honestly curious. What's your target score on the real test?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:09 pm

Sorry, I meant get well soon, Grey, and mistyped.

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:53 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:

How'd the PT go? What's the lowest score you'd be acceptable with on the real test?

churrochi

New

Post by churrochi » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Lurker here also taking the Sept. LSAT with a quick question: what would you have to make of a wide variance in how many LR questions I get wrong in a section? I score anywhere between -1 to -10 (with -4/-6 being the average). I'm assuming it's dependent on what percentage of a given section is made up of questions I'm weak/strong at, but does anyone have any input? Ways to best address this also welcome. I'm drilling question types and sections on my days in between PTs (taking one every other day until the LSAT pretty much), but I'd love to hear of any alternatives as well.

13 more days guys!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:21 pm

churrochi wrote:Lurker here also taking the Sept. LSAT with a quick question: what would you have to make of a wide variance in how many LR questions I get wrong in a section? I score anywhere between -1 to -10 (with -4/-6 being the average). I'm assuming it's dependent on what percentage of a given section is made up of questions I'm weak/strong at, but does anyone have any input? Ways to best address this also welcome. I'm drilling question types and sections on my days in between PTs (taking one every other day until the LSAT pretty much), but I'd love to hear of any alternatives as well.

13 more days guys!
Review is the only CR here review review review reviewing is going 2 do u more good than taking a bunch of PTs

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:23 pm

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:

Do you have sub-par GPA to overcome? I'm shooting for a 174 minimum, but I have no GPA.

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:25 pm

churrochi wrote:Lurker here also taking the Sept. LSAT with a quick question: what would you have to make of a wide variance in how many LR questions I get wrong in a section? I score anywhere between -1 to -10 (with -4/-6 being the average). I'm assuming it's dependent on what percentage of a given section is made up of questions I'm weak/strong at, but does anyone have any input? Ways to best address this also welcome. I'm drilling question types and sections on my days in between PTs (taking one every other day until the LSAT pretty much), but I'd love to hear of any alternatives as well.

13 more days guys!
Plug your PTs into 7sage or LSATqa (my preference). They will identify the categories in which you're weakest. This has really helped me improve in LR, as the metrics showed I struggled most in necessary assumptions. After I realized this, conspicuous attention to NA questions (in addition to drilling outside of PTs) had dramatically increased my LR scores. Taking PTs every other day isn't good unless your fundamentals are very solid. As billpackets said, focus on drilling to eliminate your mistakes and slow down on your PTs.

churrochi

New

Post by churrochi » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:38 pm

BillPackets wrote:Review is the only CR here review review review reviewing is going 2 do u more good than taking a bunch of PTs
BJS wrote:Plug your PTs into 7sage or LSATqa (my preference). They will identify the categories in which you're weakest. This has really helped me improve in LR, as the metrics showed I struggled most in necessary assumptions. After I realized this, conspicuous attention to NA questions (in addition to drilling outside of PTs) had dramatically increased my LR scores. Taking PTs every other day isn't good unless your fundamentals are very solid. As billpackets said, focus on drilling to eliminate your mistakes and slow down on your PTs.
With drilling, do you time yourself? I've worked through some packets that cater to my weaknesses (SA, Weaken - to name a few), and while I can get the questions right then, I still miss them on the actual PT.

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:44 pm

churrochi wrote:With drilling, do you time yourself? I've worked through some packets that cater to my weaknesses (SA, Weaken - to name a few), and while I can get the questions right then, I still miss them on the actual PT.
On LG and RC - yes, because timing is so critical for me on these.

On LR - no. I've rarely struggled with timing on LR and typically find myself with plenty of time (5+) minutes at the end of a section, which I spend reviewing the questions I've identified as my most difficult. My issue was that I misunderstood the fundamentals, so (untimed) drilling allowed me to correct the fundamentals. If you find yourself going -0 while drilling and missing a lot on PTs, it probably indicates that the timing/speed is somehow messing up your thought processes. It could also be that drilling a packet allows you to get into a rhythm of answering a specific question type, while a PT numerous types and difficulties spread throughout so you have to adjust.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”