The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:51 pm

BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:If you're seeking to enter legal academia, you should probably make other plans. Consider this data. If you want to be an academic in a different field, get into a top PhD program in that field.
relevant
So all I have 2 do is g to u minn b number 1 n get real lucky

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
hereisonehand wrote:If you're seeking to enter legal academia, you should probably make other plans. Consider this data. If you want to be an academic in a different field, get into a top PhD program in that field.
relevant
So all I have 2 do is g to u minn b number 1 n get real lucky
yeah its nbd to expect 2 b #1 in yr class we r all big fish in small pond kinda ppl

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:53 pm

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:16 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
relevant
Lol @ Yale producing 65%
U mean yaLLLe, shoulda been a At least 75%

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:yaLLLe

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:37 pm

Last edited by Hand on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Last edited by Hand on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:00 pm

hereisonehand wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
Whatever guys, we all know everybody will break down, cry, thank the lord on their bare knees, and move to new haven if they let you in!
this is just a really funny image

"YALLLLEEEEEEEEEE"

edit: i feel like there is probably a good GIF for this sitch but im GIF illiterate

vracovino

Bronze

Post by vracovino » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:18 pm

Just took PT 54 and got a 163. Not exactly estatic with that score given my target (167+) but it felt a hell of a lot better than my last few tests.

-4 on LG though. I'm so slow. I really need to sure that up before the test. Reading comprehension FINALLY felt bearable but I still ended up getting a -6. -5 on an LR section that actually felt really good was also discerning.

Oh well. Hopefully I'll start trending upwards.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:19 pm

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:20 pm

One of my friends just tweeted "philosophy is blowing my mind. If M=P and S=M, somehow, S=P?" ohhhhh mannn i wanted to drop some formal logic on his ass. LSAT is taking over my damn life.

I actually dreamt about it yesterday. It was weird. I dreamt that I had the test the day before i was supposed to take it. So I stayed up all night making sure I got everything right. Then, when I finally finished, it was 10 oclock in the morning and I was late for the real test anyway. haha wtf

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:35 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:One of my friends just tweeted "philosophy is blowing my mind. If M=P and S=M, somehow, S=P?" ohhhhh mannn i wanted to drop some formal logic on his ass. LSAT is taking over my damn life.

I actually dreamt about it yesterday. It was weird. I dreamt that I had the test the day before i was supposed to take it. So I stayed up all night making sure I got everything right. Then, when I finally finished, it was 10 oclock in the morning and I was late for the real test anyway. haha wtf
I sent my friend the logic game from PT25 G3 - the one about people playing ether tennis or golf. He missed five out of the six questions and we got into a thirty minute argument about it. He couldn't understand how K must be better than O in tennis if P played tennis, but K could be worse than O in tennis if P played golf. He was thinking about it in common sense rather than formal logic. He kept equating it to Peyton Manning being better than Aaron Rodgers if Tony Romo is in the NFC, but somehow Manning being worse Rodgers if Romo joined an AFC team.

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:40 pm

BJS wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:One of my friends just tweeted "philosophy is blowing my mind. If M=P and S=M, somehow, S=P?" ohhhhh mannn i wanted to drop some formal logic on his ass. LSAT is taking over my damn life.

I sent my friend the logic game from PT25 G3 - the one about people playing ether tennis or golf. He missed five out of the six questions and we got into a thirty minute argument about it. He couldn't understand how K must be better than O in tennis if P played tennis, but K could be worse than O in tennis if P played golf. He was thinking about it in common sense rather than formal logic. He kept equating it to Peyton Manning being better than Aaron Rodgers if Tony Romo is in the NFC, but somehow Manning being worse Rodgers if Romo joined an AFC team.
Yes, definitely had to figure out that answering LSAT questions wasn't about using common sense.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:41 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:One of my friends just tweeted "philosophy is blowing my mind. If M=P and S=M, somehow, S=P?"
'

should have thrown a contra at him. /M=/S

#mindblown#whaaaaaa

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:41 pm

smccgrey wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
this is just a really funny image

"YALLLLEEEEEEEEEE"

edit: i feel like there is probably a good GIF for this sitch but im GIF illiterate
I will take care of this obvious hole in the GIF universe later tonight.
You're a very necessary part of this group

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:42 pm

BJS wrote:He kept equating it to Peyton Manning being better than Aaron Rodgers if Tony Romo is in the NFC, but somehow Manning being worse Rodgers if Romo joined an AFC team.
ok that is 180 to the dome.

boris09

New

Post by boris09 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:44 pm

Louis1127 wrote:PT 59

Score: 179

just kidding, 163

LR: -10 combined (I thought I did way better so I'm not sure what the deal is here)
RC: -8 (Once again, the comparative passage killed me, as it was easy and I missed 2)
Games: -5

This was the weirdest PT I've ever taken and graded. I seriously thought I missed like 1 or 2 total on LR and I was positive that I bombed the last two games.

I guess I am a good guesser, lol.
just wanted to say that this was gold lol. I literally gasped with excitement for you. Nevertheless, 163 is very good progress, and i can definitely see you getting to 170. the LR score and RC score you can work with, and if you manage to perfect the games you'll be sitting comfortably on a high 160. And with more time and practice, you'll get LR and RC maybe 2 more points down each and you got your 170! :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:47 pm

some 7th grader was being annoying yesterday and acting like he was really smart so i printed off a set of LG from PT53 and told him to do those. he didnt turn them back in

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:51 pm

The struggle to print PT's is fucking real. Gonna just pull them up on my computer screen I guess and write answers on a sheet of paper.

I really am wondering how much one can improve with 4 weeks left and basically just taking PT's/ drilling sections at this point. I feel like the improvement is basically done (save for 1 or maybe two more points) but now its more of consistency and refinement. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to improve more lol

Username123

Silver

Post by Username123 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:58 pm

BillPackets wrote:some 7th grader was being annoying yesterday and acting like he was really smart so i printed off a set of LG from PT53 and told him to do those. he didnt turn them back in
This is glorious.

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:03 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:The struggle to print PT's is fucking real. Gonna just pull them up on my computer screen I guess and write answers on a sheet of paper.

I really am wondering how much one can improve with 4 weeks left and basically just taking PT's/ drilling sections at this point. I feel like the improvement is basically done (save for 1 or maybe two more points) but now its more of consistency and refinement. I hope I'm wrong. I'd love to improve more lol
Man you should invest in a laser printer. Changed my LSAT life. You can get catridges for 20 bucks online (normally 100 IRL) and can print up to 1000 copies with one catridge (actually think they are called toners for laser printer). Only does black and white.

My struggle is finding somewhere quiet.. even at the library there is always some douche talking

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:05 pm

my uni library is awesome because you dont need more than one person to go into a study room. I'm here literally at least 5 hours a day and usually closer to 9 or 10

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:06 pm

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:08 pm

smccgrey wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:
BillPackets wrote:some 7th grader was being annoying yesterday and acting like he was really smart so i printed off a set of LG from PT53 and told him to do those. he didnt turn them back in
This is glorious.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:10 pm

im glad some ppl find that humorous. after the kid had done abut 15 probz i asked him how he thought he was doing.

"i've done about 13, and I've probably got about 11 right"

i couldnt really tell anyone at my workplace about it. it wouldnt be funny to non-LSATers

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”