One more cancellation thread.

AOT

One more cancellation thread.

Postby AOT » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:09 am

I have seen the dozens of cancellation threads on the forum, so sorry in advance to anyone who reads and helps!

I had a misbubbling/timing nightmare in the last ten minutes of the December LSAT and so reckon I'll be down between 5 and 7 marks. I feel like the two LR sections went very well, not so sure about the LG - I rushed, but managed to finish. I've been PTing between 170 and 179, which I realise is a big range. My main issue was normally finishing the games, so that's where I tend to lose or gain 3 or 4 marks. I think there's a small chance I could still have scraped a 170, but whatever happens it won't reflect my ability which is what sucks the most.

Is it worth waiting to see what my score is? I'm a black female candidate. Was hoping for NYU, Columbia or HYS.

My options seem to be: cancel and retake or keep the score and still retake. What should I do??

FlyingNorth

Re: One more cancellation thread.

Postby FlyingNorth » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:08 pm

Wait and see.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:10 pm

There is someone on this forum that took the LSAT in October and thought he misbubbled the last few questions of a section, as well. He ended up with a 174.

There's no harm in seeing the score.

AOT

Postby AOT » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:12 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:There is someone on this forum that took the LSAT in October and thought he misbubbled the last few questions of a section, as well. He ended up with a 174.

There's no harm in seeing the score.

It wasn't just misbubbling - I hope I sorted that out. It was guessing an entire (long) reading comp section, which will put me back by at least 5 marks.

Thanks for your advice!

EDIT:

Also, is there really no harm? I feel like responses on here tend to be cancel and apply next cycle if you feel you underperformed. It's made me worry that schools will really count a lower score against me.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:23 pm

Consensus is that there is a possibility that Yale or Stanford take multiple takes into account. Other schools generally don't to any measurable degree. This forum is filled with people who scored ~165-166-174 and now attend a T14.

EDIT: I should add that if you are gunning for Y/S, a cancel is probably not viewed much differently than a low score anyway. If they prefer to see one score, that ship has sailed since a "cancel" will still appear on your LSAC report.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”