LR - PT 46, Q12, LR number 1

flash21

LR - PT 46, Q12, LR number 1

Postby flash21 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:53 pm

I was between B and E, and eventually chose B which is wrong. Can someone please explain it to me? I feel like they are both equally valid, I looked up some explainations on the manhattan forum and I still am unclear what makes one a better choice over the other. Here is my initial reasoning I wrote down:

A. Doesnt say its REQUIRED for a deep. says it contributes to a 33% more deep sleep though.
B. Maybe this is reasonably inferrable - not 100% but its likely
C. BEST way? I dont think we know this. Could be the worst way.
D. How do we know? Could naturally occur in the body, without any external influences
E. Maybe its other things with exercise that makes it - IE: chemicals released, less energy and more tired, etc.

CardozoLaw09

Re: LR - PT 46, Q12, LR number 1

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:04 pm

flash21 wrote:I was between B and E, and eventually chose B which is wrong. Can someone please explain it to me? I feel like they are both equally valid, I looked up some explainations on the manhattan forum and I still am unclear what makes one a better choice over the other. Here is my initial reasoning I wrote down:

A. Doesnt say its REQUIRED for a deep. says it contributes to a 33% more deep sleep though.
B. Maybe this is reasonably inferrable - not 100% but its likely
C. BEST way? I dont think we know this. Could be the worst way.
D. How do we know? Could naturally occur in the body, without any external influences
E. Maybe its other things with exercise that makes it - IE: chemicals released, less energy and more tired, etc.

We don't know anything about the effect on body temperature exercising in the morning has so we can't reasonably infer that those who exercise in the morning will likely also get more deep sleep. However, based on the information in the stimulus, we do know raising body temperature slightly will have an impact on the amount of deep sleep one experiences, so taking a bath - which raises body temperature slightly - will likely induce deeper sleep. Also, B) talks about the number of beneficial effects exercise has on sleep, whereas the stimulus is specifically about "deep sleep" alone, and not the beneficial effects of exercise in general.

retaking23

Postby retaking23 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:05 pm

The stimulus is concerned only with afternoon exercise. The morning exercise stated in choice B has no support. (It is wrong because because it makes a false extrapolation.)

A, C, and D are wrong for the reasons you wrote.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:19 pm

thanks for the help guys. cleared that up.

Macalpinerules

Postby Macalpinerules » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Another small thing to consider is that in the stimulus, it says that afternoon excersise raises body temperature until AFTER bedtime. For all we know, because morning exercise happens earlier than afternoon excersise would, it may not produce an increase in body temperature that lasts until AFTER bedtime. For all we know, the increase in body temperature that results from morning excersise, if any increase actuallyoccurs durning morning excersise which is not entirely clear, may last up until bedtime, but not AFTER.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”