For Rescheduled December Test Takers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Nicolena.

Bronze

For Rescheduled December Test Takers

Post by Nicolena. » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:06 pm

If you want to review, please PM me. Also, interested to hear how you're approaching this upcoming week considering we had all prepared for the December test today.

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:39 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Re: For Rescheduled December Test Takers

Post by Nicolena. » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:44 pm

Yeah. I'm calling on Tuesday to see if I can get a heads up. I'm worried they will make it the 21st. I have a flight booked for Christmas that Saturday. Idk what I'm going to do if it's that day instead. I'm feeling really anxious and kind of overwhelmed with this. I was so ready to be done.

I've planned to take a few tests from the older 50s and early 60s and just review. I hope that's enough. Did you find the MLSAT RC helpful? I only read half the book and didn't feel like the last few chps were relevant.
PatriotP74 wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:If you want to review, please PM me. Also, interested to hear how you're approaching this upcoming week considering we had all prepared for the December test today.
I'm just hoping they don't do it next weekend, i have finals everyday this week(besides Friday) which will kill my time to keep in the LSAT mood.

My plan is to work through difficult LG and LR from Cambridge as much as I can, work through my Manhattan RC book, and take timed sections as much as i can with my finals schedule until we hear from LSAC, if it is this next Saturday ill be taking PT70 Friday morning review that afternoon.

I have heard that they will notify the Testing centers way before us, someone said that last time they notified centers on Tuesday and didn't send emails until Thursday so its probably a good idea Monday/Tuesday to call the centers and see if they've heard.

muzzy

Bronze

Post by muzzy » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:50 pm

Last edited by muzzy on Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Post removed...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:08 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:Ah that would suck, I'm sure whatever day they pick it'll be a bad choice for some of us!
Honestly I just started it today, i worked in the LG and LR books when i could, just felt like the RC book wouldn't help much but its sitting at my worst section so i figured i can get through it all this week haha

What test center were you registered at?

Nicolena. wrote:Yeah. I'm calling on Tuesday to see if I can get a heads up. I'm worried they will make it the 21st. I have a flight booked for Christmas that Saturday. Idk what I'm going to do if it's that day instead. I'm feeling really anxious and kind of overwhelmed with this. I was so ready to be done.

I've planned to take a few tests from the older 50s and early 60s and just review. I hope that's enough. Did you find the MLSAT RC helpful? I only read half the book and didn't feel like the last few chps were relevant.
PatriotP74 wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:If you want to review, please PM me. Also, interested to hear how you're approaching this upcoming week considering we had all prepared for the December test today.
I'm just hoping they don't do it next weekend, i have finals everyday this week(besides Friday) which will kill my time to keep in the LSAT mood.

My plan is to work through difficult LG and LR from Cambridge as much as I can, work through my Manhattan RC book, and take timed sections as much as i can with my finals schedule until we hear from LSAC, if it is this next Saturday ill be taking PT70 Friday morning review that afternoon.

I have heard that they will notify the Testing centers way before us, someone said that last time they notified centers on Tuesday and didn't send emails until Thursday so its probably a good idea Monday/Tuesday to call the centers and see if they've heard.
I'm registered at University of Memphis. You?

RC is also my worst section. I want to try to get a better strategy over this extra week.

I've always done fairly well in LG and I've finished games 50-70 plus a list of harder games (early PTs) compiled from other TLSers, so I feel ready with this section. And I've made a huge improvement on LR since my last test, so its really only RC I'm worried about.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:24 pm

For all of you, I would hope LSAC allows you to transfer to a Feb. date at no cost. Obviously there will be a make-up between now and then but with the holidays and finals there's not going to be a way to avoid conflicts.

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:28 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:For all of you, I would hope LSAC allows you to transfer to a Feb. date at no cost. Obviously there will be a make-up between now and then but with the holidays and finals there's not going to be a way to avoid conflicts.
Wouldn't you recommend against this bc of admissions?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:31 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:For all of you, I would hope LSAC allows you to transfer to a Feb. date at no cost. Obviously there will be a make-up between now and then but with the holidays and finals there's not going to be a way to avoid conflicts.
I'm not taking a stance on that. But it would be kind of LSAC, considering the deadline to transfer test dates was several weeks ago.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
I'm not taking a stance on that. But it would be kind of LSAC, considering the deadline to transfer test dates was several weeks ago.
Someone I know had their date rescheduled last year due to weather. They gave her the option to retake at the new scheduled date or take it the following date it was being administered.

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:44 am

Post removed...

Allegra

New

Post by Allegra » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:46 am

Just found this forum after being cancelled on Saturday. Looking for some more input on what this means and what I should be doing this week (besides taking my finals, of course :( ).

From my scouring of the internet, I think that the common thinking is that the test we will take as a make-up will be one of the February/unreleased tests but one that has the "new" Passage A/Passage B RC section. So that would mean it's a test that was administered during the time of tests 52 - 70. Is this what everyone else thinks?

Also, I read the tip about the LG sections possibly still being one per page, which is good to be prepared for. Anything else that is possibly different between the very current test and the test we are likely to get as a make-up?

Would especially love to hear from people who have taken a make-up test, or any of the tutors who know people who have taken a make-up.

Cactus

Bronze

Post by Cactus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:39 pm

For those that have taken rescheduled tests or have an understanding of what has been done in the past, from your experience does LSAC traditionally look to reschedule the week following the official test date -- or -- two weeks?

As a fellow rescheduled December test-taker, I am very curious to know if there has been an identifiable trend in the way in which LSAC handles rescheduling test dates..

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Post removed...

Cactus

Bronze

Post by Cactus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:33 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:Anyone hear anything today on the new date?
Nothing today. My test center was still closed due to weather today, but I will be calling tomorrow to see if I can find anything new out.

The rescheduled date should be the same across all test centers, correct?

cheme2014

Bronze

Post by cheme2014 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:34 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:Anyone hear anything today on the new date?
(I'm also at TAMUL @ Ft. Worth)

Called school but school was closed due to weather (still :roll: )
Called LSAC; lady said to give it time and that she didn't have any info she could give me. Also recommended checking email and LSAC site frequently (as if I'm not doing that already -- ugh)

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Post removed...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cheme2014

Bronze

Post by cheme2014 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:They are saying they will try to announce it on their Facebook page so I've been watching it closely (TAMUL) Hopefully they let us know quickly, I'd hate to be wondering until Thursday to find out its 2 days away lol

As far as i know they attempt to make it the same day at all test centers, I wouldn't be surprised if a small amount of centers have to do another day due to more winter weather but I don't know how much of that LSAC takes into account.
Let me know if you find out something haha. (I'll do the same, ofc.)

My guess is that most retakes will be this Saturday. (Unfortunately for me, I would prefer 12/21 since I'm currently scheduled for two flights this Saturday lol.) Most people seem to think the retake will be this week, and I feel that 12/21 would be cutting it too close to their holiday break -- the deadline for cancelling scores would overlap with their break, which might not be a huge deal, but I could see it being a headache for both LSAC and the retakers. :?

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:59 pm

Post removed...

Cactus

Bronze

Post by Cactus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:05 pm

Have been unable to connect with anyone at my testing center as it relates to rescheduling.. Have you guys at TAMUL had any luck?

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:04 pm

Post removed...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cactus

Bronze

Post by Cactus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:13 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:
Cactus wrote:Have been unable to connect with anyone at my testing center as it relates to rescheduling.. Have you guys at TAMUL had any luck?

I just got done with a final, checked their FB page and they updated again last night saying that so far they hadn't heard anything from LSAC but would post an update when they do, so seems like they are trying to keep people posted. On the other rescheduled thread someone got in touch with their center and was told it would be the 21st.
Thanks for the update. It's my understanding that LSAC administers the rescheduled test on the same date across the board, is this correct?

**As an update, I just reached my testing center and was told: "I think it's been moved to this upcoming Saturday... but I'm not sure?"

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:42 pm

Post removed...

gma221

Bronze

Post by gma221 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:56 pm

I'm freaking out here a little bit. I just got off the phone with someone from my test center (Chemeketa Community College in Salem, OR), and she said LSAC told her the retake has to be scheduled for either 12/14 or 12/21. Due to scheduling conflicts, there is no way they can do it on the 14th, so the only option is the 21st. She said she's having trouble confirming classrooms, so she estimated there's about a "75% chance" that 12/21 will work. I asked what would happen if they can't schedule it for one of those two weekends, and she said it might be pushed back to early January, but based on everything I've read here and on other forums there is ZERO chance that will happen. I'm applying during this cycle so there is absolutely no way I can wait until February. Anyone else here taking the test in Salem???

I'm on the verge of having a slight panic attack. I have one halfway decent score from June (164) and a cancelled score from October. Since the October test, I've been scoring consistently in the low 170s on timed PTs. I really, REALLY don't want to apply with a 164 when I am 99.9% certain I'd score at least a few points higher on a retake. Would it be insane to wait another year to apply? I'm turning 30 in a few months, ugh!!!

Cactus

Bronze

Post by Cactus » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:04 pm

PatriotP74 wrote:
Cactus wrote:
PatriotP74 wrote:
Cactus wrote:Have been unable to connect with anyone at my testing center as it relates to rescheduling.. Have you guys at TAMUL had any luck?

I just got done with a final, checked their FB page and they updated again last night saying that so far they hadn't heard anything from LSAC but would post an update when they do, so seems like they are trying to keep people posted. On the other rescheduled thread someone got in touch with their center and was told it would be the 21st.
Thanks for the update. It's my understanding that LSAC administers the rescheduled test on the same date across the board, is this correct?

**As an update, I just reached my testing center and was told: "I think it's been moved to this upcoming Saturday... but I'm not sure?"
Yes from what I've heard it is scheduled for the same day for all centers.

Well that gives conflicting reports haha who know maybe by tomorrow we will get a actual date.
Take it for what it's worth, but I just got off the phone with my testing center who confirmed that they would administering it this Saturday, December 14th. However, I'm not believing anything until an official email has been distributed from LSAC..

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”