The Official September 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Re: The Official September 2014 Study Group

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:09 pm

hillz wrote:Gonna PT tomorrow at the campus where I'm taking the real thing...anybody else doing this?
I've thought about it but mines at a small private college and idk if I can even get into any of the rooms, however I took it there 2 and a half years ago so I'm semi familiar w it

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:17 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:
hillz wrote:Gonna PT tomorrow at the campus where I'm taking the real thing...anybody else doing this?
I've thought about it but mines at a small private college and idk if I can even get into any of the rooms, however I took it there 2 and a half years ago so I'm semi familiar w it
Yeah, I don't know if I can get in a room but I can at least sit in the library. Just a mind trick, I know, but I'll try it! :D

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Post by gnomgnomuch » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Anyone going crazy by those weird ass logic games?

HOLY HELL. I'm getting destroyed by the early 90's games. I just did like 5 of them, and I cant even figure out how to diagram some of them, goddam if they show up on a test, I'm screwed.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:27 pm

gnomgnomuch wrote:Anyone going crazy by those weird ass logic games?

HOLY HELL. I'm getting destroyed by the early 90's games. I just did like 5 of them, and I cant even figure out how to diagram some of them, goddam if they show up on a test, I'm screwed.
the games have changed a lot from PT 50 or so. Some people think theyre harder, but I personally dont. Seems like they're a lot more straightforward now

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:39 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

GreenTee

Silver

Post by GreenTee » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:02 pm

Taking PT64 tomorrow morning at 8:00 am in a Starbucks. Same day blind review. Then PT65 on Sunday, same routine. I fully expect the distractions and the start time to be major challenges. I'm just trying to get through the tests in this environment, and the hope is that I'll eventually be able to laser-focus enough that it wont affect my scores.

Anybody else doing this?

lsatdream

New

Post by lsatdream » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:08 pm

Just got murdered by Prep Test 50's RC. That was painful.

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:16 pm

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:17 pm

GreenTee wrote:Taking PT64 tomorrow morning at 8:00 am in a Starbucks. Same day blind review. Then PT65 on Sunday, same routine. I fully expect the distractions and the start time to be major challenges. I'm just trying to get through the tests in this environment, and the hope is that I'll eventually be able to laser-focus enough that it wont affect my scores.

Anybody else doing this?
That's smart. I've been thinking about going to a coffee shop but have just settled for turning up distractions on the 7Sage app for now. The coughing gets me...makes me wanna punch someone.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:19 pm

smccgrey wrote:
GreenTee wrote:Taking PT64 tomorrow morning at 8:00 am in a Starbucks. Same day blind review. Then PT65 on Sunday, same routine. I fully expect the distractions and the start time to be major challenges. I'm just trying to get through the tests in this environment, and the hope is that I'll eventually be able to laser-focus enough that it wont affect my scores.

Anybody else doing this?
No, because if I have to sit there and hear a thirtieth ditzy girl with long, fake blonde hair, wearing yoga pants and uggs ask for a skinny soy no sugar vanilla latte, I think I'm going to keel over and die.

Sorry. Off topic rage explosion. Apparently the word Starbucks is a trigger.

To be clear, I'm addicted to Iced Mochas, I just like them with regular ass milk.

The people who ask for 6 pumps of syrup + splenda are who most concern me. I couldn't do it!

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:23 pm

smccgrey wrote:I think they are actually simple, just really DIFFERENT, so it's tough if you try to fit them into a certain method you've learned. Just focus on the conditions. In a lot of the earlier games, you don't need a diagram at all.
Agree with that. I was diagramming in the 40s-50s, but really just jumped into the questions without making any inferences and was pretty consistent at -0/-1. Then in the early 60s I started getting rocked. Had to go back to the basics and start making those up front inferences.

lsatkillah

New

Post by lsatkillah » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:15 pm

Last edited by lsatkillah on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:41 pm

lsatkillah wrote:PT68: 172
RC: -2 including one unfinished
LR: -8
LG: -0

Thanks for the encouragement y'all. Tackled RC in a different manner. Scribbled down the topic, scope, purpose, and main idea after reading the passage before diving into the questions. Seemed to help with global questions majorly. Don't know how I managed (well I didn't, really) prior to this test, without consciously going over all that. Hope this approach sticks. On the other hand, LR left me with more uncertainties than usual. Still can't win em all :x
Still, I think my tunnel-light has started to appear!!!!

Good. There's absolutely nothing wrong with -2 on RC on any day. Especially if one was simply a guess due to time. Its a really good problem to have. You're in a good place lol. RC isn't really something that just "goes away" at least in my experience. If I didn't do a game for 10 days I would be really slow, but with RC I always seem to retain close to my skill. Now you can focus on LR.

Wish I had your problem lol. Even though I've found a notation system that I'm comfortable with, I'm still fairly inconsistent in scoring. It makes it really hard to gauge where I'll be come show time

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:06 am

smccgrey wrote:
To be clear, I'm addicted to Iced Mochas, I just like them with regular ass milk.
This made me lol

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:56 am

lsatkillah wrote:PT68: 172
RC: -2 including one unfinished
LR: -8
LG: -0
I <3 that distribution

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:38 am

sashafierce wrote:Where is LLH? She has such a calming presence, I can feel her positive vibes all the way in the Caribbean :D She needs to be more active ITT :)
I'm here. Attempting to study today…

Thank you for such sweet kind words.

How is your prep coming along?

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:41 am

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
sashafierce wrote:Where is LLH? She has such a calming presence, I can feel her positive vibes all the way in the Caribbean :D She needs to be more active ITT :)

its GOTTA be the tar

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alexK_

New

Post by alexK_ » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:48 am

Scored a 175 on PT 64.

Had to rush through all of LG because I ballsed up my universal diagram on the first game and had to go back. Fairly happy.

Has anyone had any success with the Manhattan RC books? I still take 1-2 errors every time, I'd like to iron those out.

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:50 am

ilikebaseball wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

its GOTTA be the tar
What are you trying to say? That my personality doesn't shine through? :cry:

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:04 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

its GOTTA be the tar
What are you trying to say? That my personality doesn't shine through? :cry:
oh you know what i mean that dog is precious haha

vracovino

Bronze

Post by vracovino » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:06 pm

smccgrey wrote:

Anybody else doing this?
No, because if I have to sit there and hear a thirtieth ditzy girl with long, fake blonde hair, wearing yoga pants and uggs ask for a skinny soy no sugar vanilla latte, I think I'm going to keel over and die.

Sorry. Off topic rage explosion. Apparently the word Starbucks is a trigger.

Lollllll. It's so true. The condescending coffee guy in me really can't stand the overdose on sugar mentality. Once I started drinking black coffee I realized it's so much better- both tasting-wise and for you! The restless feeling I used to get from drinking sugary coffee I don't even get anymore. I'm just more alert.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BJS

Bronze

Post by BJS » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:25 pm

Took PT 63 today and got my worst score in a month.

S1 (PT27 LR S1): -4 [Experimental]
S2 LR1: -1
S3 LG: -0
S4 LR2: -3
S5 RC: -3

I am definitely struggling with stamina. I finished S4 and S5 right at the 30 second mark while I had ample time in S2 and S3. Also, for me, this PT stresses the need to warm up before the test. Here, the Experimental functioned as an unfortunate warmup. Not happy at all. For drilling, I will scale back my LG and focus on LR and RC. For my PTing: I will up my testing to 6 sections and include warmups with all three section types.

schmelling

Silver

Post by schmelling » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:31 pm

Just took diag 4 in classroom setting with testmasters. PT 64. really pleased with the results and to finally see some real movement in my score.

Breakdown PT 64:

LR: -5 (-1,-4) spent too much time on the front end of the second section, felt a time crunch at the end.
LG: -5
RC: -5

Exp LR: -0

Score: 169!

Skipped some time-consuming questions on LR and I didn't get to finish RC and LG so i will definitely work on timing. Considering my -10 debacle on last week's games section, I am very pleased with this outcome, even if my LR score suffered as a result of a whole week with no drilling. Last week I scored a 164, the week before that,a 163, up from a 161 on my diag 7 weeks ago. I really focused on what needed improvement in this past week and it paid off. Feeling good about this for the first time in a month.

ALegalMind_26

New

Post by ALegalMind_26 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:05 pm

Hello! I'm new to TLS, been reading the forums for a while, but just now posting. I took my first LSAT in June and I plan on taking it again in September. Trying to bump my score by at least 3 points. How's the LSAT trainer been for the others here using it? I've been using it for this LSAT, used powerscore last time, and I like the way its written. Have others found it helpful?

Lacoste

New

Post by Lacoste » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:24 pm

ALegalMind_26 wrote:Hello! I'm new to TLS, been reading the forums for a while, but just now posting. I took my first LSAT in June and I plan on taking it again in September. Trying to bump my score by at least 3 points. How's the LSAT trainer been for the others here using it? I've been using it for this LSAT, used powerscore last time, and I like the way its written. Have others found it helpful?
What do you like about it? Im currently in a powescore course and looking for a supplement? Since you used powerscore, would you recommend it?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”