question about LSAT Prep books (powerscore bibles)

KA631LGH

question about LSAT Prep books (powerscore bibles)

Postby KA631LGH » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:22 pm

Hello all, I am looking to buy all 3 of the powerscore bibles. My question is: do they update these books? (i.e if I buy them on amazon, is there a chance that I get an old version which is used for older tests?)

thank you in advance

meegee

Re: question about LSAT Prep books (powerscore bibles)

Postby meegee » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:32 pm

I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking.

When you buy stuff on Amazon, they list all the relevant information, including the edition. So edition 4 would be more recent than edition 3. You can also assume that edition 4 is more updated than edition 3.

The LSAT hasn't really changed since like 1990. People were using older versions of the Bibles before and they were fine. You should probably read some stickied guides, particularly the the Beginner's guide.

KA631LGH

Postby KA631LGH » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 am

meegee wrote:I'm not quite sure I understand what you're asking.

When you buy stuff on Amazon, they list all the relevant information, including the edition. So edition 4 would be more recent than edition 3. You can also assume that edition 4 is more updated than edition 3.

The LSAT hasn't really changed since like 1990. People were using older versions of the Bibles before and they were fine. You should probably read some stickied guides, particularly the the Beginner's guide.

let me try and answer your question with a question.... let's say I plan on taking the LSAT 2 years from now, if I purchase the books (published in 2009-2010 AND/OR edition 2-3) would the material still be relevant 2 years from now?

meegee

Postby meegee » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:33 am

It will still be relevant.

ETA: The LSAT hasn't really changed since the 1990s. You could pick up the first edition of the Bibles and I would say they are still relevant. That being said, you should try to get the newest editions.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:42 am

The LSAT is a standardized test and isn't going to suddenly change. If you're not planning on taking the LSAT until two years from now, just get the current editions when you are ready to start studying in case an update is made between now and then. You shouldn't start prepping two years out since you'd just dabble here and there wasting LSAT materials that would be better to have fresh closer to when you actually need to get into LSAT mode.

heydude

Postby heydude » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:08 pm

I'm not sure about the other books but I recently bought the Logic Games bible and on the front it says "Revised for 2013! over 200 pages of new material"

So in response to your question I would say yes.

mornincounselor

Post removed.

Postby mornincounselor » Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BPlaura

Postby BPlaura » Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:37 pm

Agree w/ Jeffort that you shouldn't start studying until closer to when you're actually planning on taking the test - studying now will essentially be a waste of time.

However, the LSAT does very rarely change suddenly - for instance, they added the comparative reading passage in June 2007 (although it looks like they provided advance notice of this change).

For the most part you'd probably be safe buying books now - but again, it doesn't make much sense to start studying now.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”