The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
chimera

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by chimera » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:59 am

BJS wrote:
BillPackets wrote:The "you misspell words and ignore grammar on an Internet forum" is, and always will be, the dumbest fucking dig possible on an Internet forum.

What's the flaw in the tard gunner's argument ?

I'm just going to leave it up to you to figure that out BJS. But let's not act like I'm either not studying or am on TLS.
Here's my view on the grammar/diction/spelling on Internet forums: if you're typing on a traditional keyboard, you should obey the general requirements of English. Certainly, there will be mispellings and grammar mistakes. Certainly, there are idioms and acronyms appropriate on an Internet forum that aren't anywhere else. But a forum is nothing like a texting conversation, where the keyboard is limited and the medium is most conducive to rapid exchanges. Typing "n" instead of "and" is questionable at best in a text message, and ludicruous on a forum.

The way we present ourselves is largely how others perceive us. As smcc alluded to earlier, mispellings and grammar mistakes portray you in a certain light regardless the content of your posts.

In any case: the "tard gunner" had a valid point. We have a limited amount of time remaining to the test, so that time should be spent as economically as possible. If we suppose there's a 2% chance of X appearing on the test, we shouldn't spend 20% of our time studying for it.
+1. Anyway Jerry IMHO I think getting a rogue miscellaneous game next Saturday is likely enough to warrant studying or brushing up on other random games. I'm going through a few of the Cambridge miscellaneous games this week and next week to help prepare. Who knows if it will help, but it gives me some peace of mind.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:59 am

BJS wrote:
BillPackets wrote:The "you misspell words and ignore grammar on an Internet forum" is, and always will be, the dumbest fucking dig possible on an Internet forum.

I'm just going to leave it up to you to figure that out BJS. But let's not act like I'm either not studying or am on TLS.
Here's my view on the grammar/diction/spelling on Internet forums: if you're typing on a traditional keyboard, you should obey the general requirements of English. Certainly, there will be mispellings and grammar mistakes. Certainly, there are idioms and acronyms appropriate on an Internet forum that aren't anywhere else. But a forum is nothing like a texting conversation, where the keyboard is limited and the medium is most conducive to rapid exchanges. Typing "n" instead of "and" is questionable at best in a text message, and ludicruous on a forum.
FTFY

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:01 am

Jgoods wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
sfoglia wrote:So, I've been doing really well on these Flaw questions. Like, I got two wrong on the level three, maybe a handful wrong total in a solid 130+ questions. Then last night I go to finish the packet and I quit after 16 questions because I'm tired. Go to grade, and - WTF - 6 wrong. That's more than a third.

I'm just going to blame it on all the muscles in our Tinychat last night. I had stars in my eyes.

NO TC Til after 9/27 for u then
get a nice pump at the gym last night? get big or go home
My life motto
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:01 am

JerryLundegard wrote:Maybe I just felt a little left out from all the personal conversations.... =( haha
LSAT prep is a lonely business. My girlfriend wants to burn my bibles.
I once felt like you... now I feel half a part of things... just need my score to hit theirs and I can officially join the group

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:01 am

BillPackets wrote:
ErgoSum wrote:I blame it on Bill's EBS
What's EBS sry if it's obvious

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:02 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
sfoglia wrote:So, I've been doing really well on these Flaw questions. Like, I got two wrong on the level three, maybe a handful wrong total in a solid 130+ questions. Then last night I go to finish the packet and I quit after 16 questions because I'm tired. Go to grade, and - WTF - 6 wrong. That's more than a third.

I'm just going to blame it on all the muscles in our Tinychat last night. I had stars in my eyes.

NO TC Til after 9/27 for u then
get a nice pump at the gym last night? get big or go home
My life motto
Can't wait till after the 27th, studying and sleep have been getting in my way too much :/

JerryLundegard

Bronze

Post by JerryLundegard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:02 am

chimera wrote:
BJS wrote:

The way we present ourselves is largely how others perceive us. As smcc alluded to earlier, mispellings and grammar mistakes portray you in a certain light regardless the content of your posts.

In any case: the "tard gunner" had a valid point. We have a limited amount of time remaining to the test, so that time should be spent as economically as possible. If we suppose there's a 2% chance of X appearing on the test, we shouldn't spend 20% of our time studying for it.
+1. Anyway Jerry IMHO I think getting a rogue miscellaneous game next Saturday is likely enough to warrant studying or brushing up on other random games. I'm going through a few of the Cambridge miscellaneous games this week and next week to help prepare. Who knows if it will help, but it gives me some peace of mind.

Great point. Odds favor it not happening but a couple hours of prep may prevent a colossal meltdown on test day if they throw a knuckleball. Calm, cool, and collected. WWJoeFlaccoD?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:03 am

Jgoods wrote:
JerryLundegard wrote:Maybe I just felt a little left out from all the personal conversations.... =( haha
LSAT prep is a lonely business. My girlfriend wants to burn my bibles.
I once felt like you... now I feel half a part of things... just need my score to hit theirs and I can officially join the group

J BOOGIE YOU ARE FOREVER a part. And jerry once I come up w a funny nickname for u, u will be as well.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:06 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:09 am

JerryLundegard wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
JerryLundegard wrote:What are the odds of an unusual game type in the logic games? Are you all prepping for this possibility? My focus has been on just getting really good at advanced linear/grouping games but if the test has a mapping game on it or something i'm gonna flip. That would be 3 weird games in a row(though circular reasoning games are a breeze).
Is this a srs q
I guess I should have realized that actual lsat questions on this thread are forbidden. I do have things to do and can't comb 339 pages of largely useless discussion. Forgive me
A simple search would have done it, actually. Happy birthday.

http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=236099

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:10 am

lady grey in the house sup
imho im just prepping everything contrary to what may be believed i have been prepping since feb and at this point i feel like ive seen almost everything that only thing on games i am still shake on is how to handle a biconditional in the necessary so im about to work on that

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:12 am

BJS wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Don't b a fuck tard. Basically you were asking "do u think I should prep for anything they could throw at me or shout I just assume this one thing won't happen bc it hasn't happened in the past?" CHELLO my man have u even been studying? It's just like y even try n predict what may or may not b on the test. Just fucking study n to quote from some other threads "stop reading tea leaves."
Says the man who probably spends more time mispelling words and ignoring English grammar on TLS than studying for the LSAT.
I'm going to love when Bill is like, "Yo, 178ed that shit" when we receive our scores. I hope he takes a picture of himself holding a sign with the score, his tDCS strapped to his head.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 am

BillPackets wrote:lady grey in the house sup
imho im just prepping everything contrary to what may be believed i have been prepping since feb and at this point i feel like ive seen almost everything that only thing on games i am still shake on is how to handle a biconditional in the necessary so im about to work on that
Should start devoting your time instead to the best way to get away with having my name on your test ;p
I'll take yours for you, I'm sure they'll be the same score... but I like this set up as a just-in-case measure

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 am

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 am

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Don't b a fuck tard. Basically you were asking "do u think I should prep for anything they could throw at me or shout I just assume this one thing won't happen bc it hasn't happened in the past?" CHELLO my man have u even been studying? It's just like y even try n predict what may or may not b on the test. Just fucking study n to quote from some other threads "stop reading tea leaves."
Says the man who probably spends more time mispelling words and ignoring English grammar on TLS than studying for the LSAT.
I'm going to love when Bill is like, "Yo, 178ed that shit" when we receive our scores. I hope he takes a picture of himself holding a sign with the score, his tDCS strapped to his head.
/THREAD

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:14 am

sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:
I'm going to love when Bill is like, "Yo, 178ed that shit" when we receive our scores. I hope he takes a picture of himself holding a sign with the score, his tDCS strapped to his head and hardcore cheesing.
improved

JerryLundegard

Bronze

Post by JerryLundegard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:15 am

Thanks Colonel.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:15 am

Bill, come on, standard English please.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:16 am

Jgoods wrote:
sfoglia wrote:
BJS wrote:
I'm going to love when Bill is like, "Yo, 178ed that shit" when we receive our scores. I hope he takes a picture of himself holding a sign with the score, his tDCS strapped to his head and hardcore cheesing.
improved
Bahahahaha.

Dat smile tho.

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:20 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Yeah, TBH I have no idea what that means.

RC Passage: Biconditionals in the negative and the vertiginous gender ideology of the South-Pacific Vanatinai.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:21 am

edit: the regs in the thread when sum1 pops in like y'all suck

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:22 am

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:23 am

sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Yeah, TBH I have no idea what that means.

RC Passage: Biconditionals in the negative and the vertiginous gender ideology of the South-Pacific Vanatinai.
game 2 PT B there's a rule that states "if Y is out, then either L or O, but not both, are in" so its diagrammed like ~Y-->(L<-->~O) but the contrapositive gets kinda weird bc the contra of that is either that both L and O are in, or that both L and O are out

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:25 am

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:27 am

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote: game 2 PT B there's a rule that states "if Y is out, then either L or O, but not both, are in" so its diagrammed like ~Y-->(L<-->~O) but the contrapositive gets kinda weird bc the contra of that is either that both L and O are in, or that both L and O are out
Is that the tree game?

I did not enjoy that game.
yes imho its one of the hardest games ive ever seen but it never makes any top ten lists (haters take note: i know of numerous top ten hardest games lists) im assuming its bc its from a super prep test

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”