LSAT Books? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Mr.Esquire

New

LSAT Books?

Post by Mr.Esquire » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Sorry for not using a more descriptive title, I just wrote down the simplest and quickest thing that popped in my head.

So I am nearing the end of THE LSAT TRAINER. I had both the LG and LR Bibles. I also have the MLSAT LR and Atlas RC books.

I have seen a few times on this forum that people's advice is to hit the Bibles first before going to Manhattan. I wanted to know if anyone could elaborate on why?

I have also heard that reading different programs books, can lead to confusion of what system or train of thought to use for the different questions types. I know that Mike from THE LSAT TRAINER used to work for Manhattan and so the Trainer and MLSAT will have some similarities.

Is it still worth it for me to read through the bibles before going on to either the MLSAT or the Atlas RC book?

meegee

Bronze

Re: LSAT Books?

Post by meegee » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:28 pm

People advise you to go through Powerscore before Manhattan because the Manhattan books go a little more in-depth. There really isn't a big difference, you won't be doomed if you go through Manhattan first. Additionally, there could just be some bias from people who went through Powerscore first before moving on to Manhattan. It worked out for them, so they recommended it.

Different companies use different categories. Their mere existence is to break down the question types to make it easier to learn/teach. Don't get too hung up on question types. This is one thing I didn't like about Powerscore, their stressing of being able to identify question types. Just drill and practice. After enough drilling, you'll be able to recognize question types, even if you don't know exactly what the name is.

To make myself more clear: There is no need to memorize question types.

Cambridge's website has a useful post about question types that converts them across different companies: http://www.cambridgelsat.com/resources/ ... ion-types/

I would suggest you to read through Manhattan after you finish the Trainer. You can look into moving through the Bibles after that, to touch upon weak areas that you need more help with.

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:50 pm

once you understand the material just move to drilling; if you've gotten that from what you've used then great, move on to applying it to the actual material. If you understand the games/questions etc then this is your best route.

Mr.Esquire

New

Post by Mr.Esquire » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:15 am

As of right now I am at about -3 to -4 on games so Im pretty much just going to iron out those last misses by DRILLING DRILLING DRILLING. My LR could still use some work so that is why I got MLSAT, and my RC could use work as well. My RC seems to be very inconsistence, which I think can be attributed partly to losing focus. For example I have had times where I will 4 out of each of the first sections and then be -0 the rest of the way through.

Thanks for the tips, I think I will transition straight from the trainer into MLSAT LR book.

If there are any advocated for the bible before manhattan approach, and can explain the reasoning I would love to hear.

fastforward

Bronze

Post by fastforward » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:26 am

If you've already gone through all those books, drilling by type would be a great next step. Our clients use the Cambridge sets for LR and LG through PT 38, followed by 4-section sets in 39-49 to master timing.

Mr.Esquire

New

Post by Mr.Esquire » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:47 am

Fastforward I am now just finishing LSAT Trainer. I was asking why someone people advise going through the BIbles before moving on to MLSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”