when can i take the lsat again? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Bronze

when can i take the lsat again?

Post by 05062014 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:48 pm

I took it Oct 12 for first time and Oct 13 for third time... Can I retake in June of 14? I read somewhere that the new year to escape the 3 in 2 yr rule starts in June... Can anyone confirm?

objection_your_honor

Silver

Re: when can i take the lsat again?

Post by objection_your_honor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:56 pm

October 2014.

EDIT: Although I'm not sure what you mean by the last part of your post. What do you mean by "escape the 3 in 2 year rule"? Did LSAC change their policy?

Bronze

Post by 05062014 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:59 pm

Ur positive ? Doesn't lsac divide years by cycle?

Bronze

Post by 05062014 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:00 pm

Take the lsat 3 times by every 2 cycles/years

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:02 pm

abdistotle wrote:Ur positive ? Doesn't lsac divide years by cycle?
From LSAC's LSAT FAQ:
Normally, you may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period. This policy applies even if you cancel your score or it is not otherwise reported. LSAC reserves the right to withdraw your registration, rescind your admission ticket, or take any other steps necessary to enforce this policy.

For significant extenuating circumstances, exceptions to this policy may be made by LSAC. To request an exception, submit a signed, detailed explanation—along with verification, if possible—addressing the circumstances that you feel make you eligible to retake the LSAT and specify the date that you wish to test. E-mail your request as an attachment to LSACinfo@LSAC.org or send it by fax to 215.968.1277.

You will be notified by e-mail of approval or denial of your request. Be sure to submit your request well in advance of the regular registration deadline so that you can receive timely notification of our decision. Barring unforeseen circumstances, LSAC will respond within seven working days of its receipt. LSAC's decisions are final.
I think "two-year period" means just that. No mention of counting by admissions cycles.

EDIT: This thread also has a post by a user that called LSAC about this: http://www.top-law-schools.com/archives ... 1&start=25
Last edited by objection_your_honor on Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:04 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:October 2014.
TITCR.

Bronze

Post by 05062014 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:05 pm

I think im gonna contact them. I cudda swore I read somewhere that each June began a new testing year for lsac. Thanks tho

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:08 pm

abdistotle wrote:I think im gonna contact them. I cudda swore I read somewhere that each June began a new testing year for lsac. Thanks tho
Nope.
Its sort of is by "cycles" of LSAT (meaning Oct-Dec-Feb-June).
So you are eligible for the next October LSAT, but it doesn't matter if the day happens to be before the technical 2 year date. Say your first Oct test date was the Oct 8, but the next Oct LSAT happens to be Oct 3, you are still eligible.

Bronze

Post by 05062014 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:22 pm

rebexness wrote:
abdistotle wrote:I think im gonna contact them. I cudda swore I read somewhere that each June began a new testing year for lsac. Thanks tho
Nope.
So you are eligible for the next October LSAT, but it doesn't matter if the day happens to be before the technical 2 year date. Say your first Oct test date was the Oct 8, but the next Oct LSAT happens to be Oct 3, you are still eligible.
Damn I was hoping to help my mild splitter status for this cycle by retaking in June... I have some interesting issues that came up two out of three lsat administrations, including on my third attempt that I did pretty well on... So maybe I'll try asking... Couldn't hurt to try

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:55 pm

abdistotle wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Nope.
Damn I was hoping to help my mild splitter status for this cycle by retaking in June... I have some interesting issues that came up two out of three lsat administrations, including on my third attempt that I did pretty well on... So maybe I'll try asking... Couldn't hurt to try
Nope, it doesn't. But I would caution to not get your hopes up - it's very rare to get approved. The only case I've heard of (verified by me personally) is someone who had an undiagnosed, chronic condition whose symptoms affected mental acuity; the condition was diagnosed after they hit their limit; and the condition was fixed.

Bronze

Post by 05062014 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:08 pm

bp shinners wrote:
abdistotle wrote:
rebexness wrote:
Nope.
Nope, it doesn't. But I would caution to not get your hopes up - it's very rare to get approved. The only case I've heard of (verified by me personally) is someone who had an undiagnosed, chronic condition whose symptoms affected mental acuity; the condition was diagnosed after they hit their limit; and the condition was fixed.

Thanks.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”