Post removed. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
GabeQuixote

Bronze

Re: December 2013 LSAT waiting thread

Post by GabeQuixote » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:21 am

No -- I don't know any more than you.

I can only say that this test "feels" like one with either a lower curve or one with maybe two 172+ scores replaced with *

A question being omitted is just another tool in LSAC's arsenal and I'd prefer to steel myself now.

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:26 am

Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

m23

New

Post by m23 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:36 am

Hi I just made an account on here and I was looking for anyone who is online so I can get an opinion on this, I'm very nervous and have been thinking about this since this morning, Dec. 7, 2013, and I just need help.

My story is as follows:

I took the December LSAT today, December 7th 2013. I was dismissed as we were beginning the third section because TOO MUCH INFORMATION and filled it in as we began the third section. The proctor immediately grabbed my exam and dismissed me without any warning. I honestly did not know that this was a rule, because when I first arrived there was an issue with the photo I had to bring with my ID -I didn't have it taped on the ticket. I cut it, taped it to the admissions ticket, but of course the proctor had to call the Testing Center Supervisor to discuss the matter with me, and as she discussed it with me outside and decided to let me take the exam, the proctor was inside and had read this rule that you cannot go back in any sections. I knew that you cannot flip back to any sections, but I must have missed the part about not being allowed to bubble any answer once the time is up for that section. I know claiming ignorance is not likely to get me anywhere with the LSAC Admissions council, so I would just like to know, should I cancel my score or protest? Also, if I cancel my score, would there still be a possible misconduct that would be shown to law schools? I would appreciate a reply as soon as you can on this, as I am very nervous, sad, and unsure of what I should do.

PS. I went to print out a a colored picture to provide with my ID because I believed it had to be in color, this was at about 11:30 pm on December 6th, because I forgot that it had to be in color, or at least that's what I thought, even though it turns out it doesn't have to be in color, as I was told. I got home and was coughing all night and tossing and turning, unfortunately it was too late to withdraw because it was past midnight Dec. 6, I even went to a family doctor who lives near by and she can confirm this. I just feel so screwed please help. I feel that because I became sick I couldn't concentrate and just kept thinking [MOD EDIT: BANNED]. I'm not saying I didn't do something wrong, I just feel that the circumstances and the fact that I couldn't stop coughing all night and morning distracted me, also the fact that I couldn't get a good night's sleep. I now look like a cheater and I feel pretty screwed.

desichhori

New

Post by desichhori » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:49 am

Did anyone take the LSAT Dec 8th 2013 in Korea?? Any idea what was the experimental? One of the RCs?

desichhori

New

Post by desichhori » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:52 am

hyewonkim89 wrote:Did anyone with only 1 LG section have a game about flights being nonstop or delayed?

Please say no....
SORRY...but i did... that LG section was a killer!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

splitcity

New

Post by splitcity » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:00 am

desichhori wrote:Did anyone take the LSAT Dec 8th 2013 in Korea?? Any idea what was the experimental? One of the RCs?
north or south korea?

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:02 am

I'm so wasted right now. I can't believe I came home from a pub and went online to check this shit.

desichhori

New

Post by desichhori » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:02 am

splitcity wrote:
desichhori wrote:Did anyone take the LSAT Dec 8th 2013 in Korea?? Any idea what was the experimental? One of the RCs?
north or south korea?
not sure if they administer tests in North Korea... I took mine in the South

KingJamesLBJ

Bronze

Post by KingJamesLBJ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:04 am

desichhori wrote:
splitcity wrote:
north or south korea?
:lol:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:06 am

barrelofmonkeys wrote:
neprep wrote:
dosto wrote:
Any question in particular you see getting removed? You seem convinced of dat 100q
Dangerous territory…
nep for mod
NO.

Nep for LSAC Intern plz.

dosto

Silver

Post by dosto » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:07 am

Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

splitcity

New

Post by splitcity » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:13 am

desichhori wrote:
splitcity wrote:
north or south korea?
yeah sorry, I took mine in Chongjin, one of the 4 cities in DPRK that administer the test - I can't help you out.

neprep

Silver

Post by neprep » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:16 am

m23 wrote: My story is as follows:

I took the December LSAT today, December 7th 2013. I was dismissed as we were beginning the third section because at the end of the second section I had number 24 answer E stuck in my head and filled it in as we began the third section. The proctor immediately grabbed my exam and dismissed me without any warning. I honestly did not know that this was a rule, because when I first arrived there was an issue with the photo I had to bring with my ID -I didn't have it taped on the ticket. I cut it, taped it to the admissions ticket, but of course the proctor had to call the Testing Center Supervisor to discuss the matter with me, and as she discussed it with me outside and decided to let me take the exam, the proctor was inside and had read this rule that you cannot go back in any sections. I knew that you cannot flip back to any sections, but I must have missed the part about not being allowed to bubble any answer once the time is up for that section. I know claiming ignorance is not likely to get me anywhere with the LSAC Admissions council, so I would just like to know, should I cancel my score or protest? Also, if I cancel my score, would there still be a possible misconduct that would be shown to law schools? I would appreciate a reply as soon as you can on this, as I am very nervous, sad, and unsure of what I should do.
Unfortunately, the LSAT Admission Ticket — which clearly instructs you to read its instructions — makes this rule pretty explicit, so no, you can't claim ignorance effectively:
[b]LSAT Candidate Information Sheet[/b] wrote:The LSAT consists of five separately timed sections of 35 minutes each. During the time allowed for each section, you may work on that section only. Once time has been called, all pencils are to be put down and no more marks or erasures are to be made on the answer sheet. You may not start a section until instructed by the supervisor to do so. You must put down your pencil immediately when instructed by the supervisor to do so. At no time are you permitted to return to any earlier section on your answer sheet for any purpose.
I'm pretty sure test center violations, if you're found guilty, will show up even if you cancel. If I were you, I would write to LSAC requesting information on how they will investigate this, start studying for a retake, and start thinking about how to explain the violation in an application addendum.
Last edited by neprep on Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

vicpin5190

Silver

Post by vicpin5190 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:17 am

Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

fairhope71

New

Post by fairhope71 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:50 am

I did today. My exp was RC but have no idea which one was experimental. Both RCs weren't that hard.

desichhori

New

Post by desichhori » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:52 am

splitcity wrote:
desichhori wrote:
splitcity wrote:
north or south korea?
yeah sorry, I took mine in Chongjin, one of the 4 cities in DPRK that administer the test - I can't help you out.
not sure if ur kidding or serious.. if the latter wt ws ur setup ? did you have two RCs?

fairhope71

New

Post by fairhope71 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:56 am

desichhori wrote:
hyewonkim89 wrote:Did anyone with only 1 LG section have a game about flights being nonstop or delayed?

Please say no....
On the way home, while driving my car, I kept drawing and re-drawing the set-up again and again.
After messing up the LG, I prayed for another LG in my booklet, unfortunately another RC greeted me.
I am 멘붕

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

fairhope71

New

Post by fairhope71 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:02 am

Please say no....
RC and LRs were so nice that I didn't mind having another RC as an experimental.
But LG ruined everything.

desichhori

New

Post by desichhori » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:04 am

fairhope71 wrote:
I did today. My exp was RC but have no idea which one was experimental. Both RCs weren't that hard.
Yup Rcs weren't bad at all.. even LRs seemed easier than PT 69 and 70 ...but the LG was a nerve wrecker for me... did you feel the same?

desichhori

New

Post by desichhori » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:07 am

fairhope71 wrote:
desichhori wrote:

Please say no....
On the way home, while driving my car, I kept drawing and re-drawing the set-up again and again.
After messing up the LG, I prayed for another LG in my booklet, unfortunately another RC greeted me.
I am 멘붕
same exact situation!!! i was menboong right during that LG! haha...and i did pray for one more after the break but after seeing another RC, i almost wept....oh well... they were not that bad ..but the LG its gonna kill my score!

fairhope71

New

Post by fairhope71 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:15 am

desichhori wrote:
fairhope71 wrote:
Yup Rcs weren't bad at all.. even LRs seemed easier than PT 69 and 70 ...but the LG was a nerve wrecker for me... did you feel the same?
Yes, exactly the same here!! LRs were way easier than previous PTs. In most PTs, whether it's LR or RC, my time was up by the time I got to Q23 or 24. But this time, I finished every section without being rushed.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

fairhope71

New

Post by fairhope71 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:24 am

desichhori wrote:
fairhope71 wrote:
desichhori wrote:

Please say no....
I am 멘붕
same exact situation!!! i was menboong right during that LG! haha...and i did pray for one more after the break but after seeing another RC, i almost wept....oh well... they were not that bad ..but the LG its gonna kill my score!
My biggest concern was RC because more often than not the time was up right after I read the fourth passage.
That didn't happen this time. Going into LG, I almost felt like breaking the 170 barrier.
But LG shattered it completely.

hanul21

New

Post by hanul21 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:52 am

fairhope71 wrote:
desichhori wrote:

Please say no....
I am 멘붕
the LG wasn't too bad..

it was after the break when I saw another RC that I wanted to explode. RC's aren't my forte and one of the girls in the place I was taking the exam stood up and left after seeing the 2nd RC. I wanted to do the same..

barcafan17

New

Post by barcafan17 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:19 am

jkee wrote:
bee wrote:
jkee wrote:Hi all, new poster here. Just read through all of the pages, still having trouble with which RC was experimental.

I had had one with web dubois and the planet pluto that KILLED me. was pluto mirrors? or is this experimental? any heads up is much appreciated. I'm in the potential cancel group. Thanks.
weird, i had an rc exp that had neither dubois nor pluto

the real rc had mirrors, which was NOT pluto
I took it in the UK, does this make a difference? Other sections seem to overlap.

Can we put some other key words re mirrors? I'm using all that's left of my brain and, for the life of me, nothing is coming up
I also distinctly remember a passage abt women's rights in marriage in england; this passage was NOT in the pluto/dubois RC section.

might be shooting in the dark, but if anyone has any thoughts please do share!
I also took it in the UK and had the two RC sections that you mentioned. I had the exact opposite experience you did though; I thought the section with women's rights and the Algonquian tribes was incredibly hard, and I am pretty sure I aced Pluto and Dubois...so I'm hoping the latter RC is the real one! But since the test is non-disclosed and clearly different from the ones in the States, I guess we'll never know!

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:19 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”