December 2013 (Saturday Exempt Test Takers) Waiting Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
t0va89

New

December 2013 (Saturday Exempt Test Takers) Waiting Thread

Post by t0va89 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:36 pm

What did you all think?

LG-CR-LR-LR-CR

I found games to be surprisingly difficult.

Hotguy

Bronze

Re: December 2013 (Saturday Exempt Test Takers) Waiting Thread

Post by Hotguy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:38 pm

Did u have summaries for lg? Curious if it was the same.
. Probably not.

t0va89

New

Post by t0va89 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:40 pm

Hotguy wrote:Did u have summaries for lg? Curious if it was the same.
. Probably not.
Unfortunately, our test was totally different. I was all over these boards the night before (which proved to be a huge waste of time).

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:41 pm

I figured as much.

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:00 pm

t0va89 wrote:
Hotguy wrote:Did u have summaries for lg? Curious if it was the same.
. Probably not.
Unfortunately, our test was totally different. I was all over these boards the night before (which proved to be a huge waste of time).
Lol...there was a 200% chance it would be different, 0% chance it would be the same. LSAC isn't that dumb.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bhs12

Bronze

Post by bhs12 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:13 pm

I had the same order and exactly the same perception of the games. The last three were particularly awkward and difficult to diagram. I felt like I was guessing/relying much more on 'intuition' (rather than concrete, diagram-based knowledge) than usual.

I thought the first reading section (section two) was generally easier than the final one, though the disparity didn't seem too outrageous... LR seemed generally okay? Hopefully we're right and the games were particularly hard (making us the beneficiaries of a generous curve).

t0va89

New

Post by t0va89 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:41 pm

bhs12 wrote:I had the same order and exactly the same perception of the games. The last three were particularly awkward and difficult to diagram. I felt like I was guessing/relying much more on 'intuition' (rather than concrete, diagram-based knowledge) than usual.

I thought the first reading section (section two) was generally easier than the final one, though the disparity didn't seem too outrageous... LR seemed generally okay? Hopefully we're right and the games were particularly hard (making us the beneficiaries of a generous curve).
So glad to hear from a fellow Monday test taker!!

LG were incredibly difficult in my opinion, and usually I breeze through them. I also thought games 2, 3, and 4 were particularly challenging (especially given how I've found games to generally have 1 hard problem and 3 easy ones) I couldn't even diagram one of them.

CR I had a typo in one of my sections so I'm hoping that was the EXP section. I found the 2nd set to be easier and I'm praying it was the one that counted.

LR I also found to be very easy-- finished both sections within the allotted time with maybe 2 questions that I had to skip and come back to.
Last edited by t0va89 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

rebyid

New

Post by rebyid » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:50 pm

I had the same order. my LG was also harder than average. had to guess most of the last game....
im hoping the second RC was the expiramental.
wish I knew how to find out.

p3aceandl0v3

New

Post by p3aceandl0v3 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Yay! I'm glad someone started this thread.
I had LR-LG-CR-LG-LR. From what I've read on different threads, it seems the second games section was experimental (it was the one with the emperor's reign). This is unfortunate because obviously this one was much easier.
I'm not sure if this is allowed - let me know if its not and I'll delete - but my RC had passages about photographs, advertising, and indian's land - so i think this is the real rc.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

t0va89

New

Post by t0va89 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:53 pm

p3aceandl0v3 wrote:Yay! I'm glad someone started this thread.
I had LR-LG-CR-LG-LR. From what I've read on different threads, it seems the second games section was experimental (it was the one with the emperor's reign). This is unfortunate because obviously this one was much easier.
I'm not sure if this is allowed - let me know if its not and I'll delete - but my RC had passages about photographs, advertising, and indian's land - so i think this is the real rc.
Everyone I've spoken to thus far said games were insane so here's to hoping for a stellar curve. :roll:

Gah, I wish I could remember the topics for my RC sections because I'm dying to know which one was EXP (literally, my score hangs in the balance). I can't remember what the comparative reading was about for my 5th section since I had to speed through that part.
Last edited by t0va89 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

bhs12

Bronze

Post by bhs12 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Property ownership and... a minority population?

lsatreader

New

Post by lsatreader » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:04 pm

I remember that the comparative reading for my 2nd section was about property ownership.
I'm pretty sure that is the section he refers to with the Native Indian land (in the later RC).

t0va89

New

Post by t0va89 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:31 pm

lsatreader wrote:
I remember that the comparative reading for my 2nd section was about property ownership.
I'm pretty sure that is the section he refers to with the Native Indian land (in the later RC).
I think I have a really bad case of selective memory...
Last edited by t0va89 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lsatreader

New

Post by lsatreader » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:36 pm

t0va89 wrote:
lsatreader wrote:
What was your P1 about in S2? Hopefully if the topic sounds unfamiliar to me, that'll be the section that had the glaring typo that I had to skip aka the one I'm PRAYING is EXP.

I am not 100% sure, but the very fact that I think I can remember the four passages should reflect that it was the section 5 one. There was the darwin you mentioned, photography, comparative ownership-transfer rights vs indians, and advertisements exploiting needs.

Sec 2 had fishing effect of growth/size of fish. Don't remember the rest. (This one I am 100% sure about.)

Edit: Oh, it's coming back now. Sec 2 also had voting rights for minority populations or something like that.

t0va89

New

Post by t0va89 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:41 pm

lsatreader wrote:
t0va89 wrote:
lsatreader wrote:
What was your P1 about in S2? Hopefully if the topic sounds unfamiliar to me, that'll be the section that had the glaring typo that I had to skip aka the one I'm PRAYING is EXP.

I am not 100% sure, but the very fact that I think I can remember the four passages should reflect that it was the section 5 one. There was the darwin you mentioned, photography, comparative ownership-transfer rights vs indians, and advertisements exploiting needs.

Sec 2 had fishing effect of growth/size of fish. Don't remember the rest. (This one I am 100% sure about.)

Edit: Oh, it's coming back now. Sec 2 also had voting rights for minority populations or something like that.

Your memory is AMAZING!!! Given the typo on my test I'm hoping that section is the EXP one. My 1st paragraph had sentences that cut off midway through and discussed content from completely separate topics. Proctors agreed they had never seen anything like it. There's no way of knowing but i'd like to think they'd scrutinize the sections that DO count more closely.

lsatreader

New

Post by lsatreader » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Your memory is AMAZING!!! Given the typo on my test I'm hoping that section is the EXP one. My 1st paragraph had sentences that cut off midway through and discussed content from completely separate topics. Proctors agreed they had never seen anything like it. There's no way of knowing but i'd like to think they'd scrutinize the sections that DO count more closely.
Thanks. So I guess based on the other poster's comment we can assume the 2 was experimental?

Ps. Your first paragraph was unreadable and you just plowed through the test?
Last edited by lsatreader on Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p3aceandl0v3

New

Post by p3aceandl0v3 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:50 pm

t0va89 wrote:
Everyone I've spoken to thus far said games were insane so here's to hoping for a stellar curve. :roll:

Gah, I wish I could remember the topics for my RC sections because I'm dying to know which one was EXP (literally, my score hangs in the balance). I remember that the comparative reading for my 2nd section was about property ownership. Did you see this? (Please say no!!). I can't remember what the comparative reading was about for my 5th section since I had to speed through that part (it was my last passage) and I recall the science passage was first.
Yeah, the indian's land one was the one about property ownership, so i'm thinking this is the real one. sorry :(
What games did everyone with experimental RC have?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

p3aceandl0v3

New

Post by p3aceandl0v3 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:51 pm

lsatreader wrote:
she :lol:

lsatreader

New

Post by lsatreader » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:53 pm

p3aceandl0v3 wrote:
lsatreader wrote:
she :lol:
thanks. another typo. But she should be used to typos by now. especially with that messed-up section she got.

lsatreader

New

Post by lsatreader » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:03 pm

p3aceandl0v3 wrote:
t0va89 wrote:

Gah, I wish I could remember the topics for my RC sections because I'm dying to know which one was EXP (literally, my score hangs in the balance). I remember that the comparative reading for my 2nd section was about property ownership. Did you see this? (Please say no!!). I can't remember what the comparative reading was about for my 5th section since I had to speed through that part (it was my last passage) and I recall the science passage was first.
Yeah, the indian's land one was the one about property ownership, so i'm thinking this is the real one. sorry :(
Did the Native Indian RC also have a Darwin passage?

I don't remember LG much because I disregard the details when I do them. The first was sequence, and I think the last was a 3-group game.

p3aceandl0v3

New

Post by p3aceandl0v3 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:11 pm

lsatreader wrote:
p3aceandl0v3 wrote:
t0va89 wrote:

Did the Native Indian RC also have a Darwin passage?

I don't remember LG much because I disregard the details when I do them. The first was sequence, and I think the last was a 3-group game.
Yeah, it was Darwin, photographs, advertising, Native Indians iirc

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RachelGld

New

Post by RachelGld » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:21 pm

Mine today was: LR-LG-RC-LG-LR

Therefore one of the games section was experimental. One LG section seemed markedly harder than the other (the first).

How to tell which is experimental?!

My RC section also had: Property rights and Native Indians, Advertisements, Photography and Darwin.

:D

lsatreader

New

Post by lsatreader » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:28 pm

RachelGld wrote:Mine today was: LR-LG-RC-LG-LR

Therefore one of the games section was experimental. One LG section seemed markedly harder than the other (the first).

My RC section also had: Property rights and Native Indians, Advertisements, Photography and Darwin.

It's slowly coming back to me.
Last edited by lsatreader on Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

t0va89

New

Post by t0va89 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Potentially stupid question-- if I had 2 RC sections, does my section that mirrored your topics definitely represent the section that counted?

The game that counted was (in my opinion) extremely hard, so possibly the hard section you're referring to. The last game was about flowers, I believe.
Last edited by t0va89 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

RachelGld

New

Post by RachelGld » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:32 pm

t0va89 wrote:

Potentially stupid question-- if I had 2 RC sections, does my section that mirrored your topics definitely represent the section that counted?

The game that counted was (in my opinion) extremely hard, so possibly the hard section you're referring to. The 2nd question had 3 variables we needed to sort (1-3 PM, people, and something else), the last game was about flowers, I believe.
Thanks for the reply. How do you deduce that the harder LG was the experimental one?

In reply to your question - I have NO idea! Lol :) Good luck though!
Last edited by RachelGld on Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”