why is there no LSAT competitor?

Allegra

why is there no LSAT competitor?

Postby Allegra » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:25 am

I should confess that today I am seriously ticked at the LSAT/LSAC over the handling of tests that were cancelled on Saturday. I don't fault LSAC for cancelling but come on, it has been FOUR DAYS (actually, five, since my test was cancelled on Friday) and you can't be bothered to let me know what is happening?

I understand that some people are starting to get emails with confirmed make-up dates, but if not for this forum I would be completely in the dark about anything and everything related to the make-up. That is unacceptable.

Just wish I could say, f*** the LSAT, I'm taking a different test . . .

Wrong Marx

Re: why is there no LSAT competitor?

Postby Wrong Marx » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:35 am

Allegra wrote:I should confess that today I am seriously ticked at the LSAT/LSAC over the handling of tests that were cancelled on Saturday. I don't fault LSAC for cancelling but come on, it has been FOUR DAYS (actually, five, since my test was cancelled on Friday) and you can't be bothered to let me know what is happening?

I understand that some people are starting to get emails with confirmed make-up dates, but if not for this forum I would be completely in the dark about anything and everything related to the make-up. That is unacceptable.

Just wish I could say, f*** the LSAT, I'm taking a different test . . .

Have you considered Rutgers-Camden? http://articles.philly.com/2013-12-07/n ... an-solomon

fnma2jd

Postby fnma2jd » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:52 am

I read that Harvard was switching to GMAT. Their site still says LSAT is required so I don't know if that is accurate.

Although I've studied for both the GMAT and LSAT and its way easier studying for LSAT. GMAT doesn't publish as much so a lot of GMAT studying resources actually use LSAT.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/ha ... -gmat.html

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:55 am

fnma2jd wrote:I read that Harvard was switching to GMAT. Their site still says LSAT is required so I don't know if that is accurate.

Although I've studied for both the GMAT and LSAT and its way easier studying for LSAT. GMAT doesn't publish as much so a lot of GMAT studying resources actually use LSAT.

Have you never heard of April fools? :P

I laugh every time somebody is gullible enough to take that article seriously, just like when someone goes nutz on Facebook about a story from The Onion. lol

jd2121

Postby jd2121 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:06 am

the LSAT arguably has the highest predictive validity of any standardized test in existence. it aint going anywhere--sorry, suckas! step your logic game up or dont go to law school

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:10 am

jd2121 wrote:the LSAT arguably has the highest predictive validity of any standardized test in existence. it aint going anywhere--sorry, suckas! step your logic game up or dont go to law school

Oh common man, let em vent, a bunch of people just got screwed by the weather and are kinda stressed about their prep efforts/plan getting a big monkey wrench thrown in the gears. I feel for the weather delayed test takers, really shitty situation to end up in especially with trying to figure out how much if any prep to do this week not knowing when to be ready for, that's the worst part. Glad to see in the other thread that some re-schedule dates have now been established. Not knowing at this point would be horrible for figuring out to take a PT or not.

fnma2jd

Postby fnma2jd » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:19 am

Jeffort wrote:
fnma2jd wrote:I read that Harvard was switching to GMAT. Their site still says LSAT is required so I don't know if that is accurate.

Have you never heard of April fools? :P

I laugh every time somebody is gullible enough to take that article seriously, just like when someone goes nutz on Facebook about a story from The Onion. lol

Wow FAIL on my part. I completely overlooked the date on this. The sad part is I googled it to double check the accuracy and other place picked it up

vicpin5190

Postby vicpin5190 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:36 am

They should create the LACT to compete with the LSAT. Chaos would ensue.

Allegra

Postby Allegra » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:51 pm

jd2121 wrote:the LSAT arguably has the highest predictive validity of any standardized test in existence. it aint going anywhere--sorry, suckas! step your logic game up or dont go to law school

Hello, if you read (and comprehended) my post, you would have realized that my complaint is not with the substance of the test but with the attitude and behavior of the company that administers it.

Additionally, just because the LSAT has good predictive validity does not mean that another test could not have just as good, or even better, predictive validity. It is terrible that applicants are completely stuck with the LSAT. I really think if there was another option, I would at least have heard something from LSAC since my test was cancelled last Friday. It's finals, and the holidays, and my plans are totally disrupted and up in the air, but LSAC could not care less. Because they know I am stuck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”