The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ErgoSum

Bronze

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:16 am

Jgoods wrote:
JerryLundegard wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
JerryLundegard wrote:What are the odds of an unusual game type in the logic games? Are you all prepping for this possibility? My focus has been on just getting really good at advanced linear/grouping games but if the test has a mapping game on it or something i'm gonna flip. That would be 3 weird games in a row(though circular reasoning games are a breeze).
Is this a srs q
I guess I should have realized that actual lsat questions on this thread are forbidden. I do have things to do and can't comb 339 pages of largely useless discussion. Forgive me
I'm going to go ahead and guess he meant more that you should try and prep for the possibility of anything so if any sort of game appears you can be ready

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:19 am

Jgoods wrote:"The word many indicates "at least some." And it is true that many biologists no longer believe that "all genes are inherited vertically." In lines 51-58 the passage says that the evidence appears to show that some genes can be transmitted horizontally. If some genes are transmitted horizontally, then it's not true that all genes are transmitted vertically.

I know you're focused on the term "many biologists." Remember that this is actually a very weak way of referring to biologists. Two biologists no longer holding this view would be enough. And on line 57, the passage implies that these biologists have accepted the claim that some genes are transmitted horizontally.
Yea, as I was typing my complaint in the OP I realized that many =/= most (or even a large amount), which is how I had interpreted it while reading. I still think it's absurd that many=some in LSAT terms. If my boss asked if many people were at an event, and I said yes, and he showed up and there were two, then he'd be righteously furious.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:21 am

BJS wrote:
Jgoods wrote:"The word many indicates "at least some." And it is true that many biologists no longer believe that "all genes are inherited vertically." In lines 51-58 the passage says that the evidence appears to show that some genes can be transmitted horizontally. If some genes are transmitted horizontally, then it's not true that all genes are transmitted vertically.

I know you're focused on the term "many biologists." Remember that this is actually a very weak way of referring to biologists. Two biologists no longer holding this view would be enough. And on line 57, the passage implies that these biologists have accepted the claim that some genes are transmitted horizontally.
Yea, as I was typing my complaint in the OP I realized that many =/= most (or even a large amount), which is how I had interpreted it while reading. I still think it's absurd that many=some in LSAT terms. If my boss asked if many people were at an event, and I said yes, and he showed up and there were two, then he'd be righteously furious.
agreed, but unfortunately the LSAT doesn't like to make things easy, with more than many=some, "or" is a bit easier to grasp but can still be a pain, along with other words

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:25 am

JerryLundegard wrote:I guess I should have realized that actual lsat questions on this thread are forbidden. I do have things to do and can't comb 339 pages of largely useless discussion. Forgive me
Don't b a fuck tard. Basically you were asking "do u think I should prep for anything they could throw at me or shout I just assume this one thing won't happen bc it hasn't happened in the past?" CHELLO my man have u even been studying? It's just like y even try n predict what may or may not b on the test. Just fucking study n to quote from some other threads "stop reading tea leaves."

U come at bill u best not miss
ErgoSum wrote:Image

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:26 am

Also can we get OP to post every time we talk about the fucking LSAT so these gunner tards will stop being tards

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:27 am

BillPackets wrote:Don't b a fuck tard. Basically you were asking "do u think I should prep for anything they could throw at me or shout I just assume this one thing won't happen bc it hasn't happened in the past?" CHELLO my man have u even been studying? It's just like y even try n predict what may or may not b on the test. Just fucking study n to quote from some other threads "stop reading tea leaves."
Says the man who probably spends more time mispelling words and ignoring English grammar on TLS than studying for the LSAT.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:30 am

BJS wrote:
BillPackets wrote:Don't b a fuck tard. Basically you were asking "do u think I should prep for anything they could throw at me or shout I just assume this one thing won't happen bc it hasn't happened in the past?" CHELLO my man have u even been studying? It's just like y even try n predict what may or may not b on the test. Just fucking study n to quote from some other threads "stop reading tea leaves."
Says the man who probably spends more time mispelling words and ignoring English grammar on TLS than studying for the LSAT.
Awesome lmao

...someone must not have gotten enough sleep last night

edit: awesome - directed at BJS post

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:34 am

BJS wrote:
The "you misspell words and ignore grammar on an Internet forum" is, and always will be, the dumbest fucking dig possible on an Internet forum.

What's the flaw in the tard gunner's argument ?

I'm just going to leave it up to you to figure that out BJS. But let's not act like I'm either not studying or am on TLS.

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:37 am

BillPackets wrote:
BJS wrote:
The "you misspell words and ignore grammar on an Internet forum" is, and always will be, the dumbest fucking dig possible on an Internet forum.

I'm just going to leave it up to you to figure that out BJS. But let's not act like I'm either not studying or am on TLS.
eh, I feel like there's TLS forum English/grammar, Internet speak, then Bill speak :P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

JerryLundegard

Bronze

Post by JerryLundegard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:39 am

I have prepped them, actually. My point was more should i be wasting any time a week out looking them over...I'm the moron and yet one sarcastic post against you and you go into an ad-hom fit of calling me a 'tard.' Maybe look over flaw questions a bit more, Bill. Good luck with life sir. You may score in the 170's next week but your social intelligence appears to be on par with some of my immature middle school students. Sad.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:40 am

JerryLundegard wrote:I have prepped them, actually. My point was more should i be wasting any time a week out looking them over...I'm the moron and yet one sarcastic post against you and you go into an ad-hom fit of calling me a 'tard.' Maybe look over flaw questions a bit more, Bill. Good luck with life sir. You may score in the 170's next week but your social intelligence appears to be on par with some of my immature middle school students. Sad.
Lmfao welcome 2 TLS Jerry

fra

Bronze

Post by fra » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:42 am

BJS wrote:

Here's how I think of it - If you said 'many' people to refer to 1,000 attendees at an event, you still are only talking about 'some' people not 'most', where people is the entire human population.
If the total population of objects is very large then you could definitely have a sample of 'many' of the objects that comprises less than half of the population.

Most = >50%
Some = >0%
Many = A number = >0%

JerryLundegard

Bronze

Post by JerryLundegard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:44 am

Also, I was merely asking what people thought the odds were.
Not that it WON'T happen.

Straw man for daizzeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thanks for the welcome though :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:48 am

BillPackets wrote:
JerryLundegard wrote:I have prepped them, actually. My point was more should i be wasting any time a week out looking them over...I'm the moron and yet one sarcastic post against you and you go into an ad-hom fit of calling me a 'tard.' Maybe look over flaw questions a bit more, Bill. Good luck with life sir. You may score in the 170's next week but your social intelligence appears to be on par with some of my immature middle school students. Sad.
Well when preparing I feel like there is no wasting time preparing... even if it's not on, its better be able to tackle it and not be there than be lost and have it appear...

Also, play nice boys

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:49 am

BillPackets wrote:The "you misspell words and ignore grammar on an Internet forum" is, and always will be, the dumbest fucking dig possible on an Internet forum.

Here's my view on the grammar/diction/spelling on Internet forums: if you're typing on a traditional keyboard, you should obey the general requirements of English. Certainly, there will be mispellings and grammar mistakes. Certainly, there are idioms and acronyms appropriate on an Internet forum that aren't anywhere else. But a forum is nothing like a texting conversation, where the keyboard is limited and the medium is most conducive to rapid exchanges. Typing "n" instead of "and" is questionable at best in a text message, and ludicruous on a forum.

The way we present ourselves is largely how others perceive us. As smcc alluded to earlier, mispellings and grammar mistakes portray you in a certain light regardless the content of your posts.

In any case: the "tard gunner" had a valid point. We have a limited amount of time remaining to the test, so that time should be spent as economically as possible. If we suppose there's a 2% chance of X appearing on the test, we shouldn't spend 20% of our time studying for it.

JerryLundegard

Bronze

Post by JerryLundegard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:50 am

Jgoods wrote:
BillPackets wrote:
Well when preparing I feel like there is no wasting time preparing... even if it's not on, its better be able to tackle it and not be there than be lost and have it appear...

Also, play nice boys

That's fair.

Bill-we're both after the same thing. Good luck out there, and lets both get it done

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 am

JerryLundegard wrote:one sarcastic post against you and you go into an ad-hom fit of calling me a 'tard.' .
I don't know what u were expecting? THIS IS TLS IN A NUT SHELL
Last edited by Colonel_funkadunk on Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:51 am

Sry mommy

ErgoSum

Bronze

Post by ErgoSum » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:54 am

I blame it on Bill's EBS

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:55 am

sfoglia wrote:So, I've been doing really well on these Flaw questions. Like, I got two wrong on the level three, maybe a handful wrong total in a solid 130+ questions. Then last night I go to finish the packet and I quit after 16 questions because I'm tired. Go to grade, and - WTF - 6 wrong. That's more than a third.

I'm just going to blame it on all the muscles in our Tinychat last night. I had stars in my eyes.

NO TC Til after 9/27 for u then

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:55 am

BillPackets wrote:Sry mommy
I'm sure I could have a very good gif to throw in here... alas I still cannot do such a thing

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:55 am

JerryLundegard wrote: That's fair.

Bill-we're both after the same thing. Good luck out there, and lets both get it done
*shakes hand*

Also we talk bout the LSAT anytime anyone has a Q and I do enjoy discussing Qs for reasons I've mentioned b4

The sry mommy was directed to BJS

Smallville

Gold

Post by Smallville » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:56 am

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
sfoglia wrote:So, I've been doing really well on these Flaw questions. Like, I got two wrong on the level three, maybe a handful wrong total in a solid 130+ questions. Then last night I go to finish the packet and I quit after 16 questions because I'm tired. Go to grade, and - WTF - 6 wrong. That's more than a third.

I'm just going to blame it on all the muscles in our Tinychat last night. I had stars in my eyes.

NO TC Til after 9/27 for u then
get a nice pump at the gym last night? get big or go home

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:57 am

ErgoSum wrote:I blame it on Bill's EBS
What's EBS sry if it's obvious

JerryLundegard

Bronze

Post by JerryLundegard » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:58 am

Maybe I just felt a little left out from all the personal conversations.... =( haha
LSAT prep is a lonely business. My girlfriend wants to burn my bibles.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”