l

m23

l

Postby m23 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:17 am

llll
Last edited by m23 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m23

ll

Postby m23 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:50 am

ll
Last edited by m23 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffort

Re: Really sad situation.

Postby Jeffort » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:57 am

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you're most likely going to end up with a misconduct mark on your LSAC CAS report. Canceling your score won't make you getting caught and cited for misconduct go away, LSAC is going to cancel your score anyways.

You can and should deal with LSAC about the citation according to the rules on the notice the proctor gave you. That is the only thing you can do, deal with LSAC about the matter if you want to contest the charge. Your story is sympathetic but not a defense to marking an answer in a section after time for it ran out. What does the notice the proctor gave you say on it? You need to figure out what the procedures are if you want to dispute the rule violation and/or see if there is way to keep it off your record. Keep in mind that ignorance of the rules is not a viable defense and the proctor saying it was 5 minutes into the section but it was only 1 minute in the section won't make a difference, you still broke a rule and got caught red handed doing it, that's all LSAC cares about.
Last edited by Jeffort on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

m23

Postby m23 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:03 am

Thanks Jeffort.
I didn't even get a citation, I just had the exam taken from me, I was distraught, so I wen to the office where the Supervisor was (in a different building) and pleaded with her. She said that the proctors will make a report and all I can do is contact LSAC. I contacted LSAC and was told that I need to put my report in a detailed e-mail to the administration and make sure I indicate that I never actually flipped back into a section.

So I guess you're saying no need to cancel? Just go with the report/appeal or whatever you want to call it and hope I get a dismissal of the allegation/charge or whatever you want to call that?

And I get what you're saying about the it doesn't matter if it was 5 mins in or 5 seconds in, but I feel that it just shows that the proctor was out to get me because she was irritated that the test started 10 minutes late because of the picture issue (due to the fact that she herself called the supervisor to discuss it). I know I was wrong but I truly believe it is because I felt like crap and so much was going through my head as I was coughing non-stop. Take my $ give me a cancellation, but that punishment enough man, don't ruin my future as well, come on now. Not asking for sympathy, just asking for fairness, and this proctor out for blood and if the LSAC is out for just making an example out of someone, than that doesn't seem like fairness. Like I said, I'm not asking for a refund and the proctor to be fired and to be able to retake the exam without a cancellation, that's unrealistic, just asking for a fair punishment and I believe that not giving me a refund and putting a cancellation for that test is punishment enough.
Last edited by m23 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:10 am

m23 wrote:Thanks Jeffort.
I didn't even get a citation, I just had the exam taken from me, I was distraught, so I wen to the office where the Supervisor was (in a different building) and pleaded with her. She said that the proctors will make a report and all I can do is contact LSAC. I contacted LSAC and was told that I need to put my report in a detailed e-mail to the administration and make sure I indicate that I never actually flipped back into a section.

So I guess you're saying no need to cancel? Just go with the report/appeal or whatever you want to call it and hope I get a dismissal of the allegation/charge or whatever you want to call that?

Yeah, go with dealing with the citation report as you described mentioning you never looked back in the test book, it was just cleaning up your answer sheet and hope they dismiss the thing out of mercy, it's their discretion. I guess you should ask them whether you even need to cancel it just to make sure, my point was that you canceling the score doesn't make the misconduct citation vanish.

Good luck.

Yazzzay

Postby Yazzzay » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:00 am

wait shouldn't it be a given that you cancel? You only finished 2 sections, even if you got them all right and one wasn't an experimental you only have around 50 points, not even a 150....obviously you should file the report but also cancel, right?

m23

Postby m23 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:11 am

yeah I mean I think they will automatically cancel it or I think I would be allowed to cancel it, but I'm just worried that even with the cancellation I will have a misconduct on my record. That's why I was wondering if I just cancel it myself, could I avoid getting a misconduct on my record? So instead of that misconduct being sent to every school I apply to, it would just show that it was cancelled the second time and I could just explain the truth instead of my word (the truth) against some evil proctor's bullshit story -which I'm pretty sure LSAC would use as the basis for misconduct if I get screwed like that.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:25 am

I feel really bad for you, I really do. Willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but I mean you start this whole thing off saying you didn't know you couldn't go back? Even if you missed the directions you had to have taken the SATs or ACTs. Any standardized test for admission 99.9% of the time you can't work on any section other than the one that you should be on. I'm not trying to be a dick, but even if you missed some of the directions, who doesn't already know the directions...?

Saw your post history and you said you been studying for 2 months and you don't wanna waste it. If you didn't even get to answer the third section, as other people have said, absolutely cancel your score.

I'm not even quite sure what you're thinking in not canceling. Waste of your time and $$ is a terrible reason not to cancel. In the event LSAC doesn't cancel your score for you anyway, why would you want a score below 150 on your record?

Your best bet at handling the whole misconduct thing is to call LSAC and talk to them. Ask them how to proceed and try to be able to tell your story. Even though the proctor had something against you according to you, he did exactly what he was instructed to do. You didn't flip back, but what if you remembered the question exactly, was stuck between some answer choices and decided to figure it out during Section 3? That would be considered cheating and completely unfair for other students taking the exam. I'm not saying you did this, but that could be what the proctor and/or LSAC will/do think.

ETA: I have no idea how misconduct stuff stays on your record, but if it's only on the specific exam that it happened on, then you have 5 years before it'll get wiped off. That's my guess. So if you don't want to be labeled a cheater, you got 5 years to study and maybe you have a clean slate. Obviously this isn't ideal, but worth a shot. Maybe that's something you can ask LSAC when you talk to them.

SBTC

Postby SBTC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:47 am

I can't offer any advice, but how the heck did they catch you bubbling the wrong section? The proctor would literally have to be standing over you to see it happening. How else could they discern whether you're bubbling in section 2 or 3? That said, you shouldn't have done it. Maybe having the flu affected your judgment.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:29 am

SBTC wrote:I can't offer any advice, but how the heck did they catch you bubbling the wrong section? The proctor would literally have to be standing over you to see it happening. How else could they discern whether you're bubbling in section 2 or 3? That said, you shouldn't have done it. Maybe having the flu affected your judgment.

That's my guess. I had a proctor sitting behind me during the test at random times and when I saw her out of the corner of my eye I was like whoa wtf lol.

chup

Postby chup » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:46 am

And now you're banned, so I guess your day can get worse.

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:51 am

chup wrote:And now you're banned, so I guess your day can get worse.

Oh damn, is it because this person was posting like everywhere he could in random threads? lol

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:55 am

No, it's because they posted a specific answer to a specific question (e.g. "The answer to question 72 in the 5th LR section was B").

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:06 pm

A. Nony Mouse wrote:No, it's because they posted a specific answer to a specific question (e.g. "The answer to question 72 in the 5th LR section was B").

Shit...I didn't get choose B on that one :?

sighsigh

Postby sighsigh » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:24 pm

SBTC wrote:I can't offer any advice, but how the heck did they catch you bubbling the wrong section? The proctor would literally have to be standing over you to see it happening. How else could they discern whether you're bubbling in section 2 or 3?

Yeah, that's really unlucky.

You could always say you were filling in your previous bubbles more completely or erasing stray marks (if they caught you erasing where you're not supposed to) so that the MC reader machine doesn't make an error. They probably don't notice anything more detailed than your hand being in the wrong place of the MC sheet, unless they were actually standing right next to you.

dreamofNYC

Postby dreamofNYC » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:01 pm

Bajam wrote:
A. Nony Mouse wrote:No, it's because they posted a specific answer to a specific question (e.g. "The answer to question 72 in the 5th LR section was B").

Shit...I didn't get choose B on that one :?

LOL me neither :shock:

Kevinlomax

Postby Kevinlomax » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:44 pm

I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, but I am sorry you are dumb. Not only did you come with an incorrect/ No picture (even thought LSAC sent out multiple emails remind everyone), you blatantly cheated. You filled in a section after the directions specifically stated " you may not go back to work on any other section".

Now you are BANNED showing how dumb you are. Law school is not for you.

rinkrat19

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:15 pm

Did OP send a PM to everyone in that thread he/she originally hijacked? No comprehension of time limits, written rules or basic social protocols. He/she will go far in life.

crg0097

Postby crg0097 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:06 pm

I feel bad for you, but you're making too many excuses that could have been prevented.

I woke up with the flu the day before the December 7th test. I waited until 10 PM and withdrew from the test online after assessing that I was too sick to take it in the morning.

It's critical to be able to make important 'judgment calls.' You don't want to be this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kIVjOe6hDU

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Yeah, very little sympathy here. You broke a rule that is standard for every standardized test ever (and is in all the PT booklets). Your excuse for not hearing the rule stated was that you failed to follow another very clear instruction with regard to your picture on the admissions ticket. And you're trying to blame everyone else but yourself for your problems.

Anyways, real advice (if you're ever unbanned and get to read this): cancel, retake, and include a short addendum with your applications explaining that the misconduct citation is for bubbling a question in a previous section when you didn't realize it was against the rules. Have five other people read the addendum before you send it anywhere to make sure none of the attitude that you're expressing in this thread seeps into it.

And read the instructions before the next time you take the test.

sublime

Postby sublime » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:38 pm

midwest17

Postby midwest17 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:50 pm

BTW, for what it's worth, your score report will show a "V" for this test, which the key indicates as a "Other Test Center Violation." Who knows how schools view those, though.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:33 pm

midwest17 wrote:BTW, for what it's worth, your score report will show a "V" for this test, which the key indicates as a "Other Test Center Violation." Who knows how schools view those, though.

Generally not well. It absolutely requires an addendum, and you absolutely have to hope that they don't suspect you of anything worse than what happened to the OP, which still isn't particularly fantastic.

Robbin Blue

Postby Robbin Blue » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:25 pm

Pretty sure this guy is a flame. If not, I feel a little bad about laughing so hard.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:Pretty sure this guy is a flame. If not, I feel a little bad about laughing so hard.

This guy is so TTT.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”