The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 pm

BillPackets wrote:Idk wut 2 say bout that poast in regards to it's usefulness as advice but I'll use it as an example for something I said earlier along the lines of "if you ask a question ITT, everyone will provide you with a thoughtful response" well a NA of that statement is that all responses to your Q in this thread are actually thoughtful n that poast pretty well destroys my argument
That assumes that something is only thoughtful in regards to it's helpfulness, n that obvious took a lot of thought

Eta: scooped by sfogs
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 pm

Jgoods wrote:
BillPackets wrote:What u did was make an unwarranted assumption about answer choice E look
answers on the LSAT will never ever ever b perfect except 4 maybe the occasional flaw Q the flaw is a causation correlation issue n it will just say "mistakes correlation 4 causation" but u need 2 b flexible when going into the answer choices who knows what sufficient even is in that case I mean u would need 2 know a whole host of info to kno what sufficient it would b for that Q so E just takes away all that impossible guess work n says significant

But I think the bigger issue u r askin about here is what I was getting at w bein flexible when approaching the answer choices

R u reviewing a lot j goods what's ur studying like
Honestly it was more putting it out there to see what people say, I've done it before like I said (only like once or twice) and just wondered if I was the only one thinking like that. But currently because of work I really only have after 6 to study, which I normally come home and have dinner right away cutting my available time down (without staying up too late leaving me with little sleep) so I'll take a PT then the next day go over and review the PT (both WA and uncomfortable answers) and then try to get a section or two in before sleep and try and review it the next day on lunch break at work and do another PT after work etc.
I've never been a fantastic studier in school, I get distracted easily when studying (as I'm sure many others do)
Stop PTing so much. Buy the Cambridge bundles n drill. It will b such a better use of your time also have u used any study books I recommend manhattan for LR, mike Kim's the trainer, and PS for lg n download the 7sage app for lg it's pretty much a waste of PTs at this point 4 u

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:46 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Idk wut 2 say bout that poast in regards to it's usefulness as advice but I'll use it as an example for something I said earlier along the lines of "if you ask a question ITT, everyone will provide you with a thoughtful response" well a NA of that statement is that all responses to your Q in this thread are actually thoughtful n that poast pretty well destroys my argument
That assumes that something is only thoughtful in regards to it's helpfulness, n that obvious took a lot of thought

Yeah. Thanks, Ryan!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:47 pm

sfoglia wrote:That was thoughtful! I put a lot of thought into that!
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:That assumes that something is only thoughtful in regards to it's helpfulness, n that obvious took a lot of thought
Thx guys my response was actually a test to demonstrate IRL what a NA is so thx for showing j boogie what it is

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:48 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:

Yeah. Thanks, Ryan!
Anytime yonce

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sfoglia

Gold

Post by sfoglia » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:50 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Anytime yonce
I just couldn't let it go to waste, what with the gifs and everything.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Sum1 send out the grey call

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:53 pm

sfoglia wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
Anytime yonce
I just couldn't let it go to waste, what with the gifs and everything.
One day I'll learn how to post gifs n make funny stories

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:54 pm

BillPackets wrote:Sum1 send out the grey call
CANADA CANADA CANADA

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:58 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:CANADA CANADA CANADA

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:00 pm

BillPackets wrote:
Jgoods wrote:
BillPackets wrote:What u did was make an unwarranted assumption about answer choice E look
answers on the LSAT will never ever ever b perfect except 4 maybe the occasional flaw Q the flaw is a causation correlation issue n it will just say "mistakes correlation 4 causation" but u need 2 b flexible when going into the answer choices who knows what sufficient even is in that case I mean u would need 2 know a whole host of info to kno what sufficient it would b for that Q so E just takes away all that impossible guess work n says significant

But I think the bigger issue u r askin about here is what I was getting at w bein flexible when approaching the answer choices

Honestly it was more putting it out there to see what people say, I've done it before like I said (only like once or twice) and just wondered if I was the only one thinking like that. But currently because of work I really only have after 6 to study, which I normally come home and have dinner right away cutting my available time down (without staying up too late leaving me with little sleep) so I'll take a PT then the next day go over and review the PT (both WA and uncomfortable answers) and then try to get a section or two in before sleep and try and review it the next day on lunch break at work and do another PT after work etc.
I've never been a fantastic studier in school, I get distracted easily when studying (as I'm sure many others do)
Stop PTing so much. Buy the Cambridge bundles n drill. It will b such a better use of your time also have u used any study books I recommend manhattan for LR, mike Kim's the trainer, and PS for lg n download the 7sage app for lg it's pretty much a waste of PTs at this point 4 u
I started out with the bibles but after getting a bit into LG and a little into LR I swapped to trainer which is what I stuck to after that point. As for the bundles are they just PTs your saying to use as drills? because I do have plenty of PTs I can use. What do you recommend is the best way to drill at this point? (LG is my strongest, then LR, then RC)

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:11 pm

Jgoods wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
Jgoods wrote:

I started out with the bibles but after getting a bit into LG and a little into LR I swapped to trainer which is what I stuck to after that point. As for the bundles are they just PTs your saying to use as drills? because I do have plenty of PTs I can use. What do you recommend is the best way to drill at this point? (LG is my strongest, then LR, then RC)
The Cambridge bundles r PTs 1-38 organized by section (LR, LG, RC) then organized by Q type so u can go thru n drill specific parts of the sections

I just creeped yr post history to try n see where u r at n yr studies n I'm not sure how long u been studying or what target score is but I think drilling RC would b helpful I mean obvs -10 isn't good for any1 if you could get that down to below -5 consistently that would b good I mean it's just hard 2 say cuz idk what yr goals r but also if u r going -3 on lg then u can go -0 n yes u can still benefit from drilling bc stupid mistakes r still mistakes

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:18 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:18 pm

mornincounselor wrote:I've been running through all the games 55-65. Trying to get to -0/-1 by test day. Doing PT 67 Thursday. 68 and 69 over the weekend.
Sup MC wut r u sittin at right now

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:20 pm

BillPackets wrote:
I just creeped yr post history to try n see where u r at n yr studies n I'm not sure how long u been studying or what target score is but I think drilling RC would b helpful I mean obvs -10 isn't good for any1 if you could get that down to below -5 consistently that would b good I mean it's just hard 2 say cuz idk what yr goals r but also if u r going -3 on lg then u can go -0 n yes u can still benefit from drilling bc stupid mistakes r still mistakes
yeah i've been more of a lurker, and more so on the school part of the forum... didn't even think to look for lsat forums -_- but I've been PTing around 155 or so, got a few 159 which should easily be at least 162 but stupid stuff gets in the way, gotta prevent that... but yeah I have PT 7-28 (and others though I'm not sure off the top of my head which I've worked in but despite not being organized in certain ways, what would you suggest? going through the PT and doing all the RC sections then next day work on just the LG sections and so on?

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:21 pm

Have you guys encountered any other games where a rule is given that produces conditions that can't be true? I just did PT34 Game 4 (the in/out game about the doctors at either Randsborough or Souderton), and I was thrown off. I wasted like 2 minutes reading the rules over and over again.

What's weird is that I did this game two months ago at the beginning of my LSAT journey, and I didn't have any problems with it. But, I guess I didn't have any expectations back then.

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:26 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Jgoods wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
yeah i've been more of a lurker, and more so on the school part of the forum... didn't even think to look for lsat forums -_- but I've been PTing around 155 or so, got a few 159 which should easily be at least 162 but stupid stuff gets in the way, gotta prevent that... but yeah I have PT 7-28 (and others though I'm not sure off the top of my head which I've worked in but despite not being organized in certain ways, what would you suggest? going through the PT and doing all the RC sections then next day work on just the LG sections and so on?
U need to focus on reviewing IMHO every here will pretty much say the same thing that quality is more important than quality so yes you could take the RC from a section n do that but u need 2 review it n look for patterns bc the LSAT is one big pattern

Like I've been reviewing RC a lot this week n u noticed something new n that some RC passages will test almost one inference or point from the passage n if u miss that point then u r gonna have a hard time in the Qs n I just really came to fully comprehend the significance of that n I've been studying quite a bit since feb n almost done every Q from the modern LSAT so there's a lot to learn from reviewing is my point

Edit JFC sry for my mistakes quality more important than quantity
Last edited by BillPackets on Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:29 pm

mornincounselor wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
mornincounselor wrote:I've been running through all the games 55-65. Trying to get to -0/-1 by test day. Doing PT 67 Thursday. 68 and 69 over the weekend.
Sup MC wut r u sittin at right now
Three consecutive 170s. -4, -2, -2 on games.
That's pretty good hitting 170 w a -4 on games it's so annoying to go -2 on lg cuz it's pretty much guaranteed that u just missed 2 dumb Qs n made dumb mistakes

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:29 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Have you guys encountered any other games where a rule is given that produces conditions that can't be true?
the 'pick 5 of 9 therapies' game

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:29 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Have you guys encountered any other games where a rule is given that produces conditions that can't be true? I just did PT34 Game 4 (the in/out game about the doctors at either Randsborough or Souderton), and I was thrown off. I wasted like 2 minutes reading the rules over and over again.

What's weird is that I did this game two months ago at the beginning of my LSAT journey, and I didn't have any problems with it. But, I guess I didn't have any expectations back then.
This has been discussed AD NAUSEUM movie. If it produces conditions that are contradictory then it cant be triggered.

Just kidding w u, but yea i remember that game n you just cant trigger dat rule.

IF ITS DAT RULE, TRIGGERED

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:30 pm

hetookmetoamovie wrote:Have you guys encountered any other games where a rule is given that produces conditions that can't be true? I just did PT34 Game 4 (the in/out game about the doctors at either Randsborough or Souderton), and I was thrown off. I wasted like 2 minutes reading the rules over and over again.

That's the only game where I think that happens but idk I could be wrong plus sup movie how u doin

Edit scooped/answered by the LSAT sexpert brut

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Brut wrote:
hetookmetoamovie wrote:Have you guys encountered any other games where a rule is given that produces conditions that can't be true?
the 'pick 5 of 9 therapies' game

SUP BRUT

I remember that ole game bc i did it at like 2am n was gettin so pissed @ it but then the next morning is was not as bad

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:34 pm

do you guys like studying for the lsat
i remember thinking it was not so bad when i was in your shoes circa 2011-2012

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:36 pm

Brut wrote:do you guys like studying for the lsat
i remember thinking it was not so bad when i was in your shoes circa 2011-2012
I want it 2 b over idt it's 'bad' but I'm ready to move on n use my free time in a diff way for awhile n stop thinking about this

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”