December LSAT score rumors

gobrue

Re: December LSAT score rumors

Postby gobrue » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:32 pm

Why are you so adamant that scores won't be released? The only indication is based on the last couple releases, which means scores will probably be released in January, but I don't see why you're so certain.

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

dosto

Postby dosto » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:40 pm

Last edited by dosto on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:43 pm

Post removed.

ThetaX

Postby ThetaX » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:00 am

But but but LSAT scores HAVE come out when LSAC has been closed no?

dosto

Postby dosto » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:12 am

Last edited by dosto on Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gobrue

Postby gobrue » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:31 am

PourMeTea wrote:
gobrue wrote:Why are you so adamant that scores won't be released? The only indication is based on the last couple releases, which means scores will probably be released in January, but I don't see why you're so certain.

PourMeTea wrote:They've never been released in less than 18 days after the administration. 18 days from the 7th would fall on Christmas. I'd say it's pretty much out of the realm of possibility.

So what makes 18 days some special number? Seems pretty arbitrary to me

wtrc

Postby wtrc » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:08 am

You have two options:

1) Stress out hardcore, thus not really enjoying the holidays and time with family because you are constantly checking TLS and LSAC.org to see if maybe scores are out. Coming out so soon has never happened before, and any stretched precedent that might exist you need to go back to at least 2007 to find, but hey.... you never know...?

2) Be realistic, realize scores almost certainly aren't coming out, enjoy the holidays, enjoy the fact you don't need to study for the LSAT anymore, start stressing hardcore on Jan 2.

PICK #2

;)

Merry Holidays.

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:09 am

Have they ever released scores at different times?

It would probably make life easier for LSAC releasing the first "wave" before Christmas and then focusing on the most recent testers after their holiday break.

Otherwise they will just have graded tests sitting in their warehouse somewhere. If I were them I would wanna get them out and not worry about dealing with leaving a pile of graded lsats for 2 weeks.

Just my $0.02

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:15 am

These rumors are TTT.

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:33 am

I find it absolutely hilarious that people are coming into this thread exclaiming " it DEFINITELY wont come out tommorow"....the reasons they cite are...well it hasnt in the past so it definitely wont tomorrow!

This is an obvious fallacy and I pray for your LR scores if you think this argument is sound...

jd2121

Postby jd2121 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:27 am

Kevinlomax wrote:I find it absolutely hilarious that people are coming into this thread exclaiming " it DEFINITELY wont come out tommorow"....the reasons they cite are...well it hasnt in the past so it definitely wont tomorrow!

This is an obvious fallacy and I pray for your LR scores if you think this argument is sound...

congrats, champ-- you understand the most basic problem of induction! of course it is fallacious to deny the possibility of event (X) based solely on information about past occurrences of X; thus, it would be similarly fallacious to conclude that the sun will rise tomorrow morning. but guess what? this is a problem for FORMAL LOGIC! In the real world, inductive conclusions are tremendously useful--and in many cases, unbelievably reliable.

so, can I construct a logical proof for the conclusion that the sun will rise tomorrow? NO! How about for the "LSAT scores will not be released tomorrow" conclusion? nope!

yet I would be more than happy to bet you a substantial amount of money that each of these conclusions will prove accurate.

PUT SIMPLY: the naysayers in this thread may be scrooges, but nothing they've said speaks to their (in)ability for logical reasoning. this is a forum, not an LR section--act accordingly, bossman.

gobrue

Postby gobrue » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:45 am

jd2121 wrote:
Kevinlomax wrote:I find it absolutely hilarious that people are coming into this thread exclaiming " it DEFINITELY wont come out tommorow"....the reasons they cite are...well it hasnt in the past so it definitely wont tomorrow!

congrats, champ-- you understand the most basic problem of induction! of course it is fallacious to deny the possibility of event (X) based solely on information about past occurrences of X; thus, it would be similarly fallacious to conclude that the sun will rise tomorrow morning. but guess what? this is a problem for FORMAL LOGIC! In the real world, inductive conclusions are tremendously useful--and in many cases, unbelievably reliable.

so, can I construct a logical proof for the conclusion that the sun will rise tomorrow? NO! How about for the "LSAT scores will not be released tomorrow" conclusion? nope!

yet I would be more than happy to bet you a substantial amount of money that each of these conclusions will prove accurate.

PUT SIMPLY: the naysayers in this thread may be scrooges, but nothing they've said speaks to their (in)ability for logical reasoning. this is a forum, not an LR section--act accordingly, bossman.

you must be fun at parties

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:53 am

gobrue wrote:
jd2121 wrote:

Says the guy who discusses the arbitrariness of the number 18.

jd2121

Postby jd2121 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:11 am

gobrue wrote:
jd2121 wrote:

lol. to be honest, i probably would have thought the same thing if i read my post 5 years ago.

however, i know you are still excited about losing your virginity to some sloth at that frat house blacklight rave party last semester, but i am 26 years old-- you dont have to worry about me crashing any of the "parties" you attend.

oh and the fact still remains that you wont find out about your <155 tomorrow....or the next day....or the next day....or......

gobrue

Postby gobrue » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:56 am

jd2121 wrote:
gobrue wrote:
jd2121 wrote:

lol. to be honest, i probably would have thought the same thing if i read my post 5 years ago.

however, i know you are still excited about losing your virginity to some sloth at that frat house blacklight rave party last semester, but i am 26 years old-- you dont have to worry about me crashing any of the "parties" you attend.

oh and the fact still remains that you wont find out about your <155 tomorrow....or the next day....or the next day....or......

Why you heff to be mad?

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:56 am

Post removed.

Gravitas

Postby Gravitas » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:04 am

In addition (not that this thread horse hasn't been beaten thoroughly) does anybody have any anecdotal evidence they've ever released scores in waves? Several people, including myself, took make-up tests on Saturday. Highly unlikely that they have those scores processed and ready for release within two days.

NotASpecialSnowflake

Postby NotASpecialSnowflake » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:52 pm

I heard that they're coming out on Christmas if you're on the nice list, but if you're on the naughty list, you have to wait until January 6th AND you get coal!

Santa and the LSAC are teaming up this year.

Puffin

Postby Puffin » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Gravitas wrote:In addition (not that this thread horse hasn't been beaten thoroughly) does anybody have any anecdotal evidence they've ever released scores in waves? Several people, including myself, took make-up tests on Saturday. Highly unlikely that they have those scores processed and ready for release within two days.

Now I know who to blame when I can't weep over my scores on Christmas day THANKS.

wealtheow

Postby wealtheow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:31 pm

BUMP

Postby 062914123 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:43 pm

Post removed.

wealtheow

Postby wealtheow » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:51 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
wealtheow wrote:BUMP

reported

yikes. merry christmas to me.

Allegra

Postby Allegra » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:08 am

Puffin wrote:
Gravitas wrote:In addition (not that this thread horse hasn't been beaten thoroughly) does anybody have any anecdotal evidence they've ever released scores in waves? Several people, including myself, took make-up tests on Saturday. Highly unlikely that they have those scores processed and ready for release within two days.

Now I know who to blame when I can't weep over my scores on Christmas day THANKS.

Uh, yeah, like we ASKED to spend a week wondering when the h*ll we were going to take the d*mn test (and then another week stressing about studying for it). I will take distracting myself from thinking about my score over stressing about taking the test any day.

But I am curious whether there is any way to predict whether scores will come out at the same time (what I think has happened recently) or whether scores might be released on different days.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”