Waiting for December LSAT scores Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Irvine2000

New

Waiting for December LSAT scores

Post by Irvine2000 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:00 pm

Does anyone else think its criminal making us wait a month to get our scores back? Its a scantron, how long can it take to process these?

I know they have to figure out the distribution for percentiles, but even that is probably done by computer.

Anyone else feel the same?

Jeffort

Gold

Re: Waiting for December LSAT scores

Post by Jeffort » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:17 pm

No, I like to think that most people seeking law school are mature and experienced enough in life to realize scoring 10,000-30,000+ LSATs administered all over the world is not as simple as just walking a stack of scantrons down the hall to a scanner machine to score tests and get grades out quickly to make impatient students happy like UG professors can do with tests for the small groups of students in their classes.

gobrue

New

Post by gobrue » Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:44 am

Jeffort wrote:No, I like to think that most people seeking law school are mature and experienced enough in life to realize scoring 10,000-30,000+ LSATs administered all over the world is not as simple as just walking a stack of scantrons down the hall to a scanner machine to score tests and get grades out quickly to make impatient students happy like UG professors can do with tests for the small groups of students in their classes.
GRE and GMAT have made it even more simple than your scenario

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:12 am

:|
The GMAT and GRE recycle questions and are computerized. They are objectively worse tests than the process used on the LSAT. You can't release scores until every loose end is tied up, makeup tests are issues, irregularities are resolved, cheaters are caught etc. Percentiles aren't even calculated based on the test you take, they are based on a 5 year average, and can change after score release. Every year this comes up, and its dumb...

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:21 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yazzzay

Bronze

Post by Yazzzay » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:42 am

Irvine2000 wrote:Does anyone else think its criminal making us wait a month to get our scores back? Its a scantron, how long can it take to process these?

I know they have to figure out the distribution for percentiles, but even that is probably done by computer.

Yes. I don't know how anyone would disagree with this. 2 more weeeeks.

John_rizzy_rawls

Gold

Post by John_rizzy_rawls » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:01 am

Yazzzay wrote:
Irvine2000 wrote:Does anyone else think its criminal making us wait a month to get our scores back? Its a scantron, how long can it take to process these?

I would disagree with it. Calm down.

MrsHello

New

Post by MrsHello » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Yazzzay wrote:

+1

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”