Dec . 7 cancelled - take make-up test now or wait until Feb? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Allegra

New

Dec . 7 cancelled - take make-up test now or wait until Feb?

Post by Allegra » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:53 pm

So my test on Saturday was cancelled because of weather. I am assuming that the make-up will be scheduled for this Saturday, and that it will be an unreleased February test.

I am now reading that the February tests are thought to be substantially different from the other, disclosed tests. First of all, is this true? And if it is, does it apply more to new February tests or also to the older ones (I am assuming the make-up test would be an older one, while of course the February 2014 would be new).

Someone with some knowledge please help me - I have exams this week and I am tempted to put the LSAT off until February, but I don't want some horrible different test . . .

Hotguy

Bronze

Re: Dec . 7 cancelled - take make-up test now or wait until Feb?

Post by Hotguy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:55 pm

It's not substantially different. Just unreleased.

nervouspervus

New

Post by nervouspervus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:16 pm

Yeah, just because a test is "unreleased" does not mean that it is "substantially different". I understand your hesitancy,but, realize that it would be counterproductive for the LSAC to try to trick as many people as possible during a particular administration simply because said test is undisclosed. Their goal is to administer a test that will challenge a student as equally as it were any other test. If you're concerned that the gains you've made during study are simply the result of being familiar with past tests' question type trends, and that the questions on the February test might be more experimental in nature and thus throw you through a loop, then don't be. The LSAC couldn't maintain the integrity of testing consistency if the questions were too deviant from the norm because the data they collect to standardize the test is mostly from students whose scores are also dependent upon having a familiarity with the material. Anything too weird would compromise that integrity...

fnma2jd

Bronze

Post by fnma2jd » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:22 pm

With the exception of the one based on june, the india LSATs are modified versions of February tests. I found this out by mistake because I was trying to see if anyone had covered one of the games. I googled them and there was a link to someone talking about february2003 lsat. Look over those and it'll give you a good idea of what a febrary lsat looks like. One exception is that they're modified to be easier and some have less answers but at least its proof that february isn't completely different.

KingJamesLBJ

Bronze

Post by KingJamesLBJ » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:29 pm

fnma2jd wrote:With the exception of the one based on june, the india LSATs are modified versions of February tests. I found this out by mistake because I was trying to see if anyone had covered one of the games. I googled them and there was a link to someone talking about february2003 lsat. Look over those and it'll give you a good idea of what a febrary lsat looks like. One exception is that they're modified to be easier and some have less answers but at least its proof that february isn't completely different.
Where can i find the India test

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fnma2jd

Bronze

Post by fnma2jd » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:42 pm

KingJamesLBJ wrote:
fnma2jd wrote:With the exception of the one based on june, the india LSATs are modified versions of February tests. I found this out by mistake because I was trying to see if anyone had covered one of the games. I googled them and there was a link to someone talking about february2003 lsat. Look over those and it'll give you a good idea of what a febrary lsat looks like. One exception is that they're modified to be easier and some have less answers but at least its proof that february isn't completely different.
Where can i find the India test
--LinkRemoved--

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:48 am

I strongly discourage you from taking a Feb. test, based on my personal experience.

Just seeing your score and your percentile, but being unable to see what you got wrong, could be soul-crushing.

That being said- no, they're not any different. People may just think that because they never get to see their stuff.

TLS2011

New

Post by TLS2011 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:10 pm

How much truth is there to this?

amc987

Silver

Post by amc987 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:20 pm

This India test thing sounds super shady. First of all, I clicked on one of the tests and I am almost positive that it is a mix of questions from a 2007 test that was given in the US. The games were the same (the 2nd game had different players but the structure was the same). The passages were the same, and a lot of the LR questions were the same.

I don't know how anyone would be able to reliably know whether the India tests are similar to unreleased February administrations. I took a February test, and I don't remember it being significantly different from the tests that are disclosed in other months.

If you're ready to take the test now, you should do it now. If you're not ready now, maybe you should wait. Either way, the idea that the February test is different shouldn't be what sways your decision.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:06 pm

magickware wrote:I strongly discourage you from taking a Feb. test, based on my personal experience.

Just seeing your score and your percentile, but being unable to see what you got wrong, could be soul-crushing.

That being said- no, they're not any different. People may just think that because they never get to see their stuff.
Our score will be undisclosed with the December retake as well so I don't think this will make much of a difference.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”