need help - getting the SAME questions wrong again

flash21

need help - getting the SAME questions wrong again

Postby flash21 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:13 pm

Hi guys, will summarize my issue:

- i keep track of LR section right/wrong
- i took the same section i did a while ago
- noticed all the ones I got wrong before , i got wrong AGAIN on the second time!

Now, I feel like I review my wrong answers carefully, but apparently not. This is worrying for me, since I take this as I am not learning from my mistakes at this point. Anyone have advice? Am I just reviewing really shitty then?

JDeezy

Re: need help - getting the SAME questions wrong again

Postby JDeezy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:15 pm

This is good news. Your mistakes are consistent and predictable. Now just need to figure out how exactly they are correctable.

What method are you using to review? Do you ID question types (at least on the harder ones) before answering? Are you using a certain book to review? The green LR bible lists all questions by type pretty clearly.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:31 pm

JDeezy wrote:This is good news. Your mistakes are consistent and predictable. Now just need to figure out how exactly they are correctable.

What method are you using to review? Do you ID question types (at least on the harder ones) before answering? Are you using a certain book to review? The green LR bible lists all questions by type pretty clearly.

The way I review is after I find out I got the answer wrong, I'll look up explanations or try to explain to myself why the answer was right and the other ones were wrong, and once I think I've done that adequately I guess thats kinda it. Should I be doing a lot more?

I have the bundles organized by type

iamgeorgebush

Postby iamgeorgebush » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:19 pm

When reviewing wrong answers, write out both why the response you chose is incorrect and why the credited response is correct. If there were any tempting responses that ended up being incorrect, write out why those are incorrect too.

Then, after you've done that for a question, write out what it was about your process that caused you to answer the way you did. This is a separate issue from what makes the answer wrong/right. The first step is about the question, and the second is about you.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:07 am

iamgeorgebush wrote:When reviewing wrong answers, write out both why the response you chose is incorrect and why the credited response is correct. If there were any tempting responses that ended up being incorrect, write out why those are incorrect too.

Then, after you've done that for a question, write out what it was about your process that caused you to answer the way you did. This is a separate issue from what makes the answer wrong/right. The first step is about the question, and the second is about you.

Thanks. I was neglecting the second half of your post. I've literally got why its right/wrong out in a word document, but I guess I didn't fix what I did myself causing me to think the answer was correct in the first place. thanks. will be aware

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”