LG Advice

js123

LG Advice

Postby js123 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:54 am

I am really struggling with logic games, particularly getting the timing down for it. I've been using practice tests and reviewing them with 7sage and have seen some improvement but not enough. Just based on your own personal experiences and/or what you've heard, what books would you recommend? Powerscore? Manhattan? Anything else?

Nova

Re: LG Advice

Postby Nova » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:09 am

use these materials: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=195603

drill drill drill. helps you get used to recurring rules and patterns.

get good at easy games. easy games only take 5 mins when you get good at them. that banks you time for difficult games

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:58 am

js123 wrote:I am really struggling with logic games, particularly getting the timing down for it. I've been using practice tests and reviewing them with 7sage and have seen some improvement but not enough. Just based on your own personal experiences and/or what you've heard, what books would you recommend? Powerscore? Manhattan? Anything else?

If you're having issues just with timing, and not with accuracy, it's time to start redoing the games until you can breeze through them quickly. Every single game is just a variation of some basic archetypes, and if you start to recognize combinations of rules across games, then you can vastly cut down on time.

For instance, if you're in a grouping game, you might have these rules:
If Teri is on the panel, Henri isn't.
If Henri is on the panel, Joaquin isn't.
If Aloysius isn't on the panel, Teri is.

If you can quickly see the first two as "can't be both" and the third as "at least one", you're in good shape. If you know automatically that you can't combine two "can't be both" rules, but you can combine an "at least one" and a "can't be both", you're in great shape - you'll make the deduction in a minimal amount of time.

keruan

Postby keruan » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:37 pm

js123 wrote:I am really struggling with logic games, particularly getting the timing down for it. I've been using practice tests and reviewing them with 7sage and have seen some improvement but not enough. Just based on your own personal experiences and/or what you've heard, what books would you recommend? Powerscore? Manhattan? Anything else?

I think the most important is build you own mark system and practice. Make every rule clear so you do not need review them again and again.

Fiero85

Postby Fiero85 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:24 pm

Nova wrote:use these materials: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195603

drill drill drill. helps you get used to recurring rules and patterns.

get good at easy games. easy games only take 5 mins when you get good at them. that banks you time for difficult games

This is a good tip. I neverbroke past the 9-12 min range on some of the harder games, but with practice, I learned to polish off the two easier games of any given section in 10-12 mins combined. That is clutch for addressing the hardest game, which might just take awhile to go through.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”