Powerscore bibles Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Young Marino

Silver

Powerscore bibles

Post by Young Marino » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:49 am

I'm wondering how those that used the powerscore bibles feel about using these for self study. My first go around with the lsat I got a 154 after taking a Kaplan course and the course was actually pretty terrible but it was a 14 point increase from my diagnostic 3 months earlier. I really feel that if I waited to take in October and did some self study after, I could have gotten a much higher score. So my question for TLS is: Are the ps bibles and taking a bunch of pts enough when doing self study to get at MINIMUM 6-8 point increase from my first lsat score? I plan to take June 2014 and will be take my first pt this week. Ideally, I'd love to get a 12-14 point increase.

Pneumonia

Gold

Re: Powerscore bibles

Post by Pneumonia » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:01 am

you're going to need more than just the bibles and PT's. at a minimum also get the cambridge packets so that you can drill questions. Kaplan has a bad rep on here, and a lot of it is deserved, so maybe check out some other resources before doing any more PT's. In fact, don't start doing PT's at all until you feel like you've mastered all the question types in all the sections, otherwise you'll be wasting them. Focus on gaining understanding first; if Kaplan got you there then great, but if not there are some others that are great. Powerscore is one of them, but there are others.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:08 am

Pneumonia wrote:you're going to need more than just the bibles and PT's. at a minimum also get the cambridge packets so that you can drill questions. Kaplan has a bad rep on here, and a lot of it is deserved, so maybe check out some other resources before doing any more PT's. In fact, don't start doing PT's at all until you feel like you've mastered all the question types in all the sections, otherwise you'll be wasting them. Focus on gaining understanding first; if Kaplan got you there then great, but if not there are some others that are great. Powerscore is one of them, but there are others.
After doing some research, it seems the Manhattan LR and RC and powerscore LG are the way to go. I still have the Kaplan work books that contain a bunch of questions. Can I use that for drilling?

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:13 am

You can, but depending on how comprehensive it is you may still want to look into getting cambridge packets. Also, if your book isn't organized by type for LR then I'd definitely get the cambridge packets.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:18 am

Pneumonia wrote:You can, but depending on how comprehensive it is you may still want to look into getting cambridge packets. Also, if your book isn't organized by type for LR then I'd definitely get the cambridge packets.
Thanks. Now assuming I use three work books, kaplan work books for drilling and take 20-30 pts from the end of December to end of may, do you think a 6 to 8 point increase is possible?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”