The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sfoglia

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by sfoglia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:27 pm

On an LSAT-related note:

I haven't bought any Cambridge packets. I'm typically -2 for each LR section. My three weakest areas are Strengthen, Weaken, and Parallel Reasoning. I'm thinking to buy all three packets and also the hardest questions one. Or should I just stick to PTs and whole timed sections? Please advise.

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:28 pm

smccgrey wrote:I showed my husband LG sections and he handed it back to me after a few seconds and just said: "you're much more intelligent than I am."

He's wrong, but its funny how people react to logic games with "WTF NO."

Although I showed RC to my friend who took the MCAT and she was like "awww only four passages?"

and Hillz, trust me I've read that, but I thought 'medical supplies' would be more stuff for a pre-existing condition like asthma or something. I suppose it makes sense.
No, lady, you can do what you want! :D At my center, they didn't bother looking at what anybody brought in. I'm sure that's not the case everywhere, but...I don't think they'll care much what kind of pills you bring. You can even bring a pouch (for hygiene stuff) and they're not gonna look in.
Last edited by hillz on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:30 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:hahahahahahaha no mechanical pencils wtf?
they make clicking noises, which is annoying, and it might send the guy next to you off into a homicidal rage
I find Ticonderoga Blacks everywhere in my life now. I even carry them with me at work and prefer to use them in meetings versus Pilot G-2s.

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:30 pm

sfoglia wrote:On an LSAT-related note:

I haven't bought any Cambridge packets. I'm typically -2 for each LR section. My three weakest areas are Strengthen, Weaken, and Parallel Reasoning. I'm thinking to buy all three packets and also the hardest questions one. Or should I just stick to PTs and whole timed sections? Please advise.
I'd buy those 3 packets since you know exactly what your weak areas in and I'm guessing you'll see some progress/higher comfort level after drilling those. Still do PTs, but add drilling.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:31 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:38 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
they make clicking noises, which is annoying, and it might send the guy next to you off into a homicidal rage
I like to imagine that this rule is in place because a test taker used a clickity-clickerific mechanical pencil next to someone who snapped.
Like:

Click. Click. Click.

Click. Click-click. Click.

Click-click. Click.

CLICK.

"I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU!!!!!!."
I am timing my PTs to fit in time for bursts of rage and threats of violence, just in case

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:39 pm

smccgrey wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:
I like to imagine that this rule is in place because a test taker used a clickity-clickerific mechanical pencil next to someone who snapped.
Like:

Click. Click. Click.

Click. Click-click. Click.

Click-click. Click.

CLICK.

"I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU!!!!!!."
OMG this image

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:40 pm

never in my life have i heard of a standardized test that didnt allow for them lol

btw, just worked on section 2 and 4 from june's LSAT... holy shit. I thought the LR in 2 was incredibly difficult. Probably one of the hardest LR's I've ever done. IDK if section 3 was easier, but fuck man.

hetookmetoamovie

Silver

Post by hetookmetoamovie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:40 pm

smccgrey wrote:I showed my husband LG sections and he handed it back to me after a few seconds and just said: "you're much more intelligent than I am."

He's wrong, but its funny how people react to logic games with "WTF NO."

Although I showed RC to my friend who took the MCAT and she was like "awww only four passages?"

and Hillz, trust me I've read that, but I thought 'medical supplies' would be more stuff for a pre-existing condition like asthma or something. I suppose it makes sense.
Yeah, my husband was a CS major and got a perfect on the MCAT. So, he's basically my own personal MLSAT forum. Oh well, at least I'm better at cooking. And I look better in a dress.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:43 pm

i always thot it was something much more mundane, like the scantron wouldnt read mechanical pencils for one reason or another.

but i hope it was similar to the hypo posited by grey:

click...click click click...

*shakes to test for lead*

click...click.....................click

person next to mechanical pencil-er: "omg that m pencil is gonna drive me nuts..."

*looks over, annoyed. person w/ m pencil is now erasing furiously. wonders if m pencil-er is trying to start a fire*

click...click...click...

*more shakes. nods head, as if visibly signifying that pencil still has lead*

*erases furiously again, realizing diagram on game 2 is incorrect*

neighbor: "did this person even study? why are they erasing so much on games? dont they know thats a big no no...wait, am i messing up this game? am i missing something? SHOULD I BE ERASING!?!?!?"

*looks over, sees m pencil-er tapping foot at a rate of ~100 taps/minute*

*anger is growing, neighbor is visibly shaken by the amount of clicks and eraser noises*

CLICK...CLICK...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:44 pm

we should turn this thread into a fan fiction thread re: funny lsat situations

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:46 pm

The watch is gone.........but you can try their course for 14 days for $1, they send you two watches when you sign up :D

Search for them on Instagram :wink:
Last edited by sashafierce on Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:48 pm

sashafierce wrote:Hi guys LSATMax sent me two 35 min LSAT watches. They sent it to my New York address but I'm not in New York right now, I'm not going to be there until like 1 week before the September exam.

So if 1. your in NYC and 2. you are willing to meet me in some central place in Manhattan send me a PM, I willl give it to you for FREE :D
How pretty are you? Depending on answer we can see what we can work out

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:49 pm

BillPackets wrote: thot
THOT means "That H@e Over There" its used to describe a promiscuous individual

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:How pretty are you? Depending on answer we can see what we can work out
You make it sound like your doing me a favor, I'm the one giving away the free watch :?

Also I'm married, sorry.....not sorry :roll:

:wink:

diiggidy

New

Post by diiggidy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:52 pm

BillPackets wrote:
diiggidy wrote:I've recently decided to go to graduate school before law school as well. I'm in my final year of undergrad at a top 15 engineering school, and am planning on getting my M.S. in Electrical Engineering. I've done research with a professor here in undergrad, and will probably continue working with him as an RA. My reasoning is that I'd like to get more engineering experience, and this will give me time to decide if I truly want to go to law school. Also a M.S. in E.E. would be very valuable for patent law, which is what i'm interested in getting into anyways. However, it's going to be pretty difficult to balance applying to graduate school and fellowships and taking the LSAT at the same time. I also need to take the GRE, and will probably end up taking it around Sept. 15th. I'm currently averaging around 168-169 on PTs, with a goal of 174 but timing is also an issue for me still. I'm wondering if I should continue studying (I've pretty much been strictly studying for the LSAT this summer) this hard with the hopes of taking in Sept., or delay the LSAT and focus on applying to grad school. My scores have been between 167-170 for over a month now. Any advice?
why law bro? you can make bank with an MS in EE.

True, but I could also make a lot of money as a patent attorney as well. But it's really not about the money for me. I've had internships and done research and all, and just don't think it's really the right career for me. I'm considering taking the patent bar in the winter and then I could work for a firm as a patent agent (they make more than engineers typically anyways) during grad school, and then go from there.

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:54 pm

sashafierce wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:How pretty are you? Depending on answer we can see what we can work out
You make it sound like your doing me a favor, I'm the one giving away the free watch :?

Also I'm married, sorry.....not sorry :roll:

:wink:
Coming from the Midwest to get your watch to you would be doing you a favor :lol:

Edit: side note- what is LSATmax? Are they just analog watches

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Edit: side note- what is LSATmax? Are they just analog watches
So not spamming or anything but I found them on Instragram, its a LSAT prep Iphone and Android app, they have a free 14 day trail of their course for $1 and they send you two free watches when you sign up.

Again, I'm not spamming. I just found them on instagram :)

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:11 pm

sashafierce wrote:
Colonel_funkadunk wrote:Edit: side note- what is LSATmax? Are they just analog watches
So not spamming or anything but I found them on Instragram, its a LSAT prep Iphone and Android app, they have a free 14 day trail of their course for $1 and they send you two free watches when you sign up.

Again, I'm not spamming. I just found them on instagram :)

Thanks for the info, I'll check it out

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:31 pm

sashafierce wrote:
Right I just got it from chiraq's finest chief keef aka Sosa

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:37 pm

BillPackets wrote:
sashafierce wrote:
Right I just got it from chiraq's finest chief keef aka Sosa

We ain't love no thotties

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Oh no, I'm on TLS when I should be studying! This is a slippery slope. Somebody please yell at me to get back to work, stat.

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:46 pm

GreenTee wrote:Oh no, I'm on TLS when I should be studying! This is a slippery slope. Somebody please yell at me to get back to work, stat.
Get back to work! :lol: Really need some gin but I'm bad at drunk studying.

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Last edited by GreenTee on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:22 pm

GreenTee wrote:
hillz wrote:
GreenTee wrote:Oh no, I'm on TLS when I should be studying! This is a slippery slope. Somebody please yell at me to get back to work, stat.
Get back to work! :lol: Really need some gin but I'm bad at drunk studying.
Thanks hillz! You're a mensch.

I tried studying drunk once. I think it made me faster at RC. Mostly because I forgot that I needed to actually understand what I was reading.

ETA - Reminds me of the Woody Allen quote: "I took a speed reading course and read War and Peace in twenty minutes. It involves Russia."
lol....lol....lol

I got caught in the TLS web today as well, it happens, studying for the LSAT gets lonely sometimes

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”